We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Anadenanthera seeds, yopo, extraction. Options

Freebase69
#1 Posted : 10/28/2023 12:59:12 PM
Admin delete.

Freebase69
#2 Posted : 10/28/2023 1:19:41 PM
Delete the thread please.

_Trip_
#3 Posted : 10/28/2023 1:37:13 PM
Can you get benzoic acid?
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

Freebase69
#4 Posted : 10/28/2023 1:52:15 PM
D

_Trip_
#5 Posted : 10/29/2023 2:21:57 AM
Check out our work with acetone and benzoic acid it appears to be selective (or relatively selective) for bufotenine benzoate.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

Freebase69
#6 Posted : 10/29/2023 9:46:50 AM
M

Twilight Person
#7 Posted : 10/29/2023 8:41:54 PM
Calcium hydroxide is also a little soluble in water according to Wikipedia.

So if you evaporated 800ml saturated with calcium hydroxide (which you will have, even after filtering off the solid ca(oh)2 powder it means this could be also mostly ca(oh)2. I think 1.7g from 10g sounds like a way too high yield with 17%.

To verify that this would be calcium bufotenate you could also do a freebase extraction, then transform to ca bufotenate and then compare properties to yours here maybe (although no idea which one, maybe solubility or melting point?)
~ O ~

Phenethylamine23
#8 Posted : 10/29/2023 9:32:51 PM
Twilight Person wrote:
Calcium hydroxide is also a little soluble in water according to Wikipedia.

So if you evaporated 800ml saturated with calcium hydroxide (which you will have, even after filtering off the solid ca(oh)2 powder it means this could be also mostly ca(oh)2. I think 1.7g from 10g sounds like a way too high yield with 17%.

To verify that this would be calcium bufotenate you could also do a freebase extraction, then transform to ca bufotenate and then compare properties to yours here maybe (although no idea which one, maybe solubility or melting point?)

Solubility of Calcium Hydroxide Ca(OH)2 in water: 1g/630 ml at 25*C, 1g/1300ml at 100*C.
Initial starting volume 1.5L. To find out solubility per ml. 1000mg ÷ 630ml = 1.587 mg/ml.
1.587 mg x 1.5 L = 2.380 grams of CA(OH)2
Considering evaporated the initial 1.5 L and got 3 grams of powder, 620mg of that could potentially be alkaloids, but then also lipid (fats and oil) contaminations.
Then the powder was dissolved in another 800 ml of water. 1.587 mg x 800 = 1.270 g of soluble Ca(OH). 2.380g - 1.270g = 1.1g. Appoximately that much was non soluble.
After evaporation was left with 1.7 grams of powder, so 1.270 of that could be Calcium, and 430 mg alkaloids, not including potential lipid contaminates.
So at best: (0.430g/10g)x100 = 4.3 % yield. Sounds about right.

But assuming you only added 300 ml of dissolved alkaline to begin with that would be 1.587mg/ml x 300ml = 0.476 grams of Ca(OH)2 in solution.

The next purification should be done with a solvent which dissolves the alkaloids but not the calcium hydroxide. Perhaps Acetone or Isopropyl Alcohol?

Twilight Person
#9 Posted : 10/30/2023 8:37:51 AM
I think the purpose of the tek should be getting directly ca bufotenate. And this will probably be insoluble in all solvents, ipa/aceton would just collect the fats probably.
~ O ~

Freebase69
#10 Posted : 10/30/2023 9:09:12 AM

Twilight Person
#11 Posted : 10/30/2023 2:04:46 PM
I see but not sure of it will apply 100% here. You extracting bufotenine as the water soluble salt from seeds. But this is Bufontenine(+) and some anion. That stuff should be indeed water soluble and also soluble in ipa/etoh. But before you evaporate it all down you transform into Bufotenate(-) and Ca2+. This is different than the initial molecule. And when you follow the scheme of whatever calcium ssalts on Wikipedia you can see that ca2+ has a really bad water solubility along with most of its ion combinations. I would guess compared to the kation Bufo+ in the seeds, the Calcium Bufo- anion might also have a bad Water solubility and then lastly at least solubility in ipa might be definetly bad, because i think there is no ca2+ in ipa or any other alcohol possible.

So with me message i was refering to this:

Quote:
The next purification should be done with a solvent which dissolves the alkaloids but not the calcium hydroxide. Perhaps Acetone or Isopropyl Alcohol

For the freebase it would be the way to go but i think the whole purpose here is to get to calcium bufotenate straight from extraction instead of freebase. But i think this tek of Trip looks easy for getting pure Bufotenine which could be also transformed to ca bufotenate afterwards with just the perfect amounts of ca(oh)2. It might be more steps but by the time of evaporating so much water i think the other tek has been done 2x. Also i think sources tell that bufo is not as heat tolerant like n,n-dmt so i would be afraid of destroy some during 10h 100°. Maybe more tolerant as n,n,h+-Amine form, but here the boiling is done with the unprotected freebase.
~ O ~

Freebase69
#12 Posted : 10/31/2023 11:18:32 AM
H

Brennendes Wasser
Chemical expert
#13 Posted : 10/31/2023 5:06:16 PM
So I am not sure what your actual goal is here now. Initially your goal was to create an extraction TEK that would go straight to Ca-Bufotenate as the final product by using a water-based extraction.

In general going new routes and using innovative approaches is great and can unravel many new things. Still a challenge that you might face here is that in general extractions with water will get a bigger mess of molecules from the initial plant matrix into your solution to work further with. Reason is in general the biochemistry of every living being is based on water-borne interactions, so naturally the majority of molecules is also water-soluble. Therefore in some certain cases, going with an organic solvent first will help to initially already cut out a big forest of other compounds as you can see with the CIELO tek. It skips a water cook totally and directly extracts into organic solvents, making it easily a 2-step process only.

Not sure about the Adadenanthera seeds, but it could be that going first with water here will make it more difficoult, but sure it's worth investigating.

On topic of the Ca-Bufotenate this remains a rather elusive compound to me, not that this thing would not exist chemically, but its beneficial effects on the initial Bufotenine experience are somehow questionable I think. I gave a link on your first thread, so here is that thing again:

Ca-Bufotenate

In short I created some Ca(Bufo)2 from PURE Bufotenine + Ca(OH)2, so what I got was chemically 100 % the corresponding compound, unlike other TEKs from Bluelight who throw stuff together and then assume they got it somewhere in the mix Razz
This stuff did NOT vaporize, which I would even assume without testing, so I really cannot verify any report that assumed to create it and then SMOKED it. There is no smoke coming from this compound, it just turns black. And how would it even vaporize being a salt formed with Ca2+? Bufotenine-Benzoate can vaporize, but the theory behind that is consistent in my eyes. Therefore Ca-Bufotenate to me remains more close to urban legends, like "Full-spectrum" and "Jungle Spice" is to me Big grin Big grin Still the idea of getting straight to Ca-Bufotenate is still something new and interesting, so there is no drawback in trying new things. But simply even if not smoked, I would assume it to transform from Bufo(-) to Bufo(+) anyways in your body, making you essentially just snort freebase Bufo again.

Quote:
I wonder if can use d-limonene to deffat?

I would even go with Toluene. It will defat even stronger and evaporate faster. It is probably the strongest solvent, that will NOT dissolve Bufo.

Quote:
I've seen some tecks Reb Baron seem most convenient. Basically start with regular yopo recipe and then pull with acetone and salt out with cirtic acid (which is a defat step), rebasify and pull again the acetone, optional ethyl acetate clean up.

So about this one: Again this will not create Ca-Bufotenate, which was the original goal. This is just extraction of Freebase Bufotenine. While it might work, this is just 1 out of many TEKs around the internet that will not give you crystals. Even if you will get a high purity, you will be left with an red oil. Ethyl Acetate was used by Jonathan Ott as a recrystallization step, but I tried it and it is bad. Solubility is very high and therefore not convenient, it will sometimes not even form crystals. The correct and perfect recrystallization solvent is boiling xylene.

But now if your goal is to just extract any form of Bufotenine, why not using a TEK that is 100 % proven to work? I made one some time ago and according to my knowledge it is the only one that will give you tan crystals at the end, pure Bufotenine.

You can read it here, but _Trip_ and Woolmer have probably made a pretty good improvement by cutting it down, while even producing the salt that can be vaporized much easier, Bufotenine Benzoate. Check it here, as _Trip_ has already mentioned further up.

Now if you follow these steps you might create your own Calcium Bufotenate and make your own trials if it is distinct or not from the original one.

PS:
Just as a general notice to everyone
Quote:
salt out with cirtic acid
salting out Tryptamines with citric acid from Acetone is not recommended, it will precipitate so voluminous, that it will incorporate HUGE amounts of Acetone. It will be a sticky goo and not crystals growing on the walls like from Fumaric Acid. You might collect it, but then must be decanted and placed somewhere to slowly evaporate all the Acetone, leaving behind still some oils within the sticky goo of Tryptamine*CitricAcid. With Mescaline it works like a charm, but here you can nicely see how a small difference between chemical groups can create that huge differences.

Freebase69
#14 Posted : 10/31/2023 11:46:51 PM
J

Freebase69
#15 Posted : 11/1/2023 2:18:04 AM
So

Freebase69
#16 Posted : 11/2/2023 8:33:36 AM
calcium hydroxide solution.

Freebase69
#17 Posted : 11/2/2023 11:07:22 PM
Jk

Freebase69
#18 Posted : 11/6/2023 10:52:44 AM
Admin delete please. This post is redundant.