DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT»
Acacia confusa & Formosahuasca Options

mindbody
#61 Posted : 5/30/2010 6:57:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dorge wrote:
we really need more research done on tribulus.

OK, I've tried brewing Acacia confusa (1tbsp root bark powder) with Tribulus terrestris (3tbsp whole berries), and, by the large, it did not work (and I am quite certain that this amount of my acacia powder will induce a full-scale ayahuasca trip with 1/2tbsp of Syrian rue). There was a kind of buzz following the ingestion of acacia, but it went away in an hour without further developments. Since the acacia is orally active even without any additives, I wouldn't attribute the effect to tribulus.

On the other hand, I do sense a clear psychoactivity from tribulus taken alone (3tbsp whole dried berries, ground and made into tea): a kind of soft dreamy euphoria.

But it doesn't look like it can be used as a rue substitute (in doses 6 times larger than active doses of rue).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Dorge
#62 Posted : 5/30/2010 7:35:46 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

No one has really had any results in using tribulus for oral activation... Druid dream on the ayahuasca forum I believe has fabricated some of its effects. No one has been able to substantiate that it will work. There may be a possibility that it could work in addition to a changa blend highly concentrated, seeing how harmalas are more effective smoked it seems... but no one has tried that yet.

BTW I love your pics added to the first post! Looks great!
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

mindbody
#63 Posted : 6/5/2010 4:34:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One more bioassay: this time less than 1tbsp of ground Acacia confusa root bark and less than 1/2tbsp of Syrian rue seeds. The simplest preparation possible: the rue seeds ground and combined with the bark, steeped in 3 washes of boiling water, filtered, the residual plant material discarded. The liquid slowly consumed over the course of an hour, resulting in a distinctive two-part trip.

For the first 1.5 hours, a relatively soft trance with all the senses heightened, in particular, strong inner visualizations of muscular postures, combined with spontaneous investigative body movements (trying to feel my body better). Very refreshing.

Then I felt pretty much back to baseline and somewhat hungry. So I ate a bowl of fava bean soup. This resulted in a sharp surge of intoxication, and for the subsequent half-hour, I was propelled into the psychedelic realm familiar from my previous higher-dose acacia trips. This time, it was much more under control, since the dose was smaller and I was more familiar with the effects. In particular, I could maintain my identity throughout and could ground myself firmly for a few seconds every now and then, before returning to the visionary realm. Still, some aspects of the acacia-induced trance are quite overwhelming, even in smaller doses: there was a feeling of being controlled, or connected to something larger than "myself", a sense of myriads of tentacles probing my shoulders, etc. Bright hyper-kinetic "high-tech" colorful geometric visions (equalizer bands and the likes). There was a feeling of strong alertness after returning to the ordinary consciousness. I then took a walk in a park, cooling off.

There have been anecdotal reports that a light meal in the course of ayahuasca trips can provoke a surge in trip intensity. My experience seems to conform with this observation.

Dorge
#64 Posted : 6/5/2010 8:11:50 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

SWIM now has 100gms of this...
SWIM wants to do a STB, but swim also wishes to try it alone in a cold water extraction. sounds like possibly three table spoons would be a good place to start? No Maois added...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

mindbody
#65 Posted : 6/6/2010 1:19:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dorge wrote:
...but swim also wishes to try it alone in a cold water extraction. sounds like possibly three table spoons would be a good place to start? No Maois added...

I've obtained strong effects from 5tbsp of ground bark and soft effects from 3tbsp of ground bark, but the preparations were a decoction and an infusion, respectively, not cold water extractions. I'd recommend making a tea from 3tbsp of ground root bark and drinking it gradually monitoring the effects. (Acacia is easier for me to drink than mimosa: the taste is similar, though a little sharper, but it lacks the sludgy character of mimosa brew.) The "overdose" has been quite horrifying for me, but I presume you are experienced with smoked DMT, and more likely to be able to handle the effects.

Is your bark Asian or Oceanic? If you do not obtain any effects from your material taken orally without additives, and still interested in experimentation, I am willing to send you a small sample of my Taiwanese root bark (I realize now that what I've brought back is close to being a lifetime supply, so I can afford sharing.)

Dorge
#66 Posted : 6/6/2010 1:57:12 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

That would be wonderful thank you for the offer.
What SWIM has is from psychoactive herbs site. SWIM does not know if it is from taiwan or if it is oceanic. DO you think there is a difference?
SWIM will have to find out via bio assays...

Dorge
#67 Posted : 6/6/2010 2:11:27 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

BTW 3 tbsp's is 14 grams aprox.

Dorge
#68 Posted : 6/6/2010 2:30:05 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

OK first off... SWIM has NEVER... EVER... brewed up a Spice containing plant and literally SMELLED spice before like this. It nearly smells like extracted spice, and strongly but with that sort of earthy root scent underlying it. SWIM is blown away just by the smell.

mindbody
#69 Posted : 6/6/2010 2:38:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dorge wrote:
What SWIM has is from psychoactive herbs site. SWIM does not know if it is from taiwan or if it is oceanic.

They seemed to imply that their bark is Taiwanese when I talked to them.

Dorge wrote:
DO you think there is a difference?

I wish I knew! All I know at the moment are the results of my bioassays on a particular batch of acacia, and claims that it has been used quite consistently in ayahuasca sessions in Taiwan. I wouldn't dare making any guesses about genetic, environmental and seasonal variability of the tryptamine content of the root bark!

Dorge wrote:
BTW 3 tbsp's is 14 grams aprox.

Thanks for the info. If that's the case, one can say I am getting powerful ayahuasca trips from 4-7g of dried root bark.

mindbody
#70 Posted : 6/6/2010 2:40:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dorge wrote:
OK first off... SWIM has NEVER... EVER... brewed up a Spice containing plant and literally SMELLED spice before like this. It nearly smells like extracted spice, and strongly but with that sort of earthy root scent underlying it. SWIM is blown away just by the smell.

I am not familiar with the smell of pure DMT, but I confirm that the acacia brew has a strong characteristic "chemical" pungency.

Safe voyage for you! Please let us know how it goes. Wink

Dorge
#71 Posted : 6/6/2010 2:45:39 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

mindbody wrote:

Thanks for the info. If that's the case, one can say I am getting powerful ayahuasca trips from 4-7g of dried root bark.

Thats is a very small and wonderful amount...
SWIM wonders about smoking caapi leaf concentrate with the 14 grams alone.

SWIM will let ya'll know...

mindbody
#72 Posted : 6/6/2010 3:07:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dorge wrote:
SWIM wonders about smoking caapi leaf concentrate with the 14 grams alone.

I've been thinking of extracting 1tbsp in high-proof alcohol, evaporating, basifying with lime, depositing on oregano and smoking in a waterpipe... Would be a great "grassroots" all-natural smoking technique, if it works. (I have no inclination to mess with solvents, nor do I see the purity of extracted alkaloids as something of great importance, unless the purification process is aimed at removing toxins.)

Dorge
#73 Posted : 6/6/2010 3:10:53 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

NOW THATS and idea...

SWIM has also been wondering about these sorts of methods for a long time can one make it easier and more ecologically friendly?
That would make for a perfect changa.
SWIM will try this out as well.

mindbody
#74 Posted : 6/6/2010 3:26:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dorge wrote:
SWIM will try this out as well.

Yes, that would be great!
Is your root bark tea ready yet?
(I am quite impatient to hear whether you feel anything from it...)

Dorge
#75 Posted : 6/6/2010 3:29:55 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

its ready...
SWIMS friend is going to drink it soon as swim is on some medications.
You know another thing... IF this is orally active all by itself... then there is no reason why it could not be put in an ethanol tincture for a few weeks strained and then taken orally. It would seem a really easy and effective method...

mindbody
#76 Posted : 6/6/2010 3:36:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dorge wrote:
IF this is orally active all by itself... then there is no reason why it could not be put in an ethanol tincture for a few weeks strained and then taken orally. It would seem a really easy and effective method...

Depends on individual tastes, but for me nothing is simpler (and more eco-friendly, for that matter) than making a tea.

Dorge
#77 Posted : 6/6/2010 8:49:51 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

very true and very up to taste!

mindbody
#78 Posted : 6/6/2010 10:34:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dorge wrote:
very true and very up to taste!

So have you (or your friend) tasted it yet?

Dorge
#79 Posted : 6/6/2010 5:30:54 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

it was light at two table spoons but definitely there. this works...

mindbody
#80 Posted : 6/6/2010 10:53:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dorge wrote:
it was light at two table spoons but definitely there. this works...

Well, this is great! Perhaps you could be brave and try 4-5 tbsp to see if you get a full-blown trip (our sensitivity/material potency combination seems similar). If you do get a full-blown trip, we have a good reason to expect that it will work for a substantial number of people (perhaps not all). But I would not recommend trying such amounts with any additional MAOI (I wouldn't even imagine what that would feel like!).

«PREV23456NEXT»