CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Instant ayahuasca little lightening bolt TEK Options

nodice
#21 Posted : 9/14/2010 6:53:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wouldn't Evaporating the tincture in an oven be dangerous? I would be worried about the pilot light would ignite the fumes.
have you ever taken that ferry from San Francisco to Berkeley and looked back and seen that while in Berkeley, San Francisco doesn't exist?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Trickster
#22 Posted : 9/14/2010 9:50:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

nodice wrote:
wouldn't Evaporating the tincture in an oven be dangerous? I would be worried about the pilot light would ignite the fumes.

Should be OK if the oven is electric. But even in a gas oven it may be safe because running fan would not allow an explosive concentration of alcohol fumes to be created. Below a certain minimal concentration alcohol fumes would not ignite. It is important that the oven is open.

I prefer to evaporate alcohol tinctures under a hair dryer on low close to an open window.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

Enoon
#23 Posted : 9/16/2010 10:22:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Has anyone tried this with IPA and does it work?
Also if I were to do this with rue instead of caapi, how much rue would I use? 3-5g sound alright, or would I need more for one serving?

thanks for the info in any case, this seems like a nice tek.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

rOm
#24 Posted : 9/16/2010 12:31:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

We did IPA caapi extract for changa and it work fine. There is no reason it wouldn't work for this Instant aya.
I will try it too with red caapi.
Just tried this tek once but took the yellow caapi extract in the middle of other harmalas salts. I was feeling very good from them all (three different kind of extract from caapi and rue).
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Trickster
#25 Posted : 9/16/2010 12:55:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Enoon wrote:
Has anyone tried this with IPA and does it work?

Swim has got substantial experience extracting mhrb and kava-kava with IPA, but not caapi. If it works with ethanol there is no reason to think it would not with IPA. The only obvious difference seems to be that you would need to evaporate IPA completely whereas with ethanol you may leave small amount of it in your extraction.

Enoon wrote:
Also if I were to do this with rue instead of caapi, how much rue would I use? 3-5g sound alright, or would I need more for one serving?

Yes. That's about right. The exact amount varies from person to person. Even for the same person it varies substantially, depending on many factors.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

Enoon
#26 Posted : 1/10/2011 6:53:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Alright, I just did a 4 week soak of 105g of blended Caapi in methylated ethanol.
In order to see what the alkaloid content of this extract is and how efficient compared to other extraction teks it is I decided to purify the red resin and pull the actual alks out. 105g caapi yielded 5.3g red resin. After acidifying, filtering and basing my final yield was 680mg.

This means the yield of the Ethanol extraction was 0.65% -
This is about half of what this vine has normally yielded via gibran2's tek (~ 1.2%)

Lucky I kept the vine. Looks like I'll be extracting the rest of it now the old fashion way.

Hope this info helps anyone wanting to know what alkaloid content the resin has in the end.
Cheers

Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

MelCat
#27 Posted : 1/10/2011 8:13:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for trying that out Enoon. Definitely some handy info to have.

I've still got some caapi soaking in some methyl alcohol so I'll be sure to do a gibran tek on it before it becomes compost.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Dorge
#28 Posted : 2/19/2011 11:28:30 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

Enoon wrote:
Alright, I just did a 4 week soak of 105g of blended Caapi in methylated ethanol.

This means the yield of the Ethanol extraction was 0.65% -
This is about half of what this vine has normally yielded via gibran2's tek (~ 1.2%)

Wouldn't that mean that it's the yeild of a methylated ethanol extraction and not a ethanol extraction?
My Original extraction was done with 99.9% ethanol.
Could there be any possability of difference in results from methylated ethanol VS 99.9% ethanol?
Also curious if there would be any difference between vine and leaf in extracting this way.... Thanks for doing the home work!
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

FiorSirtheoir
#29 Posted : 2/23/2011 2:04:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How about acidifying the ethanol to increase yield? And continually agitating the mixture
The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.

Dorge
#30 Posted : 2/23/2011 2:46:31 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

The addition of citric acid I think would be benificial either way.
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

narmz
#31 Posted : 2/23/2011 5:11:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm curious to know how the salt forms of dmt present in the bark are soluble in alcohol, most salt forms are insoluble in alcohol - strange that this works
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

FiorSirtheoir
#32 Posted : 2/23/2011 5:45:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

narmz wrote:
I'm curious to know how the salt forms of dmt present in the bark are soluble in alcohol, most salt forms are insoluble in alcohol - strange that this works

Salt is soluble in ethanol.
The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.

bindu
#33 Posted : 4/20/2011 7:26:22 PM

excellent extraction for caapi

i got brown crystals and some resin, which i mixed into little 1,2g aya pills. Yum!

this is not a good tek for chakruna. I got some amount of oily paste out of it.
This stuff does not only taste horrible, its hard to digest and nausea inducing.

wonder if i can do something with the chakruna paste other then throwing it away...
blessed be all forms of intelligence

MelCat
#34 Posted : 4/20/2011 7:29:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bindu wrote:
wonder if i can do something with the chakruna paste other then throwing it away...

Dissolve it into some alcohol and throw it into a changa blend! Very happy
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

bindu
#35 Posted : 4/20/2011 10:26:23 PM

its not freebase, dont think smoking it works

no effect if smeared on a cigarette or jix
blessed be all forms of intelligence

pau
#36 Posted : 4/28/2012 11:26:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

anyone with opinion or experience regarding substitution of acacia for mhrb in this tek? Thanks!
WHOA!

christian
#37 Posted : 5/21/2012 10:20:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That tek is nice and simple. But for us that don't have ethyl alcohol, maybe it's just as well to oven dry some reduced Caapi tea to a paste, extract MHRB powder with acetone, dry that out, then mix the two crude powder extracts and encapsulate?

-I'm not too sure about oven drying any MHRB extract because surely some of the dmt would vape away?

--I guess the ethyl alcohol is great because perhaps it would mean less tannins and water soluble nasties?
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

christian
#38 Posted : 5/21/2012 10:50:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, Aplha 1, i think a few years back there were similar teks, i've also read about people making their Ayahuasca, boiling it to a paste and drying it out and encapsulating the stuff. That alsao seems to work well, as does jello Aya, for some i suppose. I wonder about those Aya pancakes. Wouldn't they be great with a honeyed mushroom and chocolate syrup..Yummy! Drool
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

cyb
#39 Posted : 5/3/2013 7:30:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

I'm gonna go ahead and bump this thread...
I know it's old and most of the users are gone but the neat little teks on post one is a great little toolkit for newbies. Thumbs up
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

sbarret77
#40 Posted : 5/15/2013 6:20:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello all

I'm looking for more information regarding the use of chacruna in this tek; the original author states success, while a user here says it failed... anyone who tried it around here?

I'm thinking of doing a chacruna + everclear jar without tearing the fresh leafs, and leave it for a month.

PREV123NEXT