CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
DMT distillation log Options

1ce
#1 Posted : 11/16/2014 12:19:18 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

Has anybody tries this? What were their results?

Update: heavy reflux at 3-way. Here we go! Very happy

Okay. Distilles about half. There was a ton of vapors I saw present for the first bit of the distillation. Now that's probably just naptha. But it could be DMT vapor.

I did a sublimation test of DMT earlier with a crystalizing dish and unstead of sublimating it merely turned into a liquid and ran down the dish where it vaporized again.

So I'm thinking it is possible dmt vapor could be pushes down the line by the just under boiling naptha.

If all this is true, then *hopefully* it collected in the ice bath rather than up and out of the vac line
1ce attached the following image(s):
20141115_151554.jpg (2,041kb) downloaded 572 time(s).
20141115_144025.jpg (2,006kb) downloaded 553 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

1ce
#2 Posted : 11/16/2014 1:16:25 AM

Now to the precip test. =]
1ce attached the following image(s):
20141115_161502.jpg (1,664kb) downloaded 546 time(s).

1ce
#3 Posted : 11/16/2014 8:53:40 PM

Well after an all night precip I found some very small crystals. And very few of them. The major fallback on this experiment is that the ammount of DMT in the naptha was unknown.

I have some yellow spice that was pretty harsh to smoalk sitting around. And with 2.6g of clear shards I dunno when I'll ever get to it xD

So today I will try a controlled experiment. I will dissolve exactlty 100mg
Into a small amount of naptha and distill that. With any luck I'll have some spice to vape. With such a tiny amount coming over with no idea what I started with I can't calculate yield or test for activity. But I am left assuming that it it at least possible.

I didn't see any vapor except what was coming out of the condenser with liquid naptha. So I will leave a small ammount of naptha in the boiling flask and precip both. Just to see if any DMT is left behind in boiling flask.

Edit: If this doesn't work I will try the same experiment with heptane. It has a lower and more controlable distillation temperature.

expandaneum
#4 Posted : 11/17/2014 6:41:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

what are you trying to accomplish ?

normally you would go for short-path distillation no solvent added. Just purge the system with argon and then vacuum distil.
Disclaimer:
All Expandeum's notes, messages, postings, ideas, suggestions, concepts or other material submitted via this forum and or website are completely fictional and are not in any way based on real live experience.

a1pha
#5 Posted : 11/17/2014 6:50:37 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

I sure hope you have a legitimate use for all that chemistry gear.

One reason many here prefer kitchen chemist solutions is because the evidence is easy to dispose / arrange in such a way as to not call attention to our activities. From your previous posts it does not seem as though you are a professional chemist and therefore you have no reason to be in possession of all that gear. Even worse, posting pictures in a public forum (tho you seem to want to help with teks your posts scream of a digital show-and-tell).

To me you are playing with fire, unwisely, and I sure hope your story isn't another, "They arrested me with all this evidence and I can't figure out why!"
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

1ce
#6 Posted : 11/17/2014 9:10:40 PM

expandaneum wrote:
what are you trying to accomplish ?

normally you would go for short-path distillation no solvent added. Just purge the system with argon and then vacuum distil.

It was left over solvent from precipitations, Also note that there is a line coming out of the vacuum adapter?

Wtf is up with this community? Seriously. I try to do anything to give back and I have half the forum up my ass about it being unworthwhile. I couldn't find a SINGLE thread on this forum of 1 person saying they tried this and it did or did not work. Am I mistaken?

If you don't have anything constructive to contribute then why are you here? If you want to complain send me a PM so I can at least ignore it.

As for my equipment, mind your own damn business.
Mad

expandaneum
#7 Posted : 11/17/2014 10:36:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

im realy sorry that i have offended you, im not trying to make you feel unwanted.

The question is really out of interest, what is the idea behind your experiment.

Quote:
Also note that there is a line coming out of the vacuum adapter?

I know but this is not how you distil high boiling products like freebase dmt, even if you had a distilling receiver to separate the different products.

Finally this feedback is not to bash you, it's an effort from me to hopefully inspire you to learn more and expand your knowledge.

take care
Disclaimer:
All Expandeum's notes, messages, postings, ideas, suggestions, concepts or other material submitted via this forum and or website are completely fictional and are not in any way based on real live experience.

a1pha
#8 Posted : 11/17/2014 11:19:29 PM

1ce wrote:
If you don't have anything constructive to contribute then why are you here? If you want to complain send me a PM so I can at least ignore it.

Mad

Well, you are the one flaunting it, aren't you?

With this is see a hot-headed person who is not here to provide a valuable exchange of ideas but would rather attack than communicate. One of the main purposes of this forum is harm reduction and this includes reducing the harm caused by folks being flashy with their equipment.

My comment was directed more towards the general community in that you need to be smart about the extraction process. Sometimes a slight reduction in yield using kitchen items is superior to having unauthorized equipment resulting in jail time. If you post evidence of that equipment on a public forum you had better be directly involved with the professional chemistry community or face possible legal troubles.

To me this is harm reduction. Not everything is about you, though you seem stuck in this mindset.

1ce
#9 Posted : 11/17/2014 11:24:38 PM

expandaneum wrote:
im realy sorry that i have offended you, im not trying to make you feel unwanted.

The question is really out of interest, what is the idea behind your experiment.

Quote:
Also note that there is a line coming out of the vacuum adapter?

I know but this is not how you distil high boiling products like freebase dmt, even if you had a distilling receiver to separate the different products.

Finally this feedback is not to bash you, it's an effort from me to hopefully inspire you to learn more and expand your knowledge.

take care

Which is why I have chemistry equipment in the firdt place. To study learn and practice. DMT has a low boiling point while my solvent has a higher boiling point. (above 150f, vac distillation territory). My hotplate isn't the best so the vacuum really helps. Normally I'd do a short-range distillation or vacuum evaporation. However one of my adapters is broken and I don't have a stopper to fit my filter flask so I'm a little limited until I can get it replaced Mad

I apologize for getting defensive. I try my best to research a little and give information back to the nexus. (If I fail I could always try again) but it seems like I've been antagonized the whole way though for what cause?

I'm not doing it for my own gain @_@ I could care less if DMT coukd survive a distillation, But it would be neat for sure. If I could figure something out maybe I'll experiment with home chemist equipment.

Acetone looks promising but it's miscibility with water has me at a crossroads so those experiments are on the back burner for the time being.

1ce
#10 Posted : 11/18/2014 2:00:44 AM

Okay. So with using a known amount of spice to retry this experiment I was able to collect some precipitation by freezing my distilate.

I will test them for activity this evening Very happy

1ce
#11 Posted : 11/18/2014 2:12:31 AM

a1pha wrote:
1ce wrote:

Mad

Well, you are the one flaunting it, aren't you?

With this is see a hot-headed person who is not here to provide a valuable exchange of ideas but would rather attack than communicate. One of the main purposes of this forum is harm reduction and this includes reducing the harm caused by folks being flashy with their equipment.

My comment was directed more towards the general community in that you need to be smart about the extraction process. Sometimes a slight reduction in yield using kitchen items is superior to having unauthorized equipment resulting in jail time. If you post evidence of that equipment on a public forum you had better be directly involved with the professional chemistry community or face possible legal troubles.

To me this is harm reduction. Not everything is about you, though you seem stuck in this mindset.

I don't know about where you live but where I live there is nothing illegal about owning chemistry equipment. Secondly I can provide legitimate uses for all my reagents and glassware.

I've been hot headed because I've felt under attack for merely trying to collect information. I apriciate you looking out for others; but don't you believe that coming off condescending is counter productive and most likely to result in an adverse reaction?

a1pha
#12 Posted : 11/18/2014 4:19:35 AM

1ce wrote:
I've been hot headed because I've felt under attack for merely trying to collect information. I apriciate you looking out for others; but don't you believe that coming off condescending is counter productive and most likely to result in an adverse reaction?

1ce,

This response shows to me a good attitude and I am glad to see it. Don't take push-back from the community as a negativism. You are well ahead of others and sometimes coming in strong requires a strong response. I too have seen you make bold statements and on the DMT-Nexus and it is good to qualify those statements when unproven. Similarly, providing documentation for certain things is good practice (and required here).

Keep at it and take the criticism as constructive, not condescending. I see you have good intentions with your posts and once you learn the ways of the forum I feel they can provide benefit to others. Thinking on past teks we are lacking in publicly available methods using more professional equipment.

:-)

1ce
#13 Posted : 11/18/2014 5:01:46 AM

Haha yeah. I have the equipment so I use it. I have alot of ideas.. If I can create anything new, useful, and safe for others to use I'll eagerly figure something out for kitchen chemistry. Or at least post a journal here so we could colaborate on something if others take an interest.

downwardsfromzero
#14 Posted : 1/3/2015 2:14:01 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

As chance would have it, I ran into my former neighbour's cousin's friend (see my other posts) over the festive season. He told me about a time when he tried distilling heavy naphtha in order to free it from a yellow coloration which he believed may have been connected to DMT. Apparently it distilled unchanged. I don't recall what he did with it after that. Or whether he even said. We were both rather inebriated. Sort of scrapes the bottom of the anecdotal barrel, almost. But the principles make sense.

Any advances?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

1ce
#15 Posted : 1/3/2015 4:14:11 AM

The naptha distilled very cleanly without contamination. Unfortunately while running this test no DMT carried over to the collection flask. It would be better to try this again using a known amount of DMT to begin with. Initially the goal was to determine if DMT survived the process as every thread I could find on the subject ended with 'I dunno'.

I never advanced the project.

Rabbit
#16 Posted : 1/3/2015 8:17:21 AM

Hopping through time and space

I've heard that DMT will distill under a significant amount of pressure. Otto Snow actually has a bit in one of his books about doing this with N,N,N-trimethyltryptammonium salts which with destructive distillation will yield in the receiving flask, some DMT.

Note that I say "some". I imagine it's highly impure with bunches of decomposition products. Those would include DMT-n-oxide, various indoles, aniline, etc. Utilizing both pressure and temperature would likely reduce some of these side-products.

I imagine it would be a very smelly operation!!

1ce
#17 Posted : 1/3/2015 9:57:22 AM

Spiritofspice wrote:
You could try this.

Get bark moisten with water add some caustic add some glycerol (solution to ph 13)reflux this at boiling point.
Set up for distillation and bring over the DMT freebase in theory I think this would work.
I think glycerol would be quite effective in pulling out the dmt.

possibly, I already do the boiling phase under reflux, I'd want to add the NaOH at a cold temperature for sure. Another problem is it's high boiling point of 290C.

This results in the following:

A dangerously hot alkaline solution, fortunately the distillation keeps things in check as the rising vapors leach their energy from the heat of the boiling liquid keeping it at boiling point. The glycerol will decompose before it boils, and so will your spice. And freebase dmt/glycerol plugging up and sitting in the condenser isn't helpful, and a potential danger.

Ideally, I wanted to know if I could distill napthalene and have the freebase DMT carry over with it. Then at worst I'd only need to evaporate a little bit down to have very pure spice. If you distilled over from raw bark you'd have a massive array of distillates you'd need to extract from, and assuming the DMT wasn't annihalated from the heat energy then all you've accomplished is inventing a very complicated process of filtering the solids from the liquids..

It never hurts to ask, I apriciate inquiring minds Thumbs up

1ce
#18 Posted : 1/3/2015 3:50:11 PM

From experiencing tryingnto get it to sublimate the dmt would cool too quickly, let's not forget its polymorph which boils much lower. It would reflux itself in the column, past the column it would resinate in the condenser.

You need to distill it with a solvent to eluate it through and through.

Methyl benzene should have a high enough boiling point.

benzyme
#19 Posted : 1/3/2015 4:24:51 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

I have an idea...try changing the setup.

select a high boiling solvent, and use a reflux app, with something like a friedrich to condense (and optionally, an aux. condenser connected to the friedrich outlet). I used this setup for the decarboxylation of tryptophan with nothing more than mineral oil, tryptamine had sublimated on the friedrich, and it was identified with IT-MS.

the friedrich acts like a coldfinger.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

1ce
#20 Posted : 1/3/2015 10:03:57 PM

benzyme wrote:
I have an idea...try changing the setup.

select a high boiling solvent, and use a reflux app, with something like a friedrich to condense (and optionally, an aux. condenser connected to the friedrich outlet). I used this setup for the decarboxylation of tryptophan with nothing more than mineral oil, tryptamine had sublimated on the friedrich, and it was identified with IT-MS.

the friedrich acts like a coldfinger.

That may work, if the friedrich should provide enough surface area to allow the tryptamine to solidify a bit further. I had the worst luck testing it for sublimation in the sense it would turn from a vapor and into a hot oil and run down the sides.

Giving more surface area for cooling and perhaps more immediate cooling will change the outcome dramatically. I have a CO2 tank on hand and a dry ice maker on the way (finally). Perhaps if I give it an everything or nothing shot I'll have some better data to work with.

12NEXT