#21 Posted : 7/24/2013 11:29:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
jungleheart wrote:
Mad

wth

it's healthy, and tasty.

Chicken fried steak is not healthy.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jungleheart
#22 Posted : 7/25/2013 3:19:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SpartanII wrote:
benzyme wrote:
jungleheart wrote:
Mad

wth

it's healthy, and tasty.

Chicken fried steak is not healthy.

OR TASTY. well....

sØrce
#23 Posted : 7/25/2013 5:33:22 PM

That was that and this is this.

The only real way to eat chicken-fried steak is to marinade the steak for a week in clarified butter, wrap it in several layers of bacon, coat it with toasted coconut and deep-fry it in peanut oil only long enough to crispify the bacon. Then take it out, put it in the freezer cuz who has time for anything anymore? then dip it in milk chocolate, put it back on the cold plate from the freezer and chill it 'til the chocolate hardens. Then you're gonna want to put a giant scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of that, douse it in raspberry sauce and top that with whip cream, chocolate jimmies or sprinkles or shots or whatever they call 'em in your neck of the yonder, a cherry on top from the jar not the real kind.

NOw Serve it just like that to your best friend on the best day of their life: today =) Tell 'em you love to see them smile and the cow was grass-fed.

(those Kombucha n Pickles) Pasta Salad:

sØrce wrote:

Kombucha Spicy Dill Pickles:

1 quart jar
2 medium sized cucumbers
3 tbsp minced garlic
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
10 dried thai peppers or 5 fresh
Kombucha tea, 3-4 week brewed.
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp fresh chopped dill

Peel and slice the cukes, fill the jar 3/4 way. Add all the other stuff. Put the lid on, shake it for a minute. Unscrew the liz to release air pressure. Put it in the fridge. Take it out and shake it every once in a while.

^First do that.

Then make pasta and have some left over. No sauce in it

Take the Kombucha cukes, (a half cup to a cup of pasta) and dice them. Mixem in a bowl with the pasta. Pour a splash of the pickle juice into your pasta. Find something creamy in your fridge, a few tablespoons of ranch or bleu cheese dressing or mayo, or leave that out if you prefer.

Dice a few cherry tomatos or half of a medium sized tomato per cup of pasta, throw that in. Some black olives perhaps.

Some crumbled feta or other cheese makes it pop, and a splash of italian dressing or some equivalent herbs.

Smile when you eat it and realize how delicious your leftover mashup pasta salad is.

Oh yeah the spiraly pastas are so perfect for this.
"The world is his, who can see through it's pretension...see it to be a lie, and you have already dealt it its final blow..." -Ralph W. Emerson

SHroomtroll
#24 Posted : 7/25/2013 6:33:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Its blueberry season here so im making a great smoothie with fresh picked blueberries...

1cup yoghurt

1/3 cup blueberries

1 tablespoon hemp seeds

1/5 cup hemp protein powder

1 tablespoons honey

1 teaspoon cocoa nibs

This is a great base recipe which you add greens powder or maca or whatever too.

sØrce
#25 Posted : 8/25/2013 2:58:22 PM

If you're like me you're probably wondering what you are gonna do with all these tomatoes.

CAPRESE SALAD:

I eyeballed everything but my best guess is:

4 c plum tomatoes cut into cubey wedgy shapes (about an inch sq or a bit more is good)
1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
1/8 c balsamic vinaigrette
It's hard to measure loose leaf basil, but like 1/2 c if you jammed it in the cup pretty good. Probably a 1/2 oz leaf dry weight.
Sea salt to taste (I probably used a Tbsp)
Fresh ground pepper to taste
some other "italian herbs" like oregano or whatever you have (optional)
1/2 a diced onion (optional)
Fresh mozzarella, sliced (I omitted this b/c I don't like it)

Put it in a container with a tight lid (tupperware here) and shake it around, then leave it in your fridge, the flavors infuse into the oil and vinegar and soak into the tomato.

Still have pounds of tomatoes to roast or sundry... or something. Maybe homemade ketchup or tomato sauce canned.

I found this: HOMEMADE TOMATO SAUCE

Yield: About 4 cups sauce

4 pounds tomatoes (some swear by romas, I’ve had success with all varieties)
1/4 cup olive oil
2 to 3 small cloves of garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
Slivers of fresh basil, to finish

Peel your tomatoes: Bring a pot of water to boil. Cut a small X at the bottom of each tomato. Blanche the tomatoes in the boiling water for 10 to 30 seconds, then either rinse under cold water or shock in an ice water bath. Peeling the tomatoes should now be a cinch. If one gives you trouble, toss it back in the boiling water for another 10 seconds until the skin loosens up. Discard the skins.

Finish preparing your tomatoes: If using plum tomatoes, halve each lengthwise. If using beefsteak or another round variety, quarter them. Squeeze the seeds out over a strainer over a bowl and reserve the juices. Either coarsely chop you tomatoes on a cutting board or use a potato masher to do so in your pot, as you cook them in a bit.

Prepare your vegetables: mince garlic, whatever other veggies you might add. (carrots celery onion mushroom, I kept this recipe simple)

Cook your sauce: Heat your olive oil in a large pot over meduim. Cook your garlic (and other veggies). Add your tomatoes and bring to a simmer, lowering the heat to medium-low to keep it at a gentle simmer. If you haven’t chopped them yet, use a potato masher to break them up as you cook them. Simmer your sauce, stirring occasionally. At 30 minutes, you’ll have a fine pot of tomato sauce, but at 45 minutes, you might just find tomato sauce nirvana: more caramelized flavors, more harmonized texture.

If your sauce seems to be getting thicker than you want it to be, add back the reserved tomato juice as need. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and more to taste. I like somewhere between 1/2 and 1 teaspoon for 4 pounds of tomatoes. Scatter fresh basil over the pot before serving. Taste once more. Swear you’ll never buy jarred sauce again.

There are innumerable ways to tweak your tomato sauce. Some like a pinch of red pepper flakes cooked with carrots/celery/garlic and onion in the beginning. Some add them at the end. Some swear by a glug of red wine added with the tomatoes. Others insist that a tablespoon of tomato paste will give your relatively quick-cooked sauce a longer-cooked flavor.

Tomatoes heh

"The world is his, who can see through it's pretension...see it to be a lie, and you have already dealt it its final blow..." -Ralph W. Emerson

ZenSpice
#26 Posted : 8/25/2013 11:48:05 PM

Mostly Ignored

sØrce
#27 Posted : 9/17/2013 5:43:30 AM

Harvest time yall

Fire Dill String Beans

You didnt know you needed:
A Pint Mason Jar w/canning lid

20 string beans
fresh dill seed and dill weed (huhhhuuhh huh huh)
basil a few fresh tops of the plant
a few garlic cloves I used 3
one habanero pepper with seeds
a bit of diced onions
Like 1/4 cup of cider vinegar
White distilled vinegar
2 tablespoons of organic sugar
1 tablespoon salt

Cut the tips off the string beans so they are exactly the length of the jar. Eat all the tips mmmm. Peel that string things off the side of the beans nobody wants to have that all up in their teeth its like a zipper that doesnt unzip anything

put em in the jar, then jam the dill in between them then the basil peel the cloves put those in the corners of the jar even round jars have corners.

cut open the habanero pepper scrape all the seeds into the jar that's where you get your heat mm hmm. Cut the pepper into four cut off all that schwaggy stuff you know what to do.

Dice those onions oh theyre already diced put em in the jar.

Put your crystals in the jar yep in the jar thats backwards I know but trust me

Put half of the 1/4c of cider vinegar in the jar then drink the rest and maybe someday you'll have an eighth cup measuring cup. Mmmm vinegar thats good right

top it off with white cider vinegar.

Ok now heres the hard part take all the liquid back out and put it in a saucepan and heat it up, add a splash or 2 because evaporates. Put your finger in and when it gets burned you know its hot enough to put back in the jar. Wipe the rim and put the lid on and screw it down tight then quick put it in the freezer until the lid is suctioned down by rapid cooling then put it in the fridge and keep it in there forever.

The longer you keep it in the vinegar without opening it the better it tastes so christmas or whatever annual gift giving holidays you do, give it to an old guy and be like "Youre gonna love these I just know it"

I just know he will love them. Somehow. Hey I never tried these I wonder if theyre any good

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Love

Ø for the love of no thing

benzyme
#28 Posted : 9/29/2013 1:08:23 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Benz's best brownies

1/3 cup butter, melted
2/3 cup vegetable (or canola) oil
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup dark cocoa powder
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

Combine butter with oil in a large glass bowl, add sugar and mix.
Add eggs and vanilla, mix with a fork or wire whisk. Add cocoa, flour baking powder, and salt, whisk until smooth. Add nuts and chips, mix well.
Pour into a 13x9x2 pan, and bake at 350 F for 30 mins.

These brownies are baus. They have the optimal saturated/unsaturated fat ratio to make them very moist and dense, with a deep chocolate flavor.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

PREV12