CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can strong a base destroy DMT? (likely a dump question) Options

Jules_supertramp
#1 Posted : 10/29/2021 1:35:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey there folks,

excuse me for maybe putting this in the wrong place but I'd like to learn a little chemistry if you may teach me. And yes I'm aware this might sound super dump:

swIm had almost no (not worth mentioning) DMT coming out of 100g MHRB extract. So he wondered if his little mistake with basing the MHRB acidic solution way to high (He cant really see the color difference on litmus from 10pH upwards cause he's a noob and his pH pen totally fucked around despite multiple attempts to calibrate). Could it be that the DMT could get destroyed in a NaOH aqueous solution with a PH of 14? Never had chemistry so maybe its all bullshit but they really like to take up protons as the OH rest is negative isn't it like hydrolysis than - or a solvolysis? NaOH destroys all sorts of things so I thought this might have happened.

The second possibility is that the extract swim obtained is literally a ethanol extract in which all the polar components of MHRB are collected but as DMT isn't ONE ...wait for it...its GONE. Crying or very sad

I appreciate much when you take the tome to enlighten me...I'm also happy to read into LinksThumbs up Smile Smile
...so forth and so on...

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Dirty T
#2 Posted : 10/29/2021 2:00:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It would help to have more information such as how much Lye, water and NPS was used. The type of NPS and hopefully you used distilled or otherwise purified water, the chemicals used to treat US tap water can definitely destroy DMT. Whatever the problem is I doubt it's NaoH. A 1500ml extraction would require 150g NaoH for a starting PH of 13 before adding the bark.

Jules_supertramp
#3 Posted : 10/29/2021 3:44:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dirty T wrote:
It would help to have more information such as how much Lye, water and NPS was used. The type of NPS and hopefully you used distilled or otherwise purified water, the chemicals used to treat US tap water can definitely destroy DMT. Whatever the problem is I doubt it's NaoH. A 1500ml extraction would require 150g NaoH for a starting PH of 13 before adding the bark.

Swim used c6-c7 Hydrocarbons as NPS. she had cooked the bark extract with a pH of 4 (she dosn't even know if it contains DMT) over night, washed it few times with NPS to clean out any fats and than she started basing the 800ml solution with a unkown amount of base as she uses a pH meter to determine the 12,5 pH aim usually. Maybe 800mls of water with maybe 5-10 teaspoons (way more than usual before she noticed the pH meter is malfunctioning) NaOH but who knows. There was almost nothing (maybe 25mg) after distilling left, even tho she could smell the spice.Confused

What a waste of time. maybe it was the product itself what is bad. High alkaloid content but nothing what she wants.Crying or very sad
Jules_supertramp attached the following image(s):
IMG_20211029_163135.jpg (72kb) downloaded 119 time(s).
...so forth and so on...

Dirty T
#4 Posted : 10/29/2021 5:20:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's an extract? Hmmm. Probably made for a salve, MHRB has excellent skin and scar healing properties. Seeing the country of origin there I think it is likely they already extracted the DMT before shipping and what you got is spent bark powder for skin care purposes IF it's MHRB at all, their quality control is bad and when the products are US bound there are basically no QA for things like this at all. I suggest doing a little research om where to find real powder on Google. Good luck!

Hailstorm
#5 Posted : 10/30/2021 9:57:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

This goes beyond the analytical capabilities I have access to, but perhaps someone may know: can't very high pH values, especially coupled with high temperatures, cause indole deprotonation (particularly at positions 1 and 2) and subsequent dimerisation?

Jules_supertramp
#6 Posted : 10/31/2021 9:29:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dirty T wrote:
It's an extract? Hmmm. Probably made for a salve, MHRB has excellent skin and scar healing properties. Seeing the country of origin there I think it is likely they already extracted the DMT before shipping and what you got is spent bark powder for skin care purposes IF it's MHRB at all, their quality control is bad and when the products are US bound there are basically no QA for things like this at all. I suggest doing a little research om where to find real powder on Google. Good luck!

To be honest I thought so already when I ordered. I have an excellent source but wanted to try different plants (like acacia) as well as I wanted to try an extract (sounded just to good to be true to have it concentrated and filtered already Cool ). Its definitely Mimosa totally smelled like it.
But maybe "spend bark" like you said...do you think they extracted it on purpose @Dirty T? for legality purposes?

THX Smile

...so forth and so on...

Dirty T
#7 Posted : 11/1/2021 10:43:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Or other purposes. Some Nations are very strange with their laws and the way businesses interact with US customers. I've heard stories of ungodly amounts of substances purchased for small amounts of money from other countries and not like a 'backdoor shady deal' way but like a legitimate customer because their treaties and laws don't stop them from doing so, ours does but can't stop them only us if that makes sense. Also remember it didn't come from China so it's had at least one other stop before it was made into "extract". Anyway you cut it, sounds like it was already extracted, unless it's a water extract like how they do Kratom which may result in a little residual DMT like you describe.

Jules_supertramp
#8 Posted : 11/5/2021 1:38:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dirty T wrote:
Or other purposes. Some Nations are very strange with their laws and the way businesses interact with US customers. I've heard stories of ungodly amounts of substances purchased for small amounts of money from other countries and not like a 'backdoor shady deal' way but like a legitimate customer because their treaties and laws don't stop them from doing so, ours does but can't stop them only us if that makes sense. Also remember it didn't come from China so it's had at least one other stop before it was made into "extract". Anyway you cut it, sounds like it was already extracted, unless it's a water extract like how they do Kratom which may result in a little residual DMT like you describe.

yes...its a water extract. wonder what they do with the rubbish Laughing
...so forth and so on...