CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Black out and Drop out from the trip Options

Triptofaun
#1 Posted : 1/23/2024 11:35:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I haven't been able to trip DMT properly for three years now.
Every time the substance takes me away and I get into the "waiting room", the all bright colors around me start to darken sharply, the trip starts trying to scare me and the lights just go out. And I drop out to the real world.
I am forced to open my eyes, but my body continues to experience the effects of the substance. My body continues to breathe deeply and goes through the trip to the end. But when my eyes are open, I have the usual reality.

The few times I mixed LSD or MDMA and DMT I got a good trip.
Sexual energy is the only one energy that we have, said the Mexican shaman Don Juan Matus.

So why then we shoud waste it on procreation, when we can open an endless universe of incredible discoveries?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Pandora
#2 Posted : 1/23/2024 5:10:13 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Triptofaun,

So sorry to read this. It sounds very frustrating.

I feel compelled to ask because I know this is a factor for a lot of people, . . . . are you on prescription medications? If so, some of them can affect and even shut down (benzos) trip effects.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Triptofaun
#3 Posted : 1/23/2024 6:22:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes. I think too... But I use benzos about 12 years (for sleeping) and this "shut doun effects" 3 past years only... I have problems with dreeming... I will change pils to some one another (GABA/Atarax)
Sexual energy is the only one energy that we have, said the Mexican shaman Don Juan Matus.

So why then we shoud waste it on procreation, when we can open an endless universe of incredible discoveries?

Falcata
#4 Posted : 1/27/2024 1:41:00 PM

Falca

Triptofaun wrote:
Yes. I think too... But I use benzos about 12 years (for sleeping) and this "shut doun effects" 3 past years only... I have problems with dreeming... I will change pils to some one another (GABA/Atarax)

Hi, you could try the following

Pairing the trip attempt with DMT at a time when you have gone many hours without taking the benzos.

Say, if you only take them at night, take DMT at the time you should be taking the benzo's, trying to get to about 24 hours without taking them. If you also take them in the morning, then try not taking them in the morning and wait until noon, take DMT and when you get back from the trip, take the benzodiazepine you should have taken in the morning.

Doing it this way I have had good results with people with the same case as you.

On the other hand, I can assume you have done your own research. I don't mean to be nosy. But just to remind you that you can't do total abstinence from a benzo, I knew a person who told me that his first suicide attempt was because he quit benzos overnight and it plunged him into a really destructive state. Abstinence must be gradual and very controlled.

This person told me how he managed to quit. There was a video that explained it, he told me that this video saved his life, but I have been looking for it for a few hours and I suspect that the youtube channel has disappeared and although there are many ways and videos that can help you in the same way, I leave here written how it was the way:

We take a tablet and with a file we remove less than 10% of it, this filed tablet will serve us as a template, during one week, all the tablets that we are going to take we must file them using the first template that we have done as a guide.

The second week, we file another bit of the initial template and repeat the process.

Repeat.

It is a really long process until you get to take a small weekly portion and finally give up this substance completely.

I wish you all the best.
"Nosce te ipsum"

acacian
#5 Posted : 1/28/2024 12:13:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That is good advice from Falcata.

I also agree that benzos may be 'dulling' your experiences. However if the aim is to take DMT when you're not on benzos, I would do so when you are actually off them.. which means through the withdrawals and all. Smoking DMT when you are 24 hrs or so off, after a 10 yr habit, will probably mean blasting off in a pretty unpleasant state of withdrawal, which has it's risks.. both psychologically and physically. I'm sure you're aware of the potential seizures when going cold turkey. But also consider the state of mind you will be in when you partake..

Sure, it could go positively and give some helpful insights.. you might even feel a little better afterwards.. inspired to keep going without benzos (if that is what you even want).. but it could also go the other way and have unpleasant effects on your journey.. and an unpleasant DMT experience when you are in the thick of withdrawal anxiety .. I dunno.. that worries me. It could put you in an even worse place than you were when you went in..

Its just hard to say what will happen. I have found DMT tremendously helpful in reinforcing a positive mindset to move forward when dealing with opiate withdrawals in the past, but opiates are a different beast and carry less physical/psychological risk during withdrawal IMO. Either way, I think we can agree that making the effort to kick benzos would probably be a good thing to do regardless. Maybe a big DMT trip could be one of the many lights at the end of that tunnel.

Good luck Triptofaun, with whatever decision you make Smile

Triptofaun
#6 Posted : 1/28/2024 11:15:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Now I'm on Prozac and Atarax - I've been without benzos for a week. But I won’t start with trips until my brain recovers. After using benzodiazepines for a long time, it takes a long time for the neurons of the brain to wake up and everything becomes the same, or better.

Thanks for the help!