We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Possible? Options

Kmk6891
#21 Posted : 10/27/2023 6:39:54 PM
downwardsfrmzero wrote:
Purely speculative of me to suggest this, but maybe prolonged use of DMT leads to a switching of metabolism and an analogous DMT derivative starts getting produced? Or the effect is expressed somewhere else within the tapestry of the neurological mechanism, upstream or downstream of DMT's point of entry? After a prolonged period of heavy use, "something's gotta give"...

He doesn't like the sound of this speculation, he hopes that it is pure speculation and proves wrong. He doesn't want to think that he has messed up his wiring and will not be able to enjoy dmt anymore.

downwardsfromzero
ModeratorChemical expert
#22 Posted : 10/28/2023 11:21:13 PM
Kmk6891 wrote:
downwardsfrmzero wrote:
Purely speculative of me to suggest this, but maybe prolonged use of DMT leads to a switching of metabolism and an analogous DMT derivative starts getting produced? Or the effect is expressed somewhere else within the tapestry of the neurological mechanism, upstream or downstream of DMT's point of entry? After a prolonged period of heavy use, "something's gotta give"...

He doesn't like the sound of this speculation, he hopes that it is pure speculation and proves wrong. He doesn't want to think that he has messed up his wiring and will not be able to enjoy dmt anymore.

Human physiology is quite adaptive. It's likely that by removing a stimulus, changes will be reversed. The example I go by is from observing my partner as we've raised a family. Men don't typically go though anything like the processes that women do, so maybe the idea of physiological changes in males is all the more disturbing for them/us? (And I'm restricting myself to a binary gender paradigm here fo simplicity's sake, as well as ignoring things like bodybuilding. Heck, I still surprise my partner when my muscles double in size* after a day's physical labour.)

Age-related changes are a thing too - watch out! Laughing

*measured by volume Big grin

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Kmk6891
#23 Posted : 10/29/2023 5:31:18 AM
The old saying goes 'if I knew I was going to live this long I would've taken better care of myself' holds true for him. He wouldn't change anything about the life he's had thus far , but he sure is feeling it all the more as time keeps running laps around him at an ever increasing rate 'it seems'.

He unfortunately knows some of these age related changes, it happens to the best of us, rich folks suffer like the rest of us. Just keep flexing!

dragonrider
#24 Posted : 10/29/2023 9:57:45 AM
downwardsfromzero wrote:
Kmk6891 wrote:
downwardsfrmzero wrote:

Human physiology is quite adaptive. It's likely that by removing a stimulus, changes will be reversed. The example I go by is from observing my partner as we've raised a family. Men don't typically go though anything like the processes that women do, so maybe the idea of physiological changes in males is all the more disturbing for them/us? (And I'm restricting myself to a binary gender paradigm here fo simplicity's sake, as well as ignoring things like bodybuilding. Heck, I still surprise my partner when my muscles double in size* after a day's physical labour.)

Age-related changes are a thing too - watch out! Laughing

*measured by volume Big grin

It's weird: Some people report that their DMT experiences get weirder or deeper over time, while i've also seen posts here of people complaining that they've been "locked out" or "banned" from hyperspace.

So these seem to be two opposite responses to prolonged, daily intake of DMT.

So would it be correct to deduce from this that either people respond differently to daily exposure to DMT due to genetic factors, or the presence of trace amounts of beta carbolines not only prevents tolerance but also alters the experience over time and it all depends on the purity of your DMT?

I think that some beta carbolines actually could indeed decrease or even reverse tolerance when taken regularly btw.

Kmk6891
#25 Posted : 10/29/2023 5:53:29 PM
It definitely hasn't reversed tolerance for him . He has had times when he felt nothing at all from a heavy dose. It has only been these last two trips that were something totally different than the norm.

The purity and these "beta carbolines" on the other hand is more plausible to him. Hopefully this is the case and with fresh bark things get back to great.

This latest extraction was from the last 200g of mhrb out of half kilo acquired in 2019. Still it has always been pleasurable experiences until the last 2 trips . Weird indeed.

Not to mention it was almost the bottom of the can of naptha, but he did an EVAP test before the last pull and all was good so he doubts it has anything to do with it.

Kmk6891
#26 Posted : 11/2/2023 6:58:34 PM
Has anybody else noticed a difference in their end product or the ability to pull when using the last of the can of Naptha?

Kmk6891
#27 Posted : 11/8/2023 3:36:47 PM
He is still wondering if the bottom of the can of naptha could possibly have more or less of some ingredients that are messing up the end product. He acquired new mhrb and the first extraction came out of the freezer with white crystal all over then upon drying turned into clear goo. He tried it after 5hrs drying and the effects were the same as 1st post. Another thing is it didn't really have a smell at all. Anyone have any ideas?

Kmk6891
#28 Posted : 11/12/2023 7:03:56 PM
He doesn't know what is going on, second extraction on new root bark and trip was back to normal experience he likes so much. He wonders if maybe the C-H maybe came through and that's what he was smoking, or somehow solvent traces . Anyway glad it's back to normal.

downwardsfromzero
ModeratorChemical expert
#29 Posted : 11/12/2023 8:20:13 PM
Really pure DMT won't have much of a smell at all, so it sounds like we have a pretty well-honed extraction technique here.

If the trips have reverted back to 'normal' (lol) it must have been the planets Big grin Was mercury retrograde or something?

Have you given proper consideration to factors like diet, exercise and stress? Onemore possibility that occasionally gets touched upon is mild viral infections. Some viruses modulate neuroreceptors (e.g. increased sociability before onset of flu and colds) - but then again, it's a bit tricky to test this hypothesis w.r.t. DMT effects!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Kmk6891
#30 Posted : 11/13/2023 3:39:24 PM
Can different batches of mhrb contain more/less pure dmt? Friend is under the impression that dmt is dmt so how would one know purity?

downwardsfromzero
ModeratorChemical expert
#31 Posted : 11/13/2023 10:12:02 PM
The odour of DMT comes from traces of the decomposition products, indole and skatole. These smell sweet and floral at low concentrations and increasingly faecal as the concentration increases. With fresh bark, mild extraction conditions and good technique, these impurities can be minimised. Both colour and odour can be strongly affected by surprisingly tiny amounts of impurities. Ultrapure DMT is itself practically odourless.

The last part of a can of naphtha very possibly will have an increased proportion of less-volatile components from the mixture since the more volatile ones will already have had more opportunity to evaporate, even in a closed can. They evaporate into the headspace and escape when the can is opened. The remaining solvent, being enriched in heavier naphtha components, could conceivably extract a slightly different range of impurities compared to the results from using fresh naphtha.

Which naphtha was used for this second recent extraction that you mention?

Kmk6891
#32 Posted : 11/13/2023 11:30:08 PM
A new can of naptha was used. This is what got him wondering. The last of the old can was probably 4yrs old but still evapt d clean , but he was wondering if it was possible that some of the components had diminished or evaporated or something.

downwardsfromzero
ModeratorChemical expert
#33 Posted : 11/14/2023 1:39:08 PM
Yes, that seems likely. The less volatile - but still clean evaporating - components may have become more concentrated in the last portion of naphtha. Whether this amounts to a quantifiable difference in the results of the extraction, and how that in turn affects the subjective experience is a hypothesis that remains to be fully tested, however.

Getting into the nitty-gritty of DMT's physicochemical behavior has a tendency towards becoming somewhat alchemical and thus something of a tough exercise in critical thinking.

In summary, cleaner, lighter solvent seems to be more selective for a high purity product.

Kmk6891
#34 Posted : 11/14/2023 3:36:05 PM
Thank you again for all the information. Sounds like he has more studying to do!

PREV12