CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Changa with Datura Stramonium and other Nightshade Alkaloids Options

Observant
#1 Posted : 9/6/2009 2:36:40 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

Have you tried including lowdoses of Nightshades in your Changa Mix ?

I know it is listed in the Smokeys Changa Threas , but I dont think many have tried it up to now.
Am I right ?

Quote:
Brugmansia Flowers: Distinct other wordly character

Smoking 3 Datura Seeds is also very possible .
SWIM knows first hand that 3 orally taken Datura Seeds potentiate Mescaline Lowdoses.
Smoking Datura Seeds /Leaves Experience Overview : http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=11630

Does it potentiate the Spice ? SWIM says he wants to find out whether this ingredient could be worthwile or not .

http://almashriq.hiof.no/lebanon/900/910/919/joun/Datura-FAQ.txt wrote:
Datura or Brugmansia is also known as an admixture to other shamanic
preparations. It has been said by some that the tropane alkaloids in the
daturas are potentiated by harmala alkaloids such as those found in
Banisteriopsis caapi. In the Peruvian Amazon Brugmansia is often added to a
brew of B. caapi to produce a tropane-ayahuasca. Similarly in the Peruvian
Andes shamans sometimes add Brugmansia to San Pedro cactus (Trichocerus sp.)
preparations known as cimora beverages. In India D. metel seeds are added to
the Cannabis bhang drink or smoked with Cannabis for added intoxication and
to simulate the union of Shiva, the male (Datura) principle, and Shakti, the
female (Cannabis) principle. In Tanganyika seeds are added to beer. It is
not recommended that any of these potentiating mixtures be undertaken
without the blessings of a well-adjusted shaman, and even then with
trepidation.

From an Online Book on Herbal Smoking Mixtures
Quote:

Jimson Weed Seeds, Datura sp.

One good reason to smoke an herb as a preferred method of ingestion is regulation of dosage. You can smoke an herb that is very strong and regulate the dosage safety. The difference between medicine and poison is dosage. Many plants are too strong to take internally safely. If you take a tea, it may take half an hour or more before you can tell how strong of a dosage you took. At that point it is too late to take less. When you smoke an herb the effects or side effects become apparent quickly. If the herb doesn't agree with you, you can stop before overdosing.
Jimson weed is definitely a strong hallucinogen, poison, medicine any way you look at it. The dosage is all important. I do not recommend internal use of Datura without the guidance of a shaman. The use of Datura for a high by pimply adolescents looking for some fireworks is deplorable. Too many of them end up as newspaper reports. I personally know of people who have landed in the hospital for extended stays because of this plant.

Used in the proper dosages, Datura can be a very effective treatment for a variety of problems. Smoke the crushed seeds only. The seeds are the mildest part of the plant. Just a few puffs will anesthetize your throat and lungs. This could be very helpful with some lung problems. You will not feel psychological effects from this small a dosage. I have used this method of taking this herb and will guarantee that you will not get high from two puffs. This plant does not agree with some people. If you feel light headed or nauseous, then stop smoking it. No harm will be done.

In some oversea countries, you may find that the cigarettes still contain Datura leaf. Datura has been used as smoking mixtures in a variety of cultures. Generally this is for their hallucinogenic effect.
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Observant
#2 Posted : 9/6/2009 6:33:26 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

How to make Datura Infused Cigarettes , found here :
If you try this , be very careful and report about it afterwards.

Quote:
For all of you experimental drug type people out there, here's something you might want to try.

Go walkabout in your local wilderness sometime and find a datura plant. The type that grows most abundantly where I live is datura inoxia. Check out erowid for specifics on what the various species look like.

In any event collect about 3-4 leaves (remembering to thank the plant, if this doesn't make sense to you then you've probably never been "talked" to by plants. If not take some magic mushrooms and go walking in nature, or take up shamanism)

So now that you've got your 3-4 leaves go buy some isopropyl alcohol. Put the leaves in the alcohol,how much? Use an old 750 ml glass container filled up to the point where the bottle tapers. Leave the leaves in the alcohol for about 3 days or so, keeping in mind that the longer they sit, the more the alcohol will extract. Once a day open the bottle and smash the leaves up a little bit with a blunt stick. After the 3 day period or so take the leaves out and throw them away. It's gonna smell a lot like plant matter and you might find it somewhat unpleasant smelling. I personally suggest going out and purchasing some extract of cinnamon, clove, peppermint, whatever particular taste you prefer. Extracts can be bought from most health food stores, but one should stay away from extracts not related to food, unless you really like lavender or patchouli...

Here comes the tricky part. After you've finished making the above recipe, your going to need to put it on your smoke. I'd suggest a smaller bottle into which you can transfer some of the liquid, and preferably reach into with little difficulty, one of those black film containers that camera film comes in would be ideal. Doesn't really matter what, just as long as it's easier than tilting the jar you made it in to a level that the liquid is almost pouring out but not quite, then trying to roll your cigarette just inside the lip of the bottle...

As I was saying, dip your cigarette into the liquid, and I do mean dip, you really don't want to get the cigarette too wet. Once you've dipped the cigarette set it aside to dry, BE CAREFUL NOT TO BREAK IT, wet cigarettes break very easily*. Once it's dried light it and enjoy your smoke.

Some peoples body chemistry results in no effects whatsoever, but for the rest of us this is what happens. approximately midway through the cigarette (maybe sooner depending on the strength of the batch) you'll notice yourself feeling kind of light headed and a bit drunk, your balance will be affected! DON'T DRIVE AND SMOKE! After a while (4-6 minutes depending on the strength of your mixture) this feeling will fade and you will be left feeling euphoric and happy, you may have a slight case of the giggles as well. The induced happiness will fade but since it puts one in a happy mood one tends to stay happy for awhile afterwards and not notice the loss of outside chemical induced joy.

Known side affects: you may feel a little upset stomach but other than that nothing else is known of, course there isn't really any scientific research on this, so who knows what's really going on in your body. The other side effect is that after smoking a few of these you may experience the effects even if your smoking a normal cigarette. That may be due to latent chemicals in your body reacting to the tobacco smoke, or it could just be a placebo effect. You might not experience either of these side effects, but they are the ones known to occur. Also it wouldn't be advisable to smoke your dipped cigarettes one after another (chain smoking) that will definitely make you queasy.

Otherwise, enjoy your legal high. But don't go around pushing it in lots of peoples faces or making a big scene about it to the cops, as that can only bring the laws attention to this and we all know what happens when they catch wind of something like this. Besides you can still be busted for public intoxication.

*A quick note on cigarette types, pre rolled cigarettes are super dry and will soak up far more than a hand rolled cigarette as rolling tobacco is usually a bit more moist to facilitate the rolling process.

Update: When smoking these, exhale the smoke through your nose, this seems to be the best way to achieve maximum effect.

From Shroomery :
Aneglakya wrote:
you know, i've never tried henbane seeds but there is mad history of them being smoked.

One time I got this cigarette in with a shipment of tobacco. It was tobaccum wrapped in a corn husk and there were little seeds in there that looked like fennel..

Seee.. how much contradictory information there is? Do the flowers contain a lot or a little or none? I always considered them relatively safe to smoke in comparison with seeds/leaves.. but i've been workign with this shit for ages. I use to smoke stramonium leaf cigarettes when i was out in the fields harvesting seed pods and such. I have never had a characteristic datura trip but i've had a very close relationship with this deadly plant. I talk very lightly about ingesting this plant and I probably shouldn't so please be very carefull and DO NOT consider anything as condoning its use.

A mixture of toloache flowers and rustica makes a very sacred smoke . nice to get yourself in the right state of mind prior to a voyage or when one needs guidance/meditation.

The people I have worked with , with the datura metel flowers, usually find them to be very spiritual but far from atypical tropanic intoxication. When I use it , which is VERY SELDOM, i only use a small piece about 1/4'' X 1/4'' and take only one hit filling my lungs up completely.. never taking a second hit. I sit back in a dark room in a comfortable chair with a few candles and rest my head as I travel the stars and distant galaxies. Those who are abusers of "hard" street drugs usually dont get much from the flowers , i'm not sure why but possibly the expectations may be too high or they may just not be in tune with this particular allie.

once again, this isn't a plant to be taken lightly. Just because you don't get stoned from smoking some doesn't mean you should double the dose and try again. She's very picky and if she senses some disrespect she'll kick your fucking ass.
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

Observant
#3 Posted : 9/7/2009 11:35:22 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

Another Option - if you would like to experiment a with measured doses of Scopolamine , you could try this :

Heating the tabs or tab extracts to 250°C for some time appearantly causes the breakdown of Hyoscine Butylbromide to Scopolamine. Hyoscine Butylbromide can be smoked in a cigarette and will be converted to Scopolamine during the smoking process.

Quote:
AIM: Hyoscine butylbromide, also known as N-butyl-S-(—)-scopolammonium bromide, commercialized in Europe under the brand name “BUSCOPAN®”, is commonly used in medicine as an antispasmodic agent. Recently, our laboratory received a report about a prison inmate claiming to smoke crushed BUSCOPAN® tablets in cigarettes and experiencing agitation, hallucinations and aggressive behavior. The aim of this study was to elucidate if thermal degradation of hyoscine butylbromide by smoking spiked cigarettes generates hyoscine and if so, by which reaction mechanism the formation of hyoscine occurs.

Quote:

Anti-asthmatic cigarettes containing Datura alkaloids have been around for years, but are nowadays withdrawn from market (7). These cigarettes contained 60 to 200 mg of Datura stramonium leaves per cigarette. Hyoscine content in solanaceae has been reported to be 0.015 to 0.050 mg/mg dry weight in Datura stramonium leaves (Cool. Barguil et al. found 0.6 to 11.0 mg of hyoscine/mg dry weight in Brugmansia suavoelens leaves (9).

Quote:
CONCLUSIONS: In this study, we report the formation of hyoscine while smoking cigarettes spiked with hyoscine butylbromide. From preliminary experiments a temperature of 200°C was determined to be the optimal temperature for formation of hyoscine from hyoscine butylbromide. Hyoscine is probably formed in the so-called pyrolysis zone in cigarettes (temperature: 200-250°C). The amount of hyoscine formed in a burning cigarette spiked with 10 mg of hyoscine butylbromide is higher than the amount of hyoscine formerly used for therapeutic use by inhalation. Reports of persons claiming to smoke BUSCOPAN® should therefore be taken seriously and precautious prescription of BUSCOPAN® tablets to prison inmates is recommended to avoid tampering.

www.icadts2007.org/print...hyoscinebutylbromide.pdf

I think thats quite interesting .

Observant
#4 Posted : 9/25/2009 9:47:21 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

There is also pharmaceutical 1% Atropine Solution available - this product makes it easy to control the dose of the Tropanes .
Simply evaporate down on a wisely measured amount of Smoking Mixture .

Fable
#5 Posted : 9/25/2009 10:53:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I made a changa mix with 10% brug flower. Probably not the best I have made (not the fault of the brug) but I was left with a bit of a headache and nightmares of demons, I also felt like there was a dodgy entity following me in my house which left me a bit creeped out.
Some other thread on a different forum mentioned consuming brug/datura could start to cause irreparable mental function so I never used it again.
I tried someone elses mix on the tail end of a mushroom journey and was shown a 3 ring circus with alien mantids (also 10% brug). The brug seemed to lengthen the journey and soften the jagged edges and brings a feeling all its own.
I am a leaf on the the wind, watch how I soar!

redeyesmj
#6 Posted : 10/15/2009 12:39:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The last aya i drank had Brugmansia and it was wonderfull. It had its own feel to it, i could notice the differnce even though it had been awile since my last ceremoney. I felt so much joy on the comedown it was great and not just the maio or afterglow.

Infundibulum
#7 Posted : 10/15/2009 2:17:00 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

SWIM has tried smoking spice with leaves from brugmansia, atropa belladonna, datura stramonium and datura inoxia, they are all nice and they make the smoke really really smooth.

He did not notice any "differences" though. A spice journey is a spice journey and it is always different. It's hard for SWIM to understand what the "norm" is.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Dorge
#8 Posted : 10/15/2009 4:25:33 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

Infundibulum wrote:
SWIM has tried smoking spice with leaves from brugmansia, atropa belladonna, datura stramonium and datura inoxia, they are all nice and they make the smoke really really smooth.

He did not notice any "differences" though. A spice journey is a spice journey and it is always different. It's hard for SWIM to understand what the "norm" is.

was that with caapi leaf at all? swim thinks that makes a difference...
a sort of synergy unto its own...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

soulfood
#9 Posted : 10/15/2009 4:35:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Caapi leaf makes a very noticeable difference for me. It changes the colours and everything. It certainly holds my attention for longer aswell.

When I get the chance I'm going to make some concerntrated harmala changa using no solvents so everything is 100% fresh Smile

Looking much forward to it, whenever it may be.

Madcap
#10 Posted : 10/15/2009 4:59:20 AM

illudium Q-36

Would the effects of smoking Datura differ greatly from chewing and swallowing seeds? I have vap'ed spice after eater 3-4 datura seeds and it did not seem to change the effects at all.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

soulfood
#11 Posted : 10/15/2009 5:01:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I imagine smoking them makes the effects more instant so its less hit or miss.