We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dmt gone red Options

captdan
#1 Posted : 10/17/2023 7:28:10 PM
Hi I have just dug out on old batch and it’s turned into a red solid?
I did swap the container to a little plastic one. Did smoke a little but I’m feeling it’s a little off or me paranoid lol.

captdan
#2 Posted : 10/17/2023 7:31:26 PM
I’m thinking if it reacted with the plastic container being the finished product how pure was it?

Homo Trypens
Welcoming committeeSenior Member
#3 Posted : 10/17/2023 7:54:17 PM
If it did react with the plastic, i'd guess the most likely reason would be residual solvent.

It might have just oxidised or polymerised over time though.

Or something else i'm oblivious to and one of the more chemistry savvy nexians will mention soon Smile

navegandouniversos
#4 Posted : 10/20/2023 10:47:30 PM
I once had a similar situation with a small amount of crystal, from what I read here in the Nexus, it had oxidized, (dmt n-oxide), or that I think about... here in the nexus you can read how to recover your free base, using zinc powder!
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m..._N-Oxide_to_Freebase_DMT
hugs !!!

downwardsfromzero
ModeratorChemical expert
#5 Posted : 10/20/2023 11:52:48 PM
Plasticizer could leach out of the plastic and accelerate oxidation/polymerisation, I suppose.

navegandouniversos makes a great suggestion with the zinc treatment; a mini A/B would be a good way of cleaning up plasticizer-contaminated material anyhow, so if it's a significant stash that you have this process should prove worthwhile.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli