CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT Nexus Security Expiration? Options

Nathanial.Dread
#1 Posted : 7/6/2013 3:09:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So, now whenever I try to log onto the Nexus using Firefox, I get an error message that says "This Connection Is Untrusted." If I click "Technical Details," I get the following message:

Quote:
www.dmt-nexus.me uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate expired on 7/5/13 7:59 PM. The current time is 7/5/13 10:02 PM.

(Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

If I try and click "Add Exception," a window opens up that says

Quote:
Certificate Status

This sight provides valid, verified identification. There is no need to add an exception.

If I try and click "Get Certificate" I get no response of any sort. I cannot click "Confirm Security Exception."

What do I do? I'm not a computer-savy individual.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Parshvik Chintan
#2 Posted : 7/6/2013 3:39:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i got a similar message, it let me continue onto the nexus when i hit "allow anyway" but now the https is crossed out and there is a red x next to the lock.

did i break it?
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

The Day Tripper
#3 Posted : 7/6/2013 4:21:52 AM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
I added an exception in firefox, and my browser doesn't show ssl/https is broken.

I did have to add an exception though.... Wut?
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

a1pha
#4 Posted : 7/6/2013 5:55:23 AM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
What do I do? I'm not a computer-savy individual.

Wait until tomorrow when The Traveler sees this thread.

The cert looks fine and has simply expired.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

Elpo
#5 Posted : 7/6/2013 7:34:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had the same massage, but somehow managed to add it to my exceptions. Maybe updating to the latest firefox version might help...
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

Macre
#6 Posted : 7/6/2013 9:55:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Like a1pha said, the certificate has expired that's all. For security purposes, browsers have to treat an expired cert like no cert. At the end of the day, it's your choice which site you visit, your browser is just warning you be default. Put simply, the cert is there for you, to ensure you are connecting to where you intend to be connecting.

You'll be able to change the setting on your browser, just have a quick Google specific to your browser. Sometimes, trying to explain certificates to clients is like pulling hen's teeth, it's hard for them to justify anything IT related if they can't see an instant and amazing benefit. Luckily Trav is an IT genius, so we don't have that problem.

Peace

Macre
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

endlessness
#7 Posted : 7/6/2013 2:39:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You have to clear your history/cookies/etc for the 'confirm security exception' to appear.

Im sure trav will fix this as soon as he has some time.

The Traveler
#8 Posted : 7/6/2013 2:45:02 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

I'm currently working on it.

It's indeed just an expiration of the certificate. I hope to add a new certificate soon that is valid for 5 years.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

The Traveler
#9 Posted : 7/6/2013 3:39:20 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

The certificate has been renewed for another 5 years.

You might have to restart your browser to make sure it works ok now.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Nathanial.Dread
#10 Posted : 7/6/2013 5:57:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Trav, you're awesome.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."