CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
South Carolina DMT Bust - Father/Son Arrested and Charged With Manufacture UPDATE: FATHER DIED Options

SnozzleBerry
#1 Posted : 11/23/2010 3:03:23 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Article Here

John Eby @ WYFF wrote:
Police: Drug Lab May Be First Of Its Kind In SC

Mauldin Police Find Lab For Making Hallucinogenic Drug

John Eby, WYFF News 4 Reporter
POSTED: 6:25 pm EST November 19, 2010
UPDATED: 12:17 am EST November 20, 2010

MAULDIN, S.C. -- Mauldin police said they found a lab for hallucinogenic drugs in a house on Lanewood Drive on Friday.
James Robert Marler, 48, and his son, Dylan James Marler, 20, were charged with manufacturing of DMT and manufacturing of DMT within a half mile of a park.
Dylan Marler is also charged with driving under suspension and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Sgt. Chris McCord said officers came to the home Friday morning to check on James Marler after a call from the man's employer.
Police said they found the side door of the house open, called for someone to come to the door and entered after no one responded.
Inside the home, police said they found James Marler, who had been asleep, and evidence of a drug lab. Police said Marler gave them permission to search the home.

Officers said Dylan Marler drove up to the house during the investigation.
Officers requested assistance from the Greenville County Sheriff's Office after they determined that the house may contain a drug lab.
Several neighboring houses were evacuated as a precaution during the investigation.

McCord said the find was the first time the Mauldin Police Department or the Sheriff's Office had encountered DMT and may have been the first encounter with the drug by law enforcement in South Carolina.

He said the drug is a hallucinagen with similar effects to LSD.

UPDATE

article
Quote:
Mauldin Man Arrested In Drug Lab Case Dies

Coroner: Autopsy For James Marler Set For Friday

POSTED: 11:05 am EST November 25, 2010
UPDATED: 11:09 am EST November 25, 2010

MAULDIN, S.C. -- The Greenville County Coroner's Office confirmed a Mauldin man arrested last week died early Thursday.
The death of James Robert Marler, 48, comes less than one week after a he was arrested with his son and charged with manufacturing a new hallucinogenic drug.
Deputy Coroner Scott Ramsey said an autopsy will be performed Friday morning. Ramsey said he could not comment on any other details of the investigation.

Mauldin police arrested Marler and his son, Dylan James, 20, last Friday a house on Lanewood Drive.
They were both charged with the manufacturing of DMT and manufacturing DMT within a half mile of a park.
Dylan Marler was also charged with driving under suspension and possession of drug paraphernalia.

A detention worker who looked up Marler's name in the county records said it showed he was released from jail on Thursday. She said there was no further information on the conditions of his release.

WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Shaolin
#2 Posted : 11/23/2010 4:03:37 PM

Stiletto Stoner

SnozzleBerry wrote:

Dylan Marler is also charged with driving under suspension and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Sgt. Chris McCord said officers came to the home Friday morning to check on James Marler after a call from the man's employer.

Police said they found the side door of the house open, called for someone to come to the door and entered after no one responded.

Inside the home, police said they found James Marler, who had been asleep, and evidence of a drug lab. Police said Marler gave them permission to search the home.

Officers said Dylan Marler drove up to the house during the investigation.

This is seriously some fucked up shit. What the fuck.

How can your employeer call the caps on you ?

And somebody is lying or people are just dumb. If you're extracting illegal substances you DON'T drive around without a valid permit and DON'T drive to your house while the motherfucking cops are there.

Secondly, why the fuck would you give the police the permission to search your house ?

This is one messed up situation.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

StrangeLoop
#3 Posted : 11/23/2010 7:38:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What I find the most fucked up is that the cops just walked into his HOUSE without permission. Whatever happened to privacy? What happened to the constitution?

Ice House
#4 Posted : 11/23/2010 7:46:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

StrangeLoop wrote:
What I find the most fucked up is that the cops just walked into his HOUSE without permission. Whatever happened to privacy? What happened to the constitution?

Whats fukked up about it is that the laws allow for something called reasonable suspicion and or probable cause. There is a huge loop hole that allows an officer to walk right in. He could say "I though I heard something" or "I though I smelled something", "I thought I saw something". Thats it. A cop can do whatever he wants. Even if the owner was at the door.

Sad but True.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

polytrip
#5 Posted : 11/24/2010 10:33:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Is it just my paranoia or is there an increase in DMT-related arrests?

SnozzleBerry
#6 Posted : 11/27/2010 9:20:51 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

The father who was arrested has apparently died of blunt trauma to the head...it appears he was released from jail prior to the incident, but there are practically no details as to what may have happened. I've added the most in depth article I could find to the initial post.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

clouds
#7 Posted : 11/27/2010 9:27:23 PM

Human

The Traveler
#8 Posted : 11/27/2010 10:08:46 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Just to prevent wild speculations:

wrote:
The coroner's office performed an autopsy on James Marler Friday. They say he died from a brain hemorrhage from blunt force trauma to the head.

Police say the case isn't criminal.
This can mean anything that gets you a nice blow to the head in a non criminal way. Like falling from the stairs, dropping from a bike, falling backwards from your seat, falling of the roof, slippery floor, etc...

You can be amazed how many people die by stupid accidents, your kitchen might be the most dangerous place in the world! Pleased

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Xt
#9 Posted : 11/27/2010 10:44:50 PM

Quote:
The coroner's office performed an autopsy on James Marler Friday. They say he died from a brain hemorrhage from blunt force trauma to the head.

Police say the case isn't criminal.

Does anyone actually trust a single iota the police come out with?

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

jamie
#10 Posted : 11/27/2010 11:29:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

no
Long live the unwoke.

neverwas
#11 Posted : 11/28/2010 1:33:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

holy shit spiceman. you are one lucky SOB.

It seems to me there are more DMT 'lab' busts happening now. I guess that means DMT is become more recognized in our societies. I see it as good and bad. Good that more people know and can maybe contribute some positivity to their lives and maybe even research. Bad because when things go wrong, busts happen and then of course its demonized.
My name is love, for I am without fear

proto-pax
#12 Posted : 11/28/2010 1:42:29 AM

bird-brain

Holy cow spiceman. That's one intense story.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

Apoc
#13 Posted : 11/28/2010 5:38:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spiceman, that is really unfortunate and fortunate at the same time. May we ask why you were raided? What information did they have on you in order to warrant a search or raid?

LucidJ
#14 Posted : 11/28/2010 3:11:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"DMT lab" ... ok I don't know about you guys but i after an extraction the solvents go in the shed, the pyrex and pots go in the kitchen and the bark and dmt are not sitting out in recognizable form. There is no "lab" to bust. and an extraction (boil and pulls) only takes 2h max. This just seems silly.

It's like getting caught masturbating by the cops. If they catch you, maybe you shouldn't do it standing by the front window.

vibrancy3
#15 Posted : 11/28/2010 5:02:23 PM

Josh

polytrip wrote:
Is it just my paranoia or is there an increase in DMT-related arrests?

soo true, there was the college dmt bust, the cornwall aya bust and a couple more i think

only in space of last 2 months!!!

Limeni
#16 Posted : 11/28/2010 6:19:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

. .
...And don't forget British Customs seizing 26 million tons of DMT...or whatever figure it was the media plucked from the air. Rolling eyes

Touche Guevara
#17 Posted : 11/28/2010 7:29:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Limeni wrote:
. .
...And don't forget British Customs seizing 26 million tons of DMT...or whatever figure it was the media plucked from the air. Rolling eyes

I wonder if this is like how they can find a bag of [x grams] of powder and if it tests positive for [drug] then it's billed as [x grams] of [drug].

We found DMT naturally occurring in the brains of the ENTIRE CREW of a cruise ship! Naturally, we've seized the ship in the largest drug bust in human history.

SKA
#18 Posted : 11/29/2010 12:22:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It's hard to determine what exactly has happened there. One thing I'm pretty sure about is that this must have been seriously foul play.
Amazing how cops just enter a house without permission. Our civil rights just seem to evaporise more every day. Internationally.

And what really stinks is the shere "coincidence" with how this man was screwed over. His Employer called the cops? Why?
And a man who is running a DMT-lab in his house would grant the cops, who had just boldly walked in, permission to search his house?
Obviously if he really HAD been running a home-DMT lab, he would have told the cops to get a search warrant, transport his DMT-lab to a safe location overnight and allow the cops to search his clean house the next day.

Sounds allmost like he was framed for some other, undisclosed purpose. Well if that's the case then they got him good. He's dead now.
A mysterious blunt trauma to the head. Is it me or does his death seem highly suspicious to you guys too?

SWIM has seen the police brutality, hand in hand with the war on Drugs take a harder, more fascist character in his own country too.
The Netherlands also isn't the civil liberty safehaven it used to be anymore. A few years ago people could go about smoking Cannabis in public without having to fear persecution. Nowadays Cannabis smokers who smoke in public are hunted down and fined like criminals. Last time SWIM encountered the police while smoking Cannabis outdoors, he was wrestled into handcuffs, dragged into a police van and thrown into a cel for 4 hours. All this while the cops never had a reason to take him, nor cuff him. They actually lied in their reports stating that SWIM cursed them all. They didn't need to cuff SWIM as he wasn't aggressive. Instead he was merely STONED. Appearantly being stoned or high is treated more and more as a severe crime. We need to stop this.
It seems the international network of free-market fascists are tightening the noose around the psychonaught's necks more and more.

This would be a good time for CEL to rise up and accuse the system of crimes against civilian liberty and inform the public what DMT really is.
CEL should be an organisation that could step in to push trhough and protect the Human right to explore one's own Consciousness.

burnt
#19 Posted : 12/8/2010 4:40:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

A half decent lawyer could get the evidence suppressed. They walked into a house without a warrant and without permission and without being in immediate pursuit. 4th amendment fuck the police.

Kartikay
#20 Posted : 12/8/2010 10:05:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Limeni wrote:
. .

What is this?? Can anyone catch me up to date?

I had a bit of a different interpretation of the article than everyone else seemed to. If someone does not show up to work multiple times or respond to telephone calls from his boss, it is reasonable to think that the boss may call the police and even required in some states and counties. That seems the most likely situation, and the wording of the article seems to calibrate it:
Quote:

At this point, I think the police could have been completely well-intentioned.

This part I find suspicious:
Quote:

I think it's suspicious because 1) the guy was just asleep. Why didn't the calls wake him up? and 2) no one except the police can collaborate the story. However, if someone is reported missing, their house door is found open and no one responds to calls... it is totally within the rights and responsibilities of the police to investigate. Imagine if he were dead or injured.

If the guy really gave them permission to search the house, he's dumb. Enough said.

Does anyone have an update of how he died?
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

12NEXT