DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Salty Tea EtOAc Tek by ModernGrower Options

Loveall
#21 Posted : 11/15/2023 11:41:40 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

So many things can affect xtal growth. From slow growing long xtals to quickly crashing fine powder it is mot something I worry about anymore.

Did you ever check your fridge temperature?
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

modern
#22 Posted : 11/16/2023 12:34:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I did; the fridge is at 3C. I think it maybe that I put the covered beakers into another glass so the smell of the EtOAc didn't leak but it still did. Maybe if I kept it longer in the fridge it would have worked fine.

Thanks for the info on the crystal growth... I won't try too many but would like to see if a slightly drier solvent does better. But I'm in no rush atleast now I don't get goo and fridge doesn't smell of EtOAc.

Loveall
#23 Posted : 11/16/2023 4:55:32 PM

❤️‍🔥

modern wrote:
I did; the fridge is at 3C. I think it maybe that I put the covered beakers into another glass so the smell of the EtOAc didn't leak but it still did. Maybe if I kept it longer in the fridge it would have worked fine.

Thanks for the info on the crystal growth... I won't try too many but would like to see if a slightly drier solvent does better. But I'm in no rush atleast now I don't get goo and fridge doesn't smell of EtOAc.

That temp should be good. The tek uses sealed jars, not sure what happens with something else.

Twilight Person
#24 Posted : 11/16/2023 9:25:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I did; the fridge is at 3C.

I also did, even pumped my fridge down to a value that some stuff became frozen. ANYTHING gave goo. Never got crystals from anything fridge related. But now in freezer I just get normal CIELO product. So well we could be struck by the same grudge but I think I am over it now.

Cheers
~ O ~

modern
#25 Posted : 11/16/2023 10:13:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yea if someone is getting goo even with the fridge rest they can salt at 25g/100ml at 1:1 ratio is what I've test. OR Freeze like 'Twilight Person' which I've seen others suggest as well.

downwardsfromzero
#26 Posted : 11/16/2023 11:08:56 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Is it possible that some people have been getting goo because their fridges were too cold? Brennendes Wasser mentioned that goo could arise in conditions where there was insufficient water for successful formation of the monomescaline dihydrogen citrate x-hydrate crystals (where 'x' is me neither remembering the exact value nor bothering to look it up...)

The EtOAc may simply be too dry, so how about easing back the refrigeration to about 8°C - what temperature are your fridges, crystal wizards? (Lookin' at you, Loveall Wink )

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Brennendes Wasser
#27 Posted : 11/16/2023 11:34:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

So within that test it did not give goo when *too dry* :/

Instead it simply made a white layer of dust on top of the glass, but still being full precipitation. It is simply hard to remove so anyways not desirable at all. But from that 1 test only it looked like

NO water = whitish plaque on surface (but still 100 % yield at least in my case, so only other crystals you may say)
correct amount of water = CIELO crystals
too much water = goo

downwardsfromzero
#28 Posted : 11/17/2023 2:01:02 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Brennendes Wasser wrote:

Instead it simply made a white layer of dust on top of the glass, but still being full precipitation. It is simply hard to remove so anyways not desirable at all. But from that 1 test only it looked like

NO water = whitish plaque on surface (but still 100 % yield at least in my case, so only other crystals you may say)
too much water = goo

Ah, OK - I seem to have remembered something completely incorrectly or have lost my basic reading comprehension skills, so that previous post of mine can be disregarded.

Thanks for the clarification Big grin

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Loveall
#29 Posted : 11/17/2023 12:18:26 PM

❤️‍🔥

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Brennendes Wasser wrote:

too much water = goo

Ah, OK - I seem to have remembered something completely incorrectly or have lost my basic reading comprehension skills, so that previous post of mine can be disregarded.

Thanks for the clarification Big grin

It has been reported that too little water does cause issues from a hard goo to no reaction.

It could be that depending on several variables the issues at low water are varied. The type of citric acid (anhydrous or not) may start to matter a lot at low water levels.

shroombee
#30 Posted : 11/17/2023 8:32:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
It has been reported that too little water does cause issues from a hard goo to no reaction.

It could be that depending on several variables the issues at low water are varied. The type of citric acid (anhydrous or not) may start to matter a lot at low water levels.

So how about fully drying the extract, then using citric acid monohydrate?

modern
#31 Posted : 11/17/2023 8:43:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes too dry I get an annoying dark goo that doesn't move. If I get goo at-least be the transparent water-like goo.

So after finishing up with the salt tea extraction I decided to reread most of the extraction on the wiki and saw that for dmt there was a salt tek as well. They would base with lye and add salt which like here caused extra alkaloids to be forced out of the aqueous layer.

I did have a small amount of impurities that was water soluble. I had a thin layer of white on the glass of the beakers. I added warm 99+% isopropanol and it didn't remove it. I collected all the iso only 2-3 mL and froze it maybe 1 tiny shard formed. I then added hot water to the beakers and they dissolved everything without issue. I then placed onto a watch glass and evaporated. There was a tiny amount of 'goo/oils' and a very fine offwhite powder. Is that mescaline citrate powder?

My extractions have all been on the small side so there isn't enough material to test activity levels. I would like to try this in the future especially with lophophora to see if other alkaloids can be pulled together.

My scale if not accurate enough that it wasn't able to even weigh the mescaline crystals. :S
modern attached the following image(s):
IMG_7400.JPG (1,361kb) downloaded 27 time(s).
IMG_7413.JPG (1,711kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
IMG_7417.JPG (2,218kb) downloaded 25 time(s).

Loveall
#32 Posted : 11/17/2023 9:14:57 PM

❤️‍🔥

shroombee wrote:
Loveall wrote:

So how about fully drying the extract, then using citric acid monohydrate?

Would be interested to try. That and added citric acid saturated water to a completely dry extract. Or half saturated, ect.

PREV12