We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Yopo preparation with photos Options

Phenethylamine23
#1 Posted : 10/5/2023 11:46:55 AM
The following is a method to prepare Yopo, a South American psychadelic snuff powder containing bufotenin, 5MEO-DMT and DMT, made from the seeds of Anadenanthera peregrina or Anadenanthera colubrina.

Steps:

1. Dehull the seeds.
Gently heat the seeds until they pop, about 140 degrees celcius is sufficient temperature.
(Which ever apparatus you choose, cover the heat resistant container with lid as the seeds tend to jump like popcorn). Watch them carefully as to not overheat them and turn to charcoal. The purpose of this step is the dehull the hard outer layer of the seeds, the heat helps to detach the inner and outer parts of the seed, for Yopo preparation going to use the inner part of the seeds. Tweezers is handy at this stage to help remove the outer shell and discard it.
Another method is to place the seeds in a wet paper towel for 5-10 minutes to make them soft, then remove the shell with tweezers without cooking them.

2. Dry the seeds.
Heat the seeds on low heat to dry them out more. Can chop with scissors, crumble with fingers, whatever. The smaller the pieces the faster it will dry. Remember be mindfull not to destroy the alkaloids by over cooking them, you dont want any smoke or turning into charcoal.

3. Grind the seeds into a powder.
Using mortise and pestle grind the dry seeds into a powder.

4. Mix with calcium hydroxide and water.
Measure the weight of the dry seed powder. Add half of the weight in calcium hydroxide. For example if the seed powder weighs 1.8 grams, add 0.9 grams of Ca(HO)2. Mix the powders together thoroughly. Add demineralised water (about half of cap full per 15 seeds). Knead into a paste and let sit for about 5 minutes for the reaction to take place.

5. Dry the seed paste.
Flatten out the paste on dish or similar. Apply gentle heat until dry. About 110 degress celcius is sufficient temperature as only necessarily evaporating off the water.

6. Grind into fine powder.
Place the dried mixture into mortise and pestle again and regrind into a fine powder.

7. Wait.
Wait atleast about 24 hours before use, this will allow excess Calcium Hydroxide to react with carbon in the atmosphere and turn into less caustic calcium carbonate, otherwise you'll chemically burn your nostrils.

8. Completion.
You have a preparation of yopo seed powder ready for nasal insufflation.
Use Kuripe pipe for self administration.

Threshold dose: 30 mg.
Light dose: 65 - 300 mg.
Regular dose: 300 - 540 mg.
Strong dose: 540 - 800 mg.
Heroic dose: >800 mg.

Phenethylamine23 attached the following image(s):
20231005_154338.jpg (2,088kb) downloaded 76 time(s).
20231005_170039.jpg (1,995kb) downloaded 75 time(s).
20231005_170258.jpg (2,142kb) downloaded 77 time(s).
20231005_170615.jpg (2,007kb) downloaded 76 time(s).
20231005_173226.jpg (1,877kb) downloaded 75 time(s).

Phenethylamine23
#2 Posted : 10/5/2023 12:20:56 PM
I was thinking perhaps next time could make a solution of calcium hydroxide saturated water separately, and then add the alkaline water to the seed powder to make a paste and evaporate off. As 1/3 of the mix is calcium carbonate. Could reduce it to zero doing it this way, so the whole finished product is the same starting weight. Which means can snuff 1/3 less for same effective dose.

Twilight Person
#3 Posted : 10/5/2023 12:21:09 PM
Cool pictoral. I tried this once and it felt like a lot to stuff into nostrils. But removing the shell might help i guess, also your colour is quite brighter now, looks more appealing.

Cheers
~ O ~

Phenethylamine23
#4 Posted : 10/5/2023 12:29:06 PM
Twilight Person wrote:
Cool pictoral. I tried this once and it felt like a lot to stuff into nostrils. But removing the shell might help i guess, also your colour is quite brighter now, looks more appealing.

Cheers

The colour goes a shade greyer after a while which is good.
Yes remove the seed hulls, mainly for two reasons. First they are hard to grind into a powder, and second because they have very little activity which unnecessarily bulks out the powder.
It would be interesting to do an extraction on a large amount of the seed hulls to see what it yields.

Homo Trypens
Welcoming committeeSenior Member
#5 Posted : 10/5/2023 2:09:52 PM
Awesome, thanks for the writeup and the pics!

InLaKesh
#6 Posted : 11/24/2023 3:11:39 PM
Awsome, i just want to add the posibility of making a nice Bufo Changa.
-Soak the final powder in ethanol over Night
- filter with a coffee filter
- evaporate on caapi leaf (or any other smokable herb)
Done Smile
In Lak'ech - I am another yourself