We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ramblings of an old Dead Head…. Options

MacElf_234
#1 Posted : 1/8/2024 10:22:03 PM
Hello. So as the title says, I’m an aging Dead Head. I thought my tripping days were over until I heard about the Ayahuasca and the DMT molecule. What I read piqued my curiosity about the nether regions of the mind once again.
So I managed to procure a sample mixed in non - nicotine vape juice loaded into a battery powered vape device.
I’ve had several pre-dawn “ three puff” sessions in the dark in bed over the last six weeks.

Once again, I am confronted with the question : What is this ?

I don’t think anyone can claim for certain what or where these spaces are. The only thing I can say for certain, for myself, is they are far beyond the ordinary waking or dreaming states.

Back in the day, while dancing and tripping with thousands of other people I felt something very big and important was happening. It felt like we were on the cusp of something new and incredible. Like discovering some new frontier in another dimension. I don’t think I was alone in those feelings. It was like being a part of a big generator powered by people creating a separate reality temporarily. Then the music would end, the workers would chase the stoned stragglers out into the night, and eventually I and I would come down.

And I always felt let down that we didn’t change the big ‘ol’ nasty world. Not “ this time”, but maybe next time…

Back to the present, and this mornings’ trip.

Three puffs, and I’m not me. Not me is in the place where high voltage energy is electric color doing its thing inside of an electric kaleidoscope. It certainly seems like another dimension.

One theory I have adopted as a possibility is the holographic brain theory as posited in the pop science book
“ The Holographic Universe” by Michael Talbot. Perhaps the DMT molecule unleashes mental muscles that can create these fantastic spaces of the MIND ( writ large).

Ok, I’m getting tired thumbs. What a great space to have for sharing and speculating about such things.

Thanks for being here and creating this space.

Cheers,

Pandora
Welcoming committeeSenior Member
#2 Posted : 1/9/2024 3:11:51 AM
MacElf_234,

Welcome to the Nexus. As an old woman, who met my husband over 35 years ago at a Grateful Dead concert, I am always happy to see an aging Dead Head join our delightful little found family.

It sounds like you are on your way with a new set of adventures. DMT is truly amazing and full of surprises.

I would like to encourage you as you move forward, to extract your own DMT in the future. There are many tried and true extraction TEK's in the wiki link above and if I can do it anyone can, Very happy.

Again, I welcome you and hope to see you around. Drop into the chat sometimes if you like.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

brokedownpalace10
#3 Posted : 1/9/2024 8:29:06 AM
Old Deadhead here myself. Welcome!

Did you get to see Jerry? I've only got 13 shows under my belt, but they do span the years and were all with Jerry. Billy Strings is the man carrying the torch right now. If you can see one of his shows, they are highly recommended.

MacElf_234
#4 Posted : 1/9/2024 11:21:38 AM
Thanks for the welcome, both of you ! I don’t know if I’ll have much to contribute here, but I will certainly be reading.
To answer your question B.D.P., I began attending shows just after the band took a break from touring…’79 maybe ?
Anyway, got the ice broke. Lurker no more.

DexterMTripp
#5 Posted : 1/10/2024 5:58:15 AM
I like your moxie (from old old(ish) person to another). 🫸🫷🙌
Great story, and it's great that there are others still looking for answers and new experiences.

To new discoveries. 🍻
"You are what you seek" - Remi

Favorite trip tunes: Billie Eilish - No time to die | Hillsong United - Oceans | The Irrepressibles - In this shirt | Rhianne Music (YouTube Channel) - Somewhere only we know | Jessica Mazin - Never let me down again | Aquilo - Human | Imogen Heap - Hide and Seek