FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Accounting for The Effectiveness of Caapi in Changa Options

chocobeastie
#1 Posted : 7/25/2015 1:49:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

From

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=19331

"Changa: A smoking blend containing Ayahuasca and other herbs"

"So the basic theory behind Changa, is that very small amounts of smoked harmine, even in the realm of 100 micrograms to 1mg, can effect as much as a 50% MAO-A inhibition and beyond. Furthermore, it is known that Caapi extract is is 100 to 1000 fold more potent than isolated harmine as an MAO-A inhibitor. (Schwarz et al. 2003)"

http://www.researchgate....relevant_to_parkinsonism

I just wanted to highlight this sentence.

That is why when you use say 300mg of Vine or Leaf in 1g of Changa, it can still have a potent effect, not something that many people understand. Many who still feel they must always boost the harmine content of changa in order for it to be effective.

Say if your vine is 1% harmine, that would be 3mg of harmine! Say there if there is 15 medium smoking experience in 1 gram, which means that 200mcg is in each smoke!

Even using 300mg of vine per gram of Changa, you can still get 30-40 minute experiences at times. Much of it also depends on the strength of your vine in the first place as well.

Although, some of the best vine I have ever used for changa, took 250 grams to activate a brew! So it was evidentially very weak, but also I found it a very strong spirit when you drank 250grams of it.

I suspect that much of this is all about spirit and strength and power of the life force, rather than mere chemicals, which perhaps accounts for that "Caapi extract is is 100 to 1000 fold more potent than isolated harmine as an MAO-A inhibitor"

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

chocobeastie
#2 Posted : 7/25/2015 2:46:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

And then say if your 300mg of Vine was 10X vine, you would then be smoking 2mg of Harmine for each smoke. It really isn't very much *either*, and then we coming back to this startling statement that caapi extract is 100 to 1000 times more potent than isolated harmine, evidentially 100mcg is enough to effect 50% MAO-A inhibition.