DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Sublingual Mescaline? Options

bufoman
#21 Posted : 1/24/2009 6:27:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Mescaline is most definitely active sub lingually, wether it is more potent is the question. It probably is, but how much is required? But you said that you eventually swallowed it, thus it had not yet all absorbed so it may have still been the oral dose that was active.

Ott has shown that small amounts of MAOI's can potentiate sub lingual and nasal compounds. Maybe some of the isoquinolines in the cacti potentaited the sub lingual mescaline. They could also do so orally but as Ott showed only a small amount of MAOI's are needed to potent sub lingual or nasal compounds.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

bufoman
#22 Posted : 1/24/2009 6:28:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What post is it on?

69ron
#23 Posted : 1/24/2009 6:36:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bufoman wrote:
Mescaline is most definitely active sub lingually, wether it is more potent is the question. It probably is, but how much is required? But you said that you eventually swallowed it, thus it had not yet all absorbed so it may have still been the oral dose that was active.

Yeah, it could have just been active from the oral ingestion. SWIM never tried taking 60 mg of pure mescaline HCl orally in a capsule. Maybe he’s sensitive enough to feel it that way without any sublingual absorption at all? He would really like to test this out by doing it sublingually and then spitting it out and washing his mouth so none can absorb through the stomach, but he’s exhausted his mescaline supply, and it’s so expensive to get more to test with.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

bufoman
#24 Posted : 1/24/2009 6:59:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you leave it there long enough it should all be absorbed. No need to spit. But yea it wouldn't be unheard of if you got some activity from this amount. SWIM seems to be sensitive to these substances, maybe low endogenous MAO phenotype.

Infundibulum
#25 Posted : 1/24/2009 10:34:23 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

This is very interesting topic. SWIM's FOAF is really interested in different ways of taking mescaline. Last week he had 800mg of mescaline fumarate, it was an exceedingly and overwhelmingly beautiful experience. But he had to extract 200g of cactus powder to get that amount. This is not really satisfactory when considering yield versus extraction trouble.

Sublingual seems a good way to go, so he might give it a try at some point.

More studies on this are absolutely imperative! There has to be something that potentiates mescaline at least 2- or even 5-fold.

This is what SWIM's FOAF proposes;

1) snorting mescaline; has anyone actually done it?

2) oral mescaline in conjunction with harmala MAOIs? He knows some people say that this is contra-indicated but he does not know whether this information is trustworthy.

3) smokeable mescaline? again, people quote that mescaline freebase is a pretty caustic oil and should not be smoked...

How valid are these claims? What are the Nexian's opinions on these issues?

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

whiterasta
#26 Posted : 1/24/2009 10:52:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
This is very interesting topic. SWIM's FOAF is really interested in different ways of taking mescaline. Last week he had 800mg of mescaline fumarate, it was an exceedingly and overwhelmingly beautiful experience. But he had to extract 200g of cactus powder to get that amount. This is not really satisfactory when considering yield versus extraction trouble.

More studies on this are absolutely imperative! There has to be something that potentiates mescaline at least 2- or even 5-fold.

2) oral mescaline in conjunction with harmala MAOIs? He knows some people say that this is contra-indicated but he does not know whether this information is trustworthy.

3) smokeable mescaline? again, people quote that mescaline freebase is a pretty caustic oil and should not be smoked...

I prefer to insufflate mescaline. I have found no increase in "potency" and still must have about 500mg to get a good head from it. I do like that I have no stomach issues and that it does come up about twice as fast. It burns a bit but overall is easier on tissues than cocaine and the burn fades rapidly. I have on one occasion insufflated close to 1500mg in a 24hr period (festivals are like that ,eh?) and had a sore nose for a couple days but not anything more than mild allergies. 750mg good clean eggshell mescaline snorted over about an hr. is very nice. Smaller doses are good for "chore work".
IMO insufflation is very superior to sublingual. The taste of mescaline is to me pretty nasty. A nice cold drink takes care of the taste from the drip when insufflated and the sinuses are a much larger surface area for absorption.
Just PLEASE make sure you have washed your product VERY well as any excess acid will play havoc on your sinus.
Harmala can be used with mescaline safely, although I would not go for a 1000mg dose and add harmala. I have however used 50-75mg highly pure mixed harmala alkaloids with 500mg mescaline with only positive effects. BP and heartrate normal, slight increase in blood sugar.I am highly cautios of my BP and pulse when using "stimulating" substances as I have had a heart attack a decade ago. Any new combo is tasted slowly and monitored carefully for elevation of pulse or BP. To date I have had no bad reactions to harmala with any of the primary psychedelics although it is not as potentiating with LSD as with mescaline and psilocybin.
Hope this helps
WR
"It seems that everything I knew was just a lie
A love, a hope, a dream, but what is that to you?
I can hold it in while I live, but it comes out when I die
The tragedy of truth, the liberties of lies
I see three sides to the coin as I flip it past my eyes
tossed from hand to hand you choose tails and I choose side."
Jimmy Haha

polytrip
#27 Posted : 1/24/2009 11:13:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Maybe the different compounds in cactusses have a synergistic effect. I had noticeable effects once with 4 peyote bud's. I find it hard to believe that they would hold a threshold dose of 200 mg. On the other hand; maybe sensitivity to mescaline just varies a lot from person to person.

69ron
#28 Posted : 1/25/2009 12:47:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well SWIM would NOT consider trying to snort anything else again that’s for sure. He always gets sick when something foreign is in his nose, no matter what it is.

If snorting mescaline works then for sure it would work sublingually. SWIM doesn’t mind the taste of mescaline one bit, so sublingual use suits him just fine.

It’s likely that sensitivity to mescaline varies from person to person and that the published dosage levels are not accurate for everyone. SWIM tends to require much less psychedelics than other people, even though he’s a very heavy muscular wide bodied guy (weighing close to 300 pounds, but not fat). His brother weighs almost half what he weighs but usually required 4 times the dose for most psychedelics.

At some point SWIM will get lucky and find a cactus that has a good amount of mescaline and then he’ll be able to test sublingual potency versus oral potency. Until them hopefully someone else on this forum will be able to provide more information on sublingual use.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#29 Posted : 1/25/2009 12:56:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:

Seems SWIY’s experiencing poor yields too from cactus. 800 mg is much more than SWIM ever extracted from 200 grams of dry cactus though. Most he ever got was 150 mg from 200 grams Sad

How was mescaline fumarate? Was it very crystalline? How was it created?

Infundibulum wrote:

I’ve read a few accounts of it being active that way, but not more potent. I’ve read it hits your faster, that’s about it.

Infundibulum wrote:

I’ve heard of people smoking mescaline HCl with success, but I can’t find much details about dosage and effects.

69ron
#30 Posted : 1/25/2009 10:51:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dagger wrote:
From the mycotopia forum:
"Tregar" wrote:
You will only be able to get about 25% of the dose to absorb sublingually, I've tried it, but only got mild effects...I let it absorb over and over and over over a 1/2 hour period, ended up wasting too much of the dose, the amount that wouldn't absorb sublingually. Ergopharm did some research on this for a while using sublingual cyclodextrin compounded testosterone, of a 25mg dose, about 5mg was able to be absorbed sublingually under the tongue, between the gums, swished around, etc. Since an active dose of mescaline is around 200mg, about 50mg will be absorbed...I've never tried it again since my one experiment, I got effects but it took about 1/2 hour of swishing, letting it sit under the tongue, etc...for very very mild effects.

On the other hand, if your mescaine is pure, be it white or translucent, so long as it is not sanchez brown or tan, it can be smoked in a glass bulb or special pipe like people use for dmt, you can easily get a 200mg dose in this way, it does work, it comes on in about 20 minutes and will last the standard 6 to 8 hours or more this way, depending on the dose. There is practically zero body load but your stuff must be clean in order to be smoked. It has been done by a handful of people with clean stuff...and actually taste pretty good, somewhat sweet. I'll give it a shot myself when my stuff is crystalline pure after a re-crystallization soon in about 4 weeks. This has been cofirmed by me! and psychohipe, They have smoked mescaline hcl many times in dreams, it does work. You cannot smoke mescaline sulphate, only mescaline hcl.

I read that before on that other forum a few days ago. I don't know how accurate that information is. I don't know that guy’s reputation. I’m skeptical of that guy’s report. It doesn’t make sense to me that it would be very active by snorting and only weakly active sublingually.

SWIM did his last 150 mg of mescaline from a Torch extraction several hours ago (one bought on-line). He let the mescaline HCl sit under his tongue for 10 minutes before swallowing. Effects were felt within 30 minutes. It peaked after about 4 hours. SWIM is still tripping pretty hard off of that 150 mg. It really took SWIM by surprise. The peak kept building and building in waves. The Torch extract had the effects of completely pure mescaline. There wasn’t a hint of sedative effects at all. SWIM could barely sit still from all the mescaline energy. It was awesome, but gave SWIM the chills too. During the peak things were moving and shifting in his visual field. There were closed eye visuals and lots of spiritually significant effects that occurred in SWIM consciousness. No nausea at all by the way. SWIM even ate several times during the trip.

SWIM is going to get more of that same Torch and do another extraction and give in and test a sublingual only dose, just to see if what that guy above has said is true or not. It seems to SWIM that he’s getting pretty strong effects from such a weak dose of mescaline. He doesn’t recall such strong effects from 150 mg in his early days when he had access to pure synthetic mescaline back in San Francisco. Maybe the sublingual trick is making it stronger, or maybe SWIM is just more sensitive to mescaline now?

Infundibulum
#31 Posted : 1/25/2009 12:08:23 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

Nice info everybody!

Re to 69ron, mescaline fumarate was made using FASA on xylene. Briefly, the cactus powder was slightly boiled in water for 2 hours to reduce the sliminess, then all the stuff (unfiltered) was placed in a gallon container (with a gallon of water) and equal amount of lye was added to it. Too high a pH also helps a lot on breaking the sliminess. After a period of several days all the sliminess went away, and freebase mescaline was pulled with xylene, then precipitated as fumarate salt out of xylene using FASA. Salts Washed with acetone a couple of times, then dried.

Mescaline fumarate is a white powdery material, it looks and feels like chalk and it looks more than it weights (i.e. what "looks" like a gram is actually 100mg)

SWIM's FOAF is still pulling minuscule amounts from the cactus.

He'll also try to freebase and smoke it at some point, if that's too stupid please slap him before it's too late.

Infundibulum
#32 Posted : 1/25/2009 12:25:04 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

Would be nice to have more info on that, i.e. how much was smoked, how was it smoked (joint style vs dmt-style), how fast was the onset, how long did it last, but most importantly how was the experience and how does it compare with oral mescaline.

I've seem other posts around that smoking mescaline "works" but what does that mean?

69ron
#33 Posted : 1/25/2009 12:39:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's been 8 hours and SWIM is still tripping. Watching Robot Chicken on the DVR is a blast. SWIM likes coffee mixed with mescaline. It seems to give it a boost and clear up the tongue tied effect SWIM gets from mescaline.

SWIM now has a lot of fumaric acid. Next time he’ll try making the mescaline fumarate (should be much healthier).

As far as smoking mescaline, I’d definitely like to see more details on that subject.

And as for mixing mescaline with THH, that sounds like an awesome experience to be had. I doubt it will make the mescaline more potent though. Harmine and harmaline will make mescaline 2-3 times more potent though. THH doesn’t seem to increase the potency of other compounds even though it’s an MAOI, but it does tend to add a whole knew psychedelic dimension to the experience of other psychedelic compounds. With mescaline I imagine it would probably ease the nervous anxiety a little, but at the same time make you more stimulated, and probably make your mind more focused during the experience. It’s definitely on SWIM’s to do list.

One thing that SWIM noticed this time that was quite weird was that he could smell the mescaline HCl during the peak. It was as if he was sweating mescaline HCl out of his skin or it was being excreted in his mucous or something. I don’t know if that possible.

Right now SWIM non longer smells mescaline HCl on his body but definitely smells hydrochloric acid all over. What the fuck? Does mescaline come apart in the body releasing hydrochloric acid in your body? SWIM’s mouth tastes like hydrochloric acid, everything smells like hydrochloric acid, especially his body.

Maybe it’s just that SWIM is tripping still and its just an illusion.

SWIM is going to try a little bit of kola nut and see what happens. Usually kola nut increases the psychedelic effects of most tryptamines for SWIM, but he’s never tried it with mescaline before. He’s going to make some kola extract tea in a minute and see what happens.

Infundibulum
#34 Posted : 1/25/2009 1:32:08 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

whoa!

does anyone know the vaporisation point of mescaline HCl?

And a good starting amount to smoke? 200mg? Good starting amount is defined as the amount that makes you trip balls!

69ron
#35 Posted : 1/25/2009 2:10:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM Tried all of those extraction techs over the years and still gets really bad yields. The tech doesn't seem to be the problem. It's the cacti being too weak.

69ron
#36 Posted : 1/25/2009 4:09:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

3 ml of kola nut extract in 1 cup of calamansi juice did increase the effects of the mescaline enough to be noticed. It made it slightly stronger, but didn’t do much else. It was like taking a second mild hit of mescaline.

It’s been nearly 12 hours since he took the mescaline hydrochloride and everything still smells like hydrochloric acid to SWIM especially SWIM’s body. The smell is a little annoying. Can mescaline hydrochloride actually make you smell like hydrochloric acid towards the end of the trip? Is it coming apart in SWIM’s body releasing small amounts of hydrochloric acid? Is that even possible? Is SWIM just tripping?

Infundibulum
#37 Posted : 1/25/2009 4:34:12 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

Haha, SWIY's most likely tripping!

SWIM's FOAF encountered something similar last time on mescaline. His otherwise very silent laptop could be heard unusually loud, he couldn't believe how loud that was.

69ron
#38 Posted : 1/25/2009 4:35:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM just realized that there is a big similarity between oral 5-MeO-DMT and mescaline. The effects on the body feel very similar. Some of the visual effects are also a little similar, even some of the mental effects are similar.

SWIM never noticed this before. Having just had oral 5-MeO-DMT a few days ago, these similarities are obvious now to SWIM. Now that he thinks about it…he’s surprised he hasn’t noticed the similarities before. The euphoria in the body, the tingling sensitive sense of touch, the excited feeling in the stomach, the feeling of excessive and endless energy, they are all very much the same. The body high of mescaline HCl is nearly identical to the body high of oral 5-MeO-DMT.

Of course mescaline has its own very unique visual effects not present in any other psychedelic, and there are many other psychedelic effects it has that are unique to it and difficult to describe. Oral 5-MeO-DMT is definitely more alien and less visual, but their similarities are amazing considering they are completely different types of compounds.

69ron
#39 Posted : 1/25/2009 4:40:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
Haha, SWIY's most likely tripping!

SWIM's FOAF encountered something similar last time on mescaline. His otherwise very silent laptop could be heard unusually loud, he couldn't believe how loud that was.

Everything still smells like hydrochloric acid. It’s probably just SWIM’s imagination. WOW it looks beautiful outside. Nature is totally amazing. SWIM could watch the clouds and trees blow in the wind all morning. SWIM saw the sunrise this morning. It was a EVENT to say the least.

This was a pretty strong trip for SWIM. During the peak while watching a movie, he could barely understand anything that was going on. He had to struggle to understand even a single sentence. It got SWIM a little paranoid considering the dose was so low. SWIM has never experience such an intense trip from such a small amount of mescaline before. SWIM is STILL TRIPPING. It’s been over 12 hours since he took it.

PREV12