CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Should I Re-X Before Making Enhanced Leaf Options

ChemicalEnthusiast
#1 Posted : 6/19/2015 5:12:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

I just finished freeze precipitating and scraping up the DMT.

After removing the dish from the freezer and allowing all of the naphtha to evaporate (with the dish upside down overnight) I scraped up the goods.

When I scraped up the goods the white layer in the dish turned into an orange oily/waxy layer.

I decided to combine all the crystals and the wax into one thick waxy substance.

My question for you guys is: Should I re-x or do a mini a/b to obtain nice crystals before making the enhanced leaf or should I just dissolve the wax in acetone and go about making the enhanced leaf?

ChemicalEnthusiast attached the following image(s):
IMG_0304.JPG (600kb) downloaded 263 time(s).
IMG_0305.JPG (518kb) downloaded 259 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ChemicalEnthusiast
#2 Posted : 6/19/2015 5:15:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I performed a simple A/B extraction with a 3x defat of the acidic solution so I'm guessing that the oily substance is not fats but rather other alkaloids.

ChemicalEnthusiast
#3 Posted : 6/19/2015 5:42:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also, I usually don't do the defat step and instead I do a mini A/B. This always produces pure white crystals but the yield is usually lower. I decided to try to just defat instead of performing a mini A/B in hopes of a higher yield.

LSDvibes
#4 Posted : 6/19/2015 7:43:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Depending on how important yield is to you and whether you'd risk a lower yield for xtals, you could do the mini A/B or re-x on some of the goo and see if you like that result better? What did you extract from? I would imagine purification steps to be more important if you extracted from grass or leaf than root bark.

ChemicalEnthusiast
#5 Posted : 6/19/2015 9:09:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

LSDvibes wrote:
What did you extract from?

ACRB

I plan on making all of this into enhanced leaf so nice looking crystals doesn't mean anything but I still want a consistent product.

I usually make my enhanced leaf at about 35% DMT and I'm worried that if I use that same percentage that it wont be strong enough.

I think I'm just going to up the percent to 40-50% DMT to compensate for the other (potentially weaker) alkaloids.

I'll report back on my progress and results.

Thanks for the feedback

TGO
#6 Posted : 6/20/2015 1:29:51 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

The goo and the crystals will both be active and since they are already combined, I would just use your product as is and make your leaf. I typically make a 1:1 ratio of leaf to DMT/NMT goo that way dosages are easier to measure. The dosage is never quite accurate with acacia goo unless you know exactly how much NMT and other actives made it into your final product.

So a re-x probably isn't necessary but you could still do it if ya wanted!
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

ChemicalEnthusiast
#7 Posted : 7/14/2015 12:33:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I ended up making enhanced leaf out of the goo and it turned out well but definitely different subjectively from enhanced leaf made from pure white crystals.

With crystal, I make my enhanced leaf 40% DMT and it is absolutely perfect. I am able to control exactly how deep I go and the smoke is never harsh.

I decided to make enhanced leaf with 40% DMT/NMT goo and it was much less active. My guess is that it is about half as potent as enhanced leaf made with crystal. It is still very nice but it is hard to smoke enough to really break through.

I will next make a 60% DMT/NMT goo and see how much more potent that it. I will report back with results.

Also, the leaf made with the goo definitely has a different feel to it. I assume it is from the NMT. I have only smoked it 3 times now so it is hard for me to really accurately describe the differences but the more I explore, the more I will report.

MachineElf88
#8 Posted : 7/25/2015 5:03:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It will be harsher to smoke or vape without a re x. I used to not bother but now I always try to get it as clean as possible and then vape the enhanced leaf not smoke it. Easier on the ol' lungs.

DisEmboDied
#9 Posted : 7/28/2015 4:26:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So one can re-x goo? The same process as for xtals?
Meditate before you venture, take it seriously, use it as medicinal—it is good psychotherapy if needed. Realize that you, the Earth, others, and the Universe are all one and the same process. Then take that knowledge back to become, as you already are, one with nature. Eternity in every moment. Divinity in every particle. All is one organism.

ChemicalEnthusiast
#10 Posted : 7/29/2015 11:20:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DisEmboDied wrote:
So one can re-x goo? The same process as for xtals?

I came across a technique that works pretty well and you can still make changa out of the remaining goo.

1. Heat 30 ml naphtha to >120°F
2. Add naphtha to beaker with goo
3. Scrape the goo with a stir rod while swirling the naphtha for ~30s
- Not all of the goo will dissolve, this is good
4. Decant solution into new beaker and cover
5. Allow solution to sit overnight without agitating
- A layer of goo will have precipitated out with little or no crystals, this is good
6. Decant solution into recrystallization dish leaving goo behind
7. Place in refrigerator for ~12 hours
8. Place in freezer for ~24 hours
9. Collect crystals

- The amount of naphtha used in this tek is meant for every gram of expected crystals.