armin
#1 Posted : 11/3/2023 12:45:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OK ... introduce yourself they said Big grin
I'm a mid 30s guy. Living in a middle-east country
being here calms my anxiety for working with lye

My main forte is mushroom growing/cultivation. Decided to try extracting spice
Read all of teks in here in past month
Bought shit ton of unnecessary lab equipment and ingredients cause I'm an impulsive buyer

I was going to do cyb's max ion tek first
And I got an expensive 1000 ml separatory flask with a 5kg stand
Which most dmt teks have no use for it 🤣

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Freebase69
#2 Posted : 11/3/2023 12:51:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the forum, and the anonymous Nexus drug community. Learn, Share, Expand.
You got the equiptments. Which plant material will you be extracting?

armin
#3 Posted : 11/3/2023 3:27:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Freebase 🙏
I only have access to MHRB
I want to start with 50 gr

Someone in chat suggested that I do a filtration after acid phase in Cyb tek then use the funnel.
Is it true that Cyb max ion is the max yield tek here?

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=44707

I got 2 buchner funnels and round filter papers (but no vacuum filtration device) + cloth bags that can act as an filter.
We are very far from Amazons so I don't want to waste 50 gr with my mistakes 😅

Freebase69
#4 Posted : 11/3/2023 3:44:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

armin wrote:
Thank you Freebase 🙏
I only have access to MHRB
I want to start with 50 gr

Someone in chat suggested that I do a filtration after acid phase in Cyb tek then use the funnel.
Is it true that Cyb max ion is the max yield tek here?

I got 2 buchner funnels and round filter papers (but no vacuum filtration device) + cloth bags that can act as an filter.
We are very far from Amazons so I don't want to waste 50 gr with my mistakes 😅

I've never done Cyb tek so cant say to much about. MHRB is popular source of DMT. Your looking to vaporize it I suppose? Depending on how you intend on administering the DMT can sometimes determine which tek is best for you, also availability of equiptment and chemicles, and preferences. Filtering the tea is always good idea. Cotton balls in a funnel while decanting the initial soup is handy, then I'd usually gravity filter it by letting the tea sit for upto 6 hours for finer dust particles to collect on the bottom then siphon off the liquid portion disgarding the sediment, before basifying or first defatting with non polar solvent in your separatory flask.

armin
#5 Posted : 11/3/2023 7:00:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes I want to Vaporize it
What tek would you recommend?

Great tip. I was totally forgetting about decanting 😅
It will help a lot. Maybe even let it sit in a fridge for few hours.

Freebase69
#6 Posted : 11/3/2023 7:30:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

armin wrote:

Well you have a 1000ml separatory flask so A/B teck would be best choice. Use the seperatory funnel to siphon out the basified liquid from the non polar solvent. See here for DMT extraction tecks. If you're going to vaporize it you'd want pretty clean and pure DMT crystals, so will be a longer process to re cystalised and remove contaminates, but you should be pleased with the end products.

pantostao
#7 Posted : 11/3/2023 1:36:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's 1000 ml, not $, I hope Smile

I agree with Freebase69, your best bet is to make an A/B tek, because that's the only one that can use a separatory funnel without clogging it with plant material.

I made a similar "mistake" as OP, I bought a separatory funnel without even thinking about how I was going to use it. At first, I didn't use it at all, I started my experiments with StB teks.

After a few tries, I went for a Cyb's tek, but again, StB without the acid steps. Next time, I tried the same tek, but AtB (with acid step, but without filtering plant material).

Finally, on the next time I tried filtering the plant material during the acid step, thus ending with an A/B tek. This made possible to use the separatory funnel, and I ended up with a pretty good yield (~ 2.3%) of the whitest crystals ever.

If you want to use your funnel, you need to filter the plant material from the acid solution before basifying. I usually do this by decanting for a few hours, then passing the solution through a coarse filter (cheese cloth) and then through finer lab filter paper (I guess coffee filters would work too). If the filter clogs, it's easier to throw it over a new one than trying to pass the solution through the old one.

When I first read the teks, I thought filtering was going to be the most tedious step, that's why I avoided it for so long. But it isn't as messy as it sounds like, It's quite easy, and you only need a bit of patience.

So... yeah, good luck with your extractions Smile Keep us informed Smile

Pandora
#8 Posted : 11/3/2023 1:51:30 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

armin,

Welcome to the Nexus.

Yeah, no need for fancy, overpriced equipment. And a separatory funnel is best when you want the bottom fraction, rather than the top one. I have to admit, I really do love my pippettes.

In terms of TEK's I'm a believer in keeping it simple, in particular if you don't have a lot of experience. Straight to Base, like Noman's DMT for the Masses will definitely get you the product you desire.

Regardless, I hope it works out and am glad you have signed up.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Sakkadelic
#9 Posted : 11/3/2023 3:18:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi armin,

welcome to the nexus! a middle eastern fellow here Big grin

I suggest to keep it safe and simple for your first extraction, if you have a good understanding of the extraction process you will have good results.

Good luck Thumbs up
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

Voidmatrix
#10 Posted : 11/3/2023 6:35:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Ha! I bought more equipment than necessary for both DMT extraction and mushroom cultivationLaughing

Welcome to the party. Happy to have you and a pleasure to meet you.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

armin
#11 Posted : 11/5/2023 11:13:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Freebase69 wrote:
armin wrote:

Well you have a 1000ml separatory flask so A/B teck would be best choice. Use the seperatory funnel to siphon out the basified liquid from the non polar solvent. See here for DMT extraction tecks. If you're going to vaporize it you'd want pretty clean and pure DMT crystals, so will be a longer process to re cystalised and remove contaminates, but you should be pleased with the end products.

Thank you. I will look at A/B teks again
And will fridge decant for sure.

armin
#12 Posted : 11/5/2023 11:21:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pantostao wrote:

I agree with Freebase69, your best bet is to make an A/B tek, because that's the only one that can use a separatory funnel without clogging it with plant material.

I made a similar "mistake" as OP, I bought a separatory funnel without even thinking about how I was going to use it. At first, I didn't use it at all, I started my experiments with StB teks.

After a few tries, I went for a Cyb's tek, but again, StB without the acid steps. Next time, I tried the same tek, but AtB (with acid step, but without filtering plant material).

Finally, on the next time I tried filtering the plant material during the acid step, thus ending with an A/B tek. This made possible to use the separatory funnel, and I ended up with a pretty good yield (~ 2.3%) of the whitest crystals ever.

If you want to use your funnel, you need to filter the plant material from the acid solution before basifying. I usually do this by decanting for a few hours, then passing the solution through a coarse filter (cheese cloth) and then through finer lab filter paper (I guess coffee filters would work too). If the filter clogs, it's easier to throw it over a new one than trying to pass the solution through the old one.

When I first read the teks, I thought filtering was going to be the most tedious step, that's why I avoided it for so long. But it isn't as messy as it sounds like, It's quite easy, and you only need a bit of patience.

So... yeah, good luck with your extractions Smile Keep us informed Smile

Thank you so much for this detailed write up. I will use your experience and jump to the part when you filtered after acid step. I got 2 buchner funnels and 400 lab paper filters and some cheese cloth bags 😁

So

1- fridge decant (kinda like cold crashing in wine/beer making)
2- then use cheese cloth
3- using lab filters

I will post the results 🙏

armin
#13 Posted : 11/5/2023 11:26:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pantostao wrote:

God no! 😅
All the equipment I bought costed 200$ (They are all made in China)
But If you add 100gr MHRB to expenses it will be 2 months salary here 😂

P.s: 2 4% is awesome yield 💪

armin
#14 Posted : 11/5/2023 11:33:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pandora wrote:
armin,

Welcome to the Nexus.

Yeah, no need for fancy, overpriced equipment. And a separatory funnel is best when you want the bottom fraction, rather than the top one. I have to admit, I really do love my pippettes.

In terms of TEK's I'm a believer in keeping it simple, in particular if you don't have a lot of experience. Straight to Base, like Noman's DMT for the Masses will definitely get you the product you desire.

Regardless, I hope it works out and am glad you have signed up.

Thank you. Because MHRB is like 10X the price on European countries I decided to pick the fancy "most yield" road.

I got a 25ml pippet too + a pippet filler (wheeled)
I'm gonna use it. But maybe 10 ml was better for me.

I'm glad that I posted here
You guys are very nice

armin
#15 Posted : 11/5/2023 11:38:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sakkadelic wrote:
Hi armin,

welcome to the nexus! a middle eastern fellow here Big grin

I suggest to keep it safe and simple for your first extraction, if you have a good understanding of the extraction process you will have good results.

Good luck Thumbs up

Wow. Nice to meet you bro 👍
Nexus is really multi national
I even saw posts from a member ... His signature was a Farsi poem

armin
#16 Posted : 11/5/2023 11:44:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Ha! I bought more equipment than necessary for both DMT extraction and mushroom cultivationLaughing

One love

Thank you 🙏

Dude we need to do something about this habit of ours. I started shrooms with agar work from the beginning (never got any contam) But now I just do spawn to spawn transfers. So again lots of unnecessary stuff 🙄

Voidmatrix
#17 Posted : 11/5/2023 11:48:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

armin wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

One love

Thank you 🙏

Dude we need to do something about this habit of ours. I started shrooms with agar work from the beginning (never got any contam) But now I just do spawn to spawn transfers. So again lots of unnecessary stuff 🙄

Some say mastery of mushroom cultivation lies in working with agar. It's also great if you're collecting genetics. If you're just growing what you can and don't care much for a multitude of genetic varieties, one can't go wrong with grain to grain transfer and such.

I actually have a bunch of extraction stuff set aside to give a friend. I have way too many jars Laughing

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

armin
#18 Posted : 11/6/2023 6:27:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
armin wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

One love

Thank you 🙏

Some say mastery of mushroom cultivation lies in working with agar. It's also great if you're collecting genetics. If you're just growing what you can and don't care much for a multitude of genetic varieties, one can't go wrong with grain to grain transfer and such.

I actually have a bunch of extraction stuff set aside to give a friend. I have way too many jars Laughing

One love

Yep. I agree with them. Actually I did agar mostly for personal satisfaction. feels good to become a master at something.
Maybe this is the reason for picking complicated teks for first time. I want to get there ASAP while I have the passion 😁

Genetic-wise I only do GT and APE (My personal choice is GT)

When I find a good Gen I use slants. They tend to last more
But I know few people that do that ... so why bother anymore 😅

Me too. But I plan to give most of my myco equipment away
I'm getting too old for moving this many heavy tubs Smile
Maybe start some outdoor growing for fun and personal use.

armin
#19 Posted : 11/10/2023 12:29:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Guys I found a post on reddit. He used a sep funnel with max ion tek
He did exactly the thing you suggested. Filtering after acid phase.

https://www.reddit.com/r...max_ion_tek_and_results/

downwardsfromzero
#20 Posted : 11/10/2023 5:19:42 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

armin wrote:
Guys I found a post on reddit. He used a sep funnel with max ion tek
He did exactly the thing you suggested. Filtering after acid phase.

https://www.reddit.com/r...max_ion_tek_and_results/

This is essentially standard practice in a chemistry lab so that shouldn't be too surprising.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

123NEXT