We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Thoughts on the relationship of stress and DMT Options

DexterMTripp
#1 Posted : 1/9/2024 5:31:45 AM
I just wanted to get some thoughts on this subject.

As a kid, I dreamt a lot. My worst nightmare was the lady from a 'Creature double feature' film called "The astounding she-monster". It wasn't that specific lady but a glowing woman that would chase me in my dreams and I couldn't scream. She was a repeat character in my dreams that tormented me as a kid.

My family would tell me regularly that I would talk in my sleep, and rip the covers off the bed, and start yelling. On occasion, I would figure out I was in a dream and would do whatever I wanted, including fly. I really liked when I 'realized' I was dreaming. Endless amounts of fun.

As an adult I don't dream much anymore. Generally speaking when I have been under huge amounts of mental stress I will dream. The last time that happened which was many years ago, I thought I had murdered people. I actually called my mother in a full sweaty panic in the middle of the night to make sure I hadn't. It felt real. To this day, I worry that someone is going to dig in the area I placed one of the bodies and I'll be going to jail. That's how real it felt. I was under a lot of emotional stress as a kid (religious corporal punishment household and terrified of my father daily), so I'm wondering if that could be a cause.

The other time I am almost guaranteed to get into a dream state is when I've spent too much time in the sun at the beach. When I get a little burned up on the first few days of vacation, I'm definitely dreaming.

Fasting for days generally causes that kind of stress to the body, and I'm wondering if 'stress' ups the DMT production in the body.

Has anyone else experienced this?
"You are what you seek" - Remi

Favorite trip tunes: Billie Eilish - No time to die | Hillsong United - Oceans | The Irrepressibles - In this shirt | Rhianne Music (YouTube Channel) - Somewhere only we know | Jessica Mazin - Never let me down again | Aquilo - Human | Imogen Heap - Hide and Seek

brokedownpalace10
#2 Posted : 1/9/2024 8:25:04 AM
I'm kinda interested in the relationship between DMT and dreams at the moment. I've always heard that DMT is produced in dreaming, but that seems to be debunked as well. I dunno.

I do think that DMT, especially in conjunction with Harmalas does access the subconscious and that dreams do as well.

I am experiencing a new to me form of insomnia at the moment. I wake up after 4 hours sleep and can't get back to sleep. (advanced sleep cycles) Lately I've found that part of it seems to be having uncomfortable dreams. Not bad dreams per se, uncomfortable dreams. I have a bit of PTSD from some things before I retired and a lot going on right now as well. So, my dreams seem to be problem solving with familiar life motifs. I wake up partially because I want to relax and quit problem solving.

Anyway, my smoking of Harmalas and spice of late has had the intent of getting in touch with my dreams more. So, the interest in DMT and dreams. I do seem to remember dreams more since I began the intent. That does seem to be facilitated by my sessions as well.

DexterMTripp
#3 Posted : 1/9/2024 12:28:23 PM
brokedownpalace10 wrote:
I've always heard that DMT is produced in dreaming, but that seems to be debunked as well. I dunno.

I am experiencing a new to me form of insomnia at the moment. I wake up after 4 hours sleep and can't get back to sleep. (advanced sleep cycles) Lately I've found that part of it seems to be having uncomfortable dreams. Not bad dreams per se, uncomfortable dreams. I have a bit of PTSD from some things before I retired and a lot going on right now as well. So, my dreams seem to be problem solving with familiar life motifs. I wake up partially because I want to relax and quit problem solving.

I'm with you. I have an active mind. It doesn't matter what the the topic is. I can think of something random like Pistachio ice cream, and won't sleep until I know how it's made. If I'm working on an old car and have a problem I won't sleep until I either pass out or figure it out. A big project at work that needs a solution, won't sleep.

I have yet to take my first trip, but I do now have everything I need for the tek, so just like working on a car, I need a few days to go through the entire sequence in my head, imagine completing each step all the way to bottling it up and actually have an e-mesh system coming in the mail, although I may make "the machine" because it looked like something you can be creative with (Think a bottle with a ship in it would be cool or maybe a couple aliens from Toy Story. lol.). I thought about the PG delivery, but I don't smoke anymore, and if I'm going to do it I don't want to tip toe in. Even the settings on the T200 mod I need to figure out. I'm not too worried about it after reading "The Spirit Molecule", and watching videos on the subject.

Ultimately, I'll know if this is equal to the dream experiences, or if it something totally different. You can read about it, or you can do it. I've read enough. 😊

Favorite trip tunes: Billie Eilish - No time to die | Hillsong United - Oceans | The Irrepressibles - In this shirt | Rhianne Music (YouTube Channel) - Somewhere only we know | Jessica Mazin - Never let me down again | Aquilo - Human | Imogen Heap - Hide and Seek

rkba
#4 Posted : 1/9/2024 5:42:03 PM
DexterMTripp wrote:
I just wanted to get some thoughts on this subject.
Fasting for days generally causes that kind of stress to the body, and I'm wondering if 'stress' ups the DMT production in the body.

It could be that not 'drowning the body with food' wakes up the body-spirit and starts communicating more. A high(er) DMT production, due to an awakened body-spirit, may be more normal for the human-being than when constantly kept in a 'food-coma'.

In my current perceptual state I believe that there are forces at play that seem to want to keep the human body-spirit as quiet as possible. For reasons unknown to me. My rational mind says that these forces may be siphoning some sort of energy away from our being. The body-spirit needs to remain asleep because it does realize what is happening and will revolt to the point that the harvesting stops.

The monsters under our beds from when we were kids may not have been completely fictional. We have just learned to unsee them by lulling our body-spirits to sleep. Night Night!

Just remember to wake up your body-spirit so you can Flux with Joy and enjoy the ride!!

DexterMTripp
#5 Posted : 1/10/2024 2:59:01 AM
rkba wrote:

In my current perceptual state I believe that there are forces at play that seem to want to keep the human body-spirit as quiet as possible. For reasons unknown to me. My rational mind says that these forces may be siphoning some sort of energy away from our being. The body-spirit needs to remain asleep because it does realize what is happening and will revolt to the point that the harvesting stops.

Interesting thoughts. Perhaps, because you are roaming around in this world that may be reserved for the 'energy' of the dead (energy cannot be created or destroyed, etc), there are guides that assume you are dead, and are trying to get you to the holding pattern to go to wherever (reincarnation, heaven, etc). Once they realize you 'cheated' the system in this playground without paying the 'boat man' and actually have a body you'll be going back to, they become less than thrilled with your presence, and become hostile.

I was listening to the interviews of the people that were volunteers for the experiment that the book the Spirit Molecule was based on, and one woman said she seemed to arrive in a place where souls await rebirth, and she knew she had been there many times before.

Asswhole
#6 Posted : 1/10/2024 5:09:54 PM
Just stop smoking weed, DMT couldn't cause that! Period.

rkba
#7 Posted : 1/10/2024 6:27:08 PM
DexterMTripp wrote:

Interesting thoughts. Perhaps, because you are roaming around in this world that may be reserved for the 'energy' of the dead (energy cannot be created or destroyed, etc), there are guides that assume you are dead, and are trying to get you to the holding pattern to go to wherever (reincarnation, heaven, etc). Once they realize you 'cheated' the system in this playground without paying the 'boat man' and actually have a body you'll be going back to, they become less than thrilled with your presence, and become hostile.

I was listening to the interviews of the people that were volunteers for the experiment that the book the Spirit Molecule was based on, and one woman said she seemed to arrive in a place where souls await rebirth, and she knew she had been there many times before.

Yes, you are correct. The thoughts are only that, just interesting.

All we can do is to evolve a perception of the Flux that fits ourselves the best in that moment. It is all we can do, we all suspect that no Being has total knowledge of the Flux.

The explanation you describe above is just as valid, and even more valid if it balances your current perceptions better.

Currently I'm striving to let my body-spirit do more of the shaping of my perception. Of course that doesn't necessarily mean that my brain-spirit understands or accepts the perception-shift. In fact it may even fight the shift to preserve the old status-quo. Just me rambling on about it constantly tells me a lot.

Flux with Joy and Love to Flux!

DexterMTripp
#8 Posted : 1/11/2024 5:19:33 AM
rkba wrote:

Currently I'm striving to let my body-spirit do more of the shaping of my perception. Of course that doesn't necessarily mean that my brain-spirit understands or accepts the perception-shift. In fact it may even fight the shift to preserve the old status-quo. Just me rambling on about it constantly tells me a lot.

Yeah man, so an honest question, because my experience will be coming soon. Let's say you are going in with a "mission/goal" on what you want to accomplish/discover. Does all of that go out the window once you blast off, or can you actually remember what your goal was and stick to it (i.e. do you have any control while under)?

rkba
#9 Posted : 1/11/2024 7:33:10 PM
DexterMTripp wrote:

Yeah man, so an honest question, because my experience will be coming soon. Let's say you are going in with a "mission/goal" on what you want to accomplish/discover. Does all of that go out the window once you blast off, or can you actually remember what your goal was and stick to it (i.e. do you have any control while under)?

I cannot answer such a question, for I have not consulted any of the plants since my excessive (ab)use of cannabis more than 30 years ago.

Recently, about half a year ago, San Pedro has "shown itself" to me and, after I have cultivated my own plants, is willing to tell me its story. A little over ten years ago I had several life-events that opened doors that were long forgotten. My body seemed to have reached out and slowly started to alter my perceptions. Now, the rays of the Sun, various animal and insect visits have shown me things I don't fully understand but "feel" are correct.

Or, I'm just slowly sliding of my rocker Big grin.

But it is not overly important what other beings may think, what counts is that the path you're on "feels" good and fits your perceptions of the world. It is after all your journey and, as long as you are not damaging other beings with your behavior, yours to fill and fulfill to the best of your abilities.

If you make changes in your life 'slowly', you, and other beings, can adapt and accept them. The typical human gestation period is nine months. Birth is a tremendous life-changing event and the Flux gave us about nine months to adapt and accept the path that was set in motion. I would say that that time-span would be a good measure for other potential life-changing events.

If I would answer your question I would probably suggest: "Trust and listen to your body, it already knows what to do".

Flux on and enjoy the ride!

Voidmatrix
Welcoming committeeModerator
#10 Posted : 1/11/2024 7:51:12 PM
DexterMTripp wrote:
rkba wrote:

Well, this can be different every time. Some I remember really well, others, I come back wondering what just happens. Stay open and let go.

As for more DMT being produced in dreams or during fasting, I'm not sure, but it could be a whole host of other mechanisms and process from neurotransmitters and hormones and not related to DMT at all. Vitamin D is on my mind specifically due to your comments about how you dream after being out in the sun, but again, it could be something totally different.

It also seems that some of these experiences are derived from the same internal locale as say dreams, but they have always been of a vastly different order or class to me. Harmalas definitely help induce a hypnogogic trance state, akin to dreaming, but vastly different.

It's said in some circles that dreaming is a way for the brain to defragment and remove unwanted or unnecessary data. So dreaming when you're stressed may be a byproduct of your brain needing to unload the felt stress.

Hope some of this helps in some way.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

downwardsfromzero
ModeratorChemical expert
#11 Posted : 1/12/2024 9:44:30 PM
DexterMTripp wrote:
The other time I am almost guaranteed to get into a dream state is when I've spent too much time in the sun at the beach. When I get a little burned up on the first few days of vacation, I'm definitely dreaming.
This reminds me more of the delirium that can come from sunstroke. If you have experienced severe sunstroke, how would you say it compares with your above-described experiences?

If you haven't definitively had sunstroke, I would suggest that you have in fact experienced it several - or possibly numerous - times in a milder form.

Asswhole wrote:
Just stop smoking weed, DMT couldn't cause that! Period.
You're the first to mention weed in this thread so what even gave you that idea? And what exactly couldn't be caused by DMT? Please ensure that it is clear both to whom your posts are directed and what the post is even about.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

DexterMTripp
#12 Posted : 1/13/2024 3:14:28 AM
rkba wrote:

Or, I'm just slowly sliding of my rocker Big grin.

But it is not overly important what other beings may think, what counts is that the path you're on "feels" good and fits your perceptions of the world. It is after all your journey and, as long as you are not damaging other beings with your behavior, yours to fill and fulfill to the best of your abilities.

If I would answer your question I would probably suggest: "Trust and listen to your body, it already knows what to do".

Flux on and enjoy the ride!

I think everyone needs a little sliding off their rocker every so often. It would probably be weird if we didn't given the state of affairs circling around us on a daily basis.

Live and let live Cool

DexterMTripp
#13 Posted : 1/13/2024 3:24:06 AM
Voidmatrix wrote:

Well, this can be different every time. Some I remember really well, others, I come back wondering what just happens. Stay open and let go.

One love

Thanks for the response. Do you use the same dosing each time? What method do you use?
If the dosing is always the same, and the method is always the same, but you only sometimes remember it, I wonder what the secret is on the days that you do remember. Diet? State of mind? Amount of sunlight absorbed that day.

I think I will keep a diary of all of these things, so I can determine if an experience that is remembered is repeatable by some external input. Maybe down a melatonin 30 minutes before going in or something, to get you into that joyous sleepy state you get into on a Saturday when you wake up naturally...but not really.

I like your thoughtful evaluation.

DexterMTripp
#14 Posted : 1/13/2024 3:46:44 AM
downwardsfromzero wrote:
This reminds me more of the delirium that can come from sunstroke. If you have experienced severe sunstroke, how would you say it compares with your above-described experiences?

If you haven't definitively had sunstroke, I would suggest that you have in fact experienced it several - or possibly numerous - times in a milder form.

Anything is possible, but the headache, dizziness, and confusion that goes with sun or heat stroke I don't experience when I'm just a little burned, and I've experience that (heat stroke or close to it) once on the side of a mountain when I ran out of water, and the local sources I used to pull from in that area had dried up. I thought I was a done about 90% towards the top. I eventually made it to the top (after stripping my pack and hiding it in an area) and taking tiny steps, drove my Jeep to the nearest store and while I was at the counter paying for the water I remember mumbling in a dizzy haze "I don't know what I was thinking not bringing more water", and then I passed out on the floor. I woke up to the store owner sitting on the floor next to me asking if I was OK, and giving me some water. I immediately got up, drank the water, bought another two gallons of water and I think a root beer, guzzled the root beer down. Guzzled more water down, thanked the owner for his help and went back to the mountain to retrieve my pack and setup my tent on a cliffside (where I had hidden my pack in some bushes) overlooking the gorge. I never slept better, and I don't remember dreaming at all.

Voidmatrix
Welcoming committeeModerator
#15 Posted : 1/13/2024 4:06:47 AM
DexterMTripp wrote:
Thanks for the response. Do you use the same dosing each time? What method do you use?
If the dosing is always the same, and the method is always the same, but you only sometimes remember it, I wonder what the secret is on the days that you do remember. Diet? State of mind? Amount of sunlight absorbed that day.

Not each time, but I generally stay within a range. I rarely go deep intentionally. That being said, I've vaped 10mg many times. In the past it, was a mild experience, even when vaped properly. Nowadays, that's not really the case. There have been several "breakthroughs" on 10mg. The point is, other variables aside, DMT is just really really weird, and commonly defies expectations and explanations.

To more directly answer your question, I typically smoalk changa out of a particular bubbler. When I decide to do freebase, I always double-check the weight of my doses, and I have a favorite device, but depending on my mood, may use another. I tend to be two hours fasted, and my diet is pretty general, with only slight deviations here and there, and I can't think of a time where there something very different in my diet that aided in an alteration in a DMT or changa experience.

It's another conundrum with a myriad of possibilities. I will say also, that sometimes it's the nature of the experience that makes it hard to remember. Lately, I've been saying that the more you do DMT the weirder it gets. The weirder it gets, the harder it can be to remember, especially considering our memories are associative. If something we encounter is so removed from anything in our pragmatic reality that we are unable to relate an idea or concrete thing to it, the more likely it is to diminish in memory. It can also be difficult to remember if there are heavy layers of content, things are moving extremely rapidly, and if we are both consumed in the space as well as our thoughts (I have many experiences where I'm experiencing multiple states at once). And there seem to be no guarantees with DMT, it's always a crapshoot.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽