CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Grafting Fresh tips onto damaged mother Options

antichode
#1 Posted : 11/1/2023 9:54:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a question for the pro's. In my mind it makes sense and have successfully grafted different genetics onto each other as is common. I just wondered if you can do it with the same stock?

I have this rare bridgessii clone which got tip damage when I first received it. Im looking at the pup and thinking I could graft it onto the main stem, do you think it would work?

This is purely for aesthetics. My other plan is to just let it grow out and pup a few more times then prune it right back and replant the pups. but that is a few years in the making at least.

antichode attached the following image(s):
IMG_7606.JPG (100kb) downloaded 34 time(s).
IMG_7605.JPG (125kb) downloaded 35 time(s).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 11/2/2023 2:34:24 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

No expert but I've done "cut and shut" grafts before - they leave an indented, scarred band which slowly (~7 years) levels out as a crusted area as the cactus ages. There's quite a size mismatch between mother and pup so if you're concerned with aesthetics the cuts will have to be made at their thinnest and widest points respectively. Maybe give it another year/growing season?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

antichode
#3 Posted : 11/2/2023 5:46:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That’s wise advice, patience is probably called for. It’s entirely likely that bugs get hold if I do try and graft and I end up with less stem and no pup for another year, whereas it’s perfectly happy right now. I’ll let go of the idea. Thanks.