CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mescaline hesitation - what to expect? Options

flyboy
#1 Posted : 2/21/2009 4:36:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yo, swim extacted mesc crystals from torch months back but has not had the spacetime to experiment with it.. he's gotten so used to the quick dmt and salvia experiences he is wondering what to expect please?

No scale, but on the table it's powder spread into a line approx the x/y/z of a decent zigzag joint, was washed with acetone and was completely crystals.

Swim's concern is work on monday.. will he be in an altered state as if he did lsd or mdma, or does it wash away quickly like, say mushrooms or dmt, in which you come back quite solid.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

burnt
#2 Posted : 2/21/2009 4:52:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Mescaline can last long. 12 hours about. But there is no hangover. Its a beautiful experience. Similar to acid without the 'pushyness'. Very euphoric.

69ron
#3 Posted : 2/21/2009 7:06:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mescaline is indeed a very beautiful experience. It’s one of the best psychedelics there is.

It’s like a gentler more spiritual version of LSD. It’s not as “electric” or harshly “psychoanalytical” like LSD. It’s very euphoric. The visuals are very unique. SWIM really enjoys watching the wood grain flow like water on mescaline. Overall, mescaline is more like LSD than psilocybin. Some elements of the mescaline trip feel similar to an oral 5-MeO-DMT trip. The visuals for example, are somewhat similar to the weak visuals of 5-MeO-DMT, but more colorful and much stronger. The body high is also similar to oral 5-MeO-DMT. You feel so alive and euphoric. It doesn’t have the “mind fuck” of 5-MeO-DMT or LSD. You can think pretty clearly on mescaline even on high doses. At very low doses, it’s an aphrodisiac. I’m talking about pure mescaline, not cactus. Most cactus has some alkaloids in it that are sedating and they counteract some of the more beautiful aspects of the mescaline experience.

It peaks after about 4 hours. The peak is not sharp like LSD, it’s more drawn out. I can take anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours for the effects to kick in.

How long the trip lasts depends on how much you take. Stronger doses last longer. The trip can be anywhere from 8 hours to 14 hours depending on the dose.

If you took it Sunday morning, you’d be fine the following Monday morning.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

ohayoco
#4 Posted : 2/21/2009 7:27:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think you should buy a scale, especially if you've never done mescaline before and so have little idea how much you should be taking by sight. I hear there isn't much of a gap between a strong mescaline experience and a fatal dose.

Buy a scale. Then have fun, mescaline is the psychedelic voted on here as least likely to produce bad trips. And it makes you feel goood Smile

Check out some reports on Erowid if you want to know more of what to expect.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

69ron
#5 Posted : 2/21/2009 7:41:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ohayoco wrote:
I think you should buy a scale, especially if you've never done mescaline before and so have little idea how much you should be taking by sight.
I hear there isn't much of a gap between a strong mescaline experience and a fatal dose.

Buy a scale. Then have fun, mescaline is the psychedelic voted least likely to produce bad trips. And it makes you feel goood Smile

A very strong oral dose is 700 mg (0.7 grams). Few people would ever take more than that. You should take no more than 200 mg as your first try to test the waters.

The oral LD50 in mice is 880 mg/kg. For a 70 kg adult human that would calculate out to 61600 mg (61.6 grams).

Intravenously, the mouse LD50 is 261 mg/kg. That’s about 18270 mg (18.27 grams) for a 70 kg adult human.

The lethal dose in man has not been established. There’s an unconfirmed report of a death caused by injecting 15 grams of mescaline intravenously. However oral doses are much weaker so it’s likely that 15 grams would not kill a person if taken orally. No confirmed human deaths exist from oral use of mescaline.

Look here Ask Erowid : ID 1778 : Can mescaline kill?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

ohayoco
#6 Posted : 2/21/2009 8:02:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Haha really? Well that would make me completely wrong.
I thought that because of a thread I'd read on Erowid where they calculated that if you took over 25g of cactus of an unknown strength then you could OD. I guess the strong ones must be superstrains or something.
I'd also got the impression that peak experiences neared fatal ones from somewhere else, but if you're right then it must've been a myth circulating... just goes to show you can't just accept what others say on the internet. At least that myth erred on the side of caution.
How someone could manage to inject 15g, I don't know! Nuts.

You should still buy a scale though!
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

69ron
#7 Posted : 2/22/2009 12:32:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, buy a scale. Read up on dosage information. Mescaline goes from being really weak at 100 mg to quite nice at 250 mg to really strong at 500 mg. Most people will enjoy the 150-250 mg range quite a bit. Only go higher if you know what you’re doing. It can get more intense than LSD at the high end. We’re talking about seeing things like the entire universe come apart before your eyes at the high doses (750 mg-1000 mg). Few people are ready for that kind of experience. But at 250 mg and below, most people love it.

polytrip
#8 Posted : 2/24/2009 6:54:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
69ron wrote:
Yeah, buy a scale. Read up on dosage information. Mescaline goes from being really weak at 100 mg to quite nice at 250 mg to really strong at 500 mg. Most people will enjoy the 150-250 mg range quite a bit. Only go higher if you know what you’re doing. It can get more intense than LSD at the high end. We’re talking about seeing things like the entire universe come apart before your eyes at the high doses (750 mg-1000 mg). Few people are ready for that kind of experience. But at 250 mg and below, most people love it.

Do you ever get these effects on cactusses, or do you need pure mescaline for those kind of things?

Saidin
#9 Posted : 2/24/2009 9:46:01 PM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

Interesting information. But as we all know, everyone can be different. I've done 500mg of crystals twice, and both times got good body effects but a sensitivity to light was the only visual effect I encountered. Nothing with eyes open or closed.

Sigh, sucks to have such high tolerance...need around 250-300mg of dmt orally to feel any decent effects as well...
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

69ron
#10 Posted : 2/25/2009 2:48:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Everyone is different, that’s for sure.

SWIM can feel DMT orally at just 10 mg. At 20 mg, he experiences visuals and other psychedelic effects. At 50 mg, it becomes a spiritual experience.

SWIM can feel mescaline at 50 mg, but it just feels like a mild stimulant at that dose. At 75 mg he gets very slight psychedelic effects, but mostly just stimulation. At 150 mg it's very obviously psychedelic for him. At that dose the wood grain starts moving slightly and he gets other minor visual effects. At about 300 mg, that’s when it really starts getting up there for him. That’s a very strong dose for him. That’s enough for true visionary effects. At 500 mg and up, it’s no longer a trip but a spiritual experience beyond words.

Usually his brother needs 2-3 times more to experience the same level of effects across the board when it comes to psychedelics. His brother is thin and weighs about ½ as much as him. So body mass has little to do with it.

At 8:30 am, SWIM took 75 mg of very clean mescaline HCl extracted from San Pedro. It’s now almost 7:00 pm, and he can still feel it. It’s a nice stimulant at this dose, and just very mildly psychedelic. It’s a lot of fun. Drinking a strong cup of coffee somehow increases the psychedelic effects of it for about 1 hour. I’m not sure why.

Saidin
#11 Posted : 2/27/2009 12:19:39 AM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

With a HCL extraction, any excess acid will just evaporate wont it? SWIM used citric acid his first time, and it seems that excess citric acid will produce powder when evaporated, that might have something to do with it, maybe there is too much plain citric in the weight.
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

ohayoco
#12 Posted : 2/27/2009 12:32:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
Do you ever get these effects on cactusses, or do you need pure mescaline for those kind of things?

I'd imagine that you could... the problem with cactus though is that it's pretty hard to get the right amount because of the variations in potency. Wouldn't want to overdo it. And I wonder how uncomfortable the nausea would get at the high end.

Saidin wrote:
I've done 500mg of crystals twice, and both times got good body effects but a sensitivity to light was the only visual effect I encountered. Nothing with eyes open or closed.

Yeah, I've noticed people seem to have very different experiences. Swim has both open and closed eyes visuals off 30g of torch, but when he gave his friend 30g of the same torch, his friend didn't see anything. Although he refused to close his eyes when swim suggested to him that he does, because it was his first time at a psychedelic dose and he wasn't enjoying the nausea. I pondered whether there was an element of 'summoning' of the visions at this and even lower doses, because swim is able to some extent to make them appear and disappear when he wants them, a bit like with weed (after a hiatus so that the psychedelic effects become apparent again) but more impressive, of course.
Could it also depend on how long ago you ate, or is the 4 hour rule just to reduce nausea?

69ron
#13 Posted : 2/27/2009 1:44:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Saidin wrote:
With a HCL extraction, any excess acid will just evaporate wont it? SWIM used citric acid his first time, and it seems that excess citric acid will produce powder when evaporated, that might have something to do with it, maybe there is too much plain citric in the weight.

Yes it does.

Citric acid is very heavy and any excess citric acid will remain in the product unless you do something specifically to get rid of it. I've heard that you can precipitate mescaline citrate in near ice cold water. The excess citric acid stays in the water. You then pour off the water to get really pure mescaline citrate crystals without much excess citric acid. SWIM hasn’t tried that though, so he can't be sure it works.

If you don't remove the excess citric acid, you could be taking 500 mg, and 99% of it is actually just citric acid!

With mescaline HCl, any excess acid will just evaporate away, so you’re left with pretty much pure mescaline HCl.

Mescaline HCl is much more potent by weight than mescaline citrate. Citric acid is really heavy.

Citric acid has a molecular weight of 210.14.

Hydrochloric acid has a molecular weight of just 36.46.

Mescaline freebase has a molecular weight of 211.26.

Mescaline HCl has a molecular weight of 247.72.

Mescaline citrate has a molecular weight of 421.4! It’s very heavy.

100 mg of mescaline freebase is equal in drug potency to 117 mg of mescaline HCl, and equal to 199 mg of mescaline citrate.

modsquad09
#14 Posted : 2/27/2009 2:52:12 AM

mods

maaaaaaan i wanna try pure mescaline =[
Everything above me is really a lie... think for yourself & question authority!

amor_fati
#15 Posted : 2/27/2009 3:04:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

SWIM used to do a lot of san pedro brew, and on the occasions that he happened upon a strong experience, they was among his greatest. SWIM doesn't like the brew due to the amount of minerals it seems to contain, and due to the fact that the potency is so difficult to gauge. SWIM will be trying an encapsulated ethanol extract (using the TSP method) sometime soon to see how powerful that is compared to the brew. After that, he'll probably just do complete extraction.

SWIM finds the experience very similar to LSD with a body high similar to--but not nearly as powerful as--MDMA.

69ron
#16 Posted : 2/27/2009 11:04:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has been using a lot of mescaline lately in low doses. It’s a fantastic experience even in low doses. SWIM takes it with strong coffee. It has a synergistic effect with coffee.

It does feel very similar to LSD in some ways. SWIM feels it’s closer to the effects of LSD than mushrooms or DMT.

It’s so friendly and heart warming. You almost feel like the mescaline is hugging you, making you all cozy and excited. Your body feels fantastic. It’s a very smooth experience.

It’s really difficult to put into words what makes mescaline so unique.

With a small dose, you’ll be smiling all day, feeling energetic and happy, warm hearted. It’s great on a summer day. In this way it’s similar to LSD sort of. But with LSD you feel like something exciting is about to happen, there’s a mild “butterflies” feeling in the stomach, sort of a mild stage fright, but it’s pleasant. With mescaline you feel more like things are exactly as they should be, in perfect natural harmony. You don’t feel something exciting is about to happen, instead you feel more content and happy with things as they are. It feels so natural and warm. LSD has some slight coffee like qualities, in that it stimulates the intellect, while mescaline stimulates your loving qualities more. What I mean is that, with mescaline, you feel more comfortable being with loved ones. It’s as if you can feel the love more and so can the people around you.

At higher doses, the mental psychedelic effects that start to kick in are very unique. You get a lot of insight. People will almost look new to you, and yet very familiar at the same time. You’ll notice things in people and nature you may have never noticed before. That part is sort of LSD-like. But with LSD, you feel a sense of excitement and awe, as if you’re about to look behind the curtains of reality, but you never quite do. With mescaline you feel more like God is present and God is smiling down on you because things are exactly the way they should be. You don’t feel like you’re about to see something you shouldn’t be seeing, but you fee like your seeing what’s meant for you to see. It’s very different. It’s hard to explain exactly. I’m not sure if I’m really getting the point across, but I’m trying.

For SWIM, LSD feels sort of taboo. Sort of like you’re seeing things in a way that God never meant for man to see. But with mescaline, you feel like God is directly showing you things. LSD feels so man made, so metallic and electric while mescaline feels warm and loving and more spiritual. It’s not because it’s natural either. 5-MeO-DMT is just as natural as mescaline, and yet it feels very alien, more so than LSD.

The visuals of mescaline are very unique. Things look soft and sort of like they have a halo around them. Wood becomes alive, more so than with LSD. You can see the wood grain sliding around. It’s quite dramatic. With LSD, patterns are more prevalent, but with mescaline, the environment tends to morph more. With mescaline, looking at a painting, you’re more likely to see the painting start to move. With LSD, you’re more likely to see patterns form on the painting or see the colors flashing.

At higher doses, mescaline can be a little creepy. You can be visited by spirits of all kinds. I don’t think many people have taken high doses of mescaline. The hallucinogenic effects at high doses can be overwhelming. It can be difficult to do anything at all but sit and watch your spiritual visions manifest before your eyes. At very high doses it’s a heavy experience, heavier than LSD in many ways, but almost always a very rewarding spiritual journey.

I think what really separates mescaline from the other major psychedelics is the sense of great empathy it gives you, coupled with the sense of love you feel emanating from nature and God. This is why mescaline is always said to be a “warm” and “friendly” psychedelic.

It’s too bad people are put off by the rumor that mescaline always causes nausea. SWIM never gets nausea from mescaline. People who easily get cyber sickness or motion sickness are more likely to get nausea form mescaline because things can look like they’re moving all around you even when you’re sitting completely still. That can trigger nausea in some people.

polytrip
#17 Posted : 2/27/2009 11:43:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I get the impression that higher doses of the stuff are totally different from lower doses. I have only had acces to pretty weak san pedro and some peyote buds. Some of the things mentioned here i recognize, but i never had true hallucinations with the stuff. In the amounts in wich i took it, i had some interesting visual effects, like seeing aura's, or people's eyes starting to radiate or a slight morphing of objects. It gave me a clear headed feeling that's simmilar to that of XTC. The more i read about it though, the more i think i definately have to try larger amounts.