We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Happy to have found this place! Options

Recognita
#1 Posted : 1/22/2024 1:15:57 AM
Hey! I have a recent but intense interest in botany, and a ling standing interest in thr psychedelic experience. I'm especially interested in growing ethnibotanicals, though I have a lot to learn. I hope that I have a bit of knowledge to offer, because I'll be learning as much as I can here. Cheers! Smile

downwardsfromzero
ModeratorChemical expert
#2 Posted : 1/22/2024 9:30:49 PM
Hello and welcome!

It's particularly delightful to hear that you're an ethnobotanical gardener in the making. Do you have much in your collection so far? I hope you make space for some nice cacti if you've not done so already Smile It also looks as though you might have some interest in sages, perhaps? Your username is surely a bit of a giveaway.

We'd love to see pictures of your specimens and any growlogs or the like.

What kindled your interest in psychedelics? What role have they played in your life - besides being a gateway drug for gardening, perhaps Laughing

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Recognita
#3 Posted : 1/23/2024 7:49:02 PM
downwardsfromzero wrote:
It's particularly delightful to hear that you're an ethnobotanical gardener in the making. Do you have much in your collection so far? I hope you make space for some nice cacti if you've not done so already Smile It also looks as though you might have some interest in sages, perhaps? Your username is surely a bit of a giveaway.

My collection is still small, and I have recently faced a major letdown growing what I thought at the time was khat.
Turns out the worm castings I used had some active seeds of other plants, basically weeds. My bad luck, paired with my ignorance and optimism, resulted in me nursing what I've recently identified as "Lady's thumb", a knotweed that to me looked a lot like a khat seedling

Other than that, I have poppies, peruvian torch cactus, coffee arabica, salvia recognita I'm trying to germinate, a bonsai'd poincettia, and a bunch of kanna seedlings. This doesn't include the other plants and succulents/cactus I'm growing for a business I'm working on.

downwardsfromzero wrote:
We'd love to see pictures of your specimens and any growlogs or the like.

Here's a couple!

downwardsfromzero wrote:
What kindled your interest in psychedelics? What role have they played in your life - besides being a gateway drug for gardening, perhaps Laughing

When I was 12 I became fascinated with lucid dreaming, especially once I had my first. It seemed so unrealistic and impossible to me, so once I proved to myself that it was very real I dove head first into learning about altered states of consciousness. My first psychedelic trip came about 4 years later, the rest is history!

Psychedelics have been a sort of welcome perspective for me. I've always been the odd one out, and couldn't quite describe in what way, but for some reason psychedelics just clicked very strongly for me. I experienced first hand the power they had on the mind, opening me up to a new way of thinking that was both alien and very, very familiar. I felt understood and inspired.
Recognita attached the following image(s):
20240114_201225.jpg (7,171kb) downloaded 37 time(s).
Messenger_creation_323794a1-09f1-4a01-baed-66c2546a7076.png (110kb) downloaded 36 time(s).
20231209_220716.jpg (7,747kb) downloaded 37 time(s).
IMG_20231103_195028.jpg (3,633kb) downloaded 36 time(s).

Pandora
Welcoming committeeSenior Member
#4 Posted : 1/23/2024 8:00:41 PM
Recognita,

Welcome to the Nexus. We love plants and plant pics here.

There are a lot of lucid dreamers here at the Nexus or folks who have experienced it in some part of their lives.

Do you have a lot of psychedelic experience? Have you tried DMT? Have you done your own extraction yet?

I think you will be well received here. Again, welcome.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Recognita
#5 Posted : 1/24/2024 10:01:21 PM
Pandora wrote:
Recognita,

Welcome to the Nexus. We love plants and plant pics here.

There are a lot of lucid dreamers here at the Nexus or folks who have experienced it in some part of their lives.

Do you have a lot of psychedelic experience? Have you tried DMT? Have you done your own extraction yet?

I think you will be well received here. Again, welcome.

Thank you for the kind welcome! I've always loved this place, so I'm pretty excited to be here!

Most of my experience with psychedelics is with psilocybin and lsd, with a few less common psychedelics thrown in for good measure.

I tried dmt a long time ago, didn't break through, but my foot is in the door now. No experience with extraction methods other than abstractly. I have a budding interest in organic chemistry I'm wanting to pursue, so I'm taking it as it comes, making sure I know enough to be safe.

Pandora
Welcoming committeeSenior Member
#6 Posted : 1/24/2024 11:19:58 PM
You are well on your way.

By the way I know nothing of organic chemistry and have successfully extracted a lot of times.

I have always said if you can cook a dinner from following directions you can extract DMT.

There are a lot of extraction TEKs. Here is a link:

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...egory:Extraction_Tek#DMT

Basically find one, then read through it several times, bring your questions to the forum or chat, then dive in. Work slowly, carefully and soberly. Use long sleeves, shoes, full protection goggles, chemical safe gloves and a double cartridge respirator. All these goodies can be purchased at well supplied hardware stores.

Finally, I encourage folks to begin with a small, scaled down extraction. If the TEK calls for 100 grams of bark, maybe do 50 grams of bark and cut all ingredients by 50%. That way if something goes wrong in an unsalveageable manner, you will not be out too many ingredients.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU