CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Chicago Resident Charged With Manufacture/Delivery of 200g+ of DMT and More Options

#21 Posted : 3/27/2011 9:07:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
Xt wrote:
Wow... Jail time equivalent to rape or child abuse.

When I’m not feeling angry about drug laws, I feel very sad.

We use DMT to explore our inner selves, to learn about our subconscious, to begin to answer the question “Who am I?”, to explore the outer realms, to get a glimpse of that which is ordinarily unseen, to participate in the divine mystery, to begin to answer the question “Who/what is God?”

To think that our society considers such exploration to be equivalent to rape or child abuse saddens me.

this
Sad
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Not Sure
#22 Posted : 3/28/2011 1:05:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Franklin Park man charged with drug manufacturing

By MARK LAWTON mlawton@pioneerlocal.com wrote:

DMT causes hallucinations that typically last five to 15 minutes.

It would seem that most people would say '15min of hallucinations, so what?'. Maybe they would think 'why is this illegal?'.

But I guess I do not think like most people so it would seem I am inaccurate with that assumption.
Just seems like a no brainier to me.
“Psychedelics are like square roots. They can take you from a place you know, to a place you never imagined could have existed”

acolon_5
#23 Posted : 3/28/2011 2:33:01 PM

The Great Namah

27LBS OF BARK AND 200g of actual DMT?

Yeah, this guy is getting the book thrown at him, and that's not cool...

But he was trying to MASS PRODUCE DMT!!! In my books this is a massive no-no...along with a ton of ketamine? Another big no-no.

To me, this is another douche bag trying to get some $ off of DMT...and that's not ok either. I don't think he deserves jail time, but seriously, he f'd up big time..

With that being said, I'll never be moving to the "great state of IL" ever....I'd rather not get locked up with 200g of UNPROCESSED DMT and get a sentence equivalent to kidnapping and raping a child.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

ragabr
#24 Posted : 3/28/2011 2:55:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Not Sure wrote:

It would seem that most people would say '15min of hallucinations, so what?'. Maybe they would think 'why is this illegal?'.

But I guess I do not think like most people so it would seem I am inaccurate with that assumption.

I'm of the opinion that most people are terrified by themselves, and part of the role of the spectacle is to project those in-here things out-there.

Vague descriptions like that allow people to imaginatively indulge these impulses, embodied by the depraved drug user, and at the same time separate themselves from it by feeling shocked and decrying the whole thing.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Infundibulum
#25 Posted : 3/28/2011 2:56:41 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

acolon_5 wrote:
27LBS OF BARK AND 200g of actual DMT?

I think he's charged for 200g dmt but the charged is based on the 27lb of "unprocessed" dmt, i.e. MHRB what will give an estimated ~1.5% yield.

It really sucks for him but on the other hand, he seems to be deep down on the "selling-drugs-for-profit" business and especially when it comes to illegal ones mixed with grey ones, it is often a matter of time for things to go wrong.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Dr_Sister
#26 Posted : 3/28/2011 3:03:33 PM

Synaptic cleft explorer

Chemical expert | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, MarketingSenior Member | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, Marketing

Infundibulum wrote:
It really sucks for him

Sister thinks this really sucks for us. Its busts like this that puts DMT on law enforcements map. The window is already closing on MHRB in some parts of the world . . .

Cowboys will be cowboys, sigh.

proto-pax
#27 Posted : 3/28/2011 4:27:03 PM

bird-brain

Ragbar hit it straight on. Make up a bogeyman of drugs and people do the rest of the work for you.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

Not Sure
#28 Posted : 3/29/2011 1:01:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ragabr wrote:
Not Sure wrote:

I'm of the opinion that most people are terrified by themselves, and part of the role of the spectacle is to project those in-here things out-there.

Vague descriptions like that allow people to imaginatively indulge these impulses, embodied by the depraved drug user, and at the same time separate themselves from it by feeling shocked and decrying the whole thing.

Yes, you are right. It is sad but true.
“Psychedelics are like square roots. They can take you from a place you know, to a place you never imagined could have existed”

PREV12