CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Question about IPA re-x Options

navegandouniversos
#1 Posted : 10/19/2023 11:03:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi friends

what do you think about making a re-x with mescaline, with an excess of citric acid, extracted with xylene ,, a friend makes an A/B , and he used a large quantity of CA, so, yesterday when we talked, I thought about IPA re-x.

He told me about his extract, that he wanted to use one gram to feel the effects.

So thanks so much friendsThumbs up

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Loveall
#2 Posted : 10/19/2023 11:22:32 PM

โค๏ธโ€🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Yeah, that should work to remove excess citric acid. May have to use enough IPA to dissolve all of it.

I wouldn't salt from xylene of course. It is hard to titrate exactly without ending up with excess CA. and the water layer can carry impurities which can depend on the pH (lower pH more potential for water soluble impurities).
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

navegandouniversos
#3 Posted : 10/20/2023 3:38:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks loveall,

So, he maked a mistake salting the xylene? ,, he used some recipe from erowid like he said, I didn´t read it yet.

Did you make that kind of extract ?

And, enough IPA to clean means that he should make a calculate with the quantity of mescaline before IPA re-x ???

Twilight Person
#4 Posted : 10/21/2023 3:22:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think citric acid does not dissolve in toluene. So i think that step would make no sense, if it already takes long in ethyl acetate. So i would assume no citric acid dissolved at all and you got all your citric acid left and the alkaloids still in your solvent?
~ O ~

Loveall
#5 Posted : 10/21/2023 4:38:21 PM

โค๏ธโ€🔥

navegandouniversos wrote:
thanks loveall,

So, he maked a mistake salting the xylene? ,, he used some recipe from erowid like he said, I didn´t read it yet.

Did you make that kind of extract ?

And, enough IPA to clean means that he should make a calculate with the quantity of mescaline before IPA re-x ???

Not necessarily a mistake. It is possible to not have excess citric acid, just not trivial.

If there is a a big drop in weight during re-X, there was excess citric acid (and I would repeat the re-X until a big drop in weight doesnt happen). If there isn't a big drop then there wasn't a lot of excess citric.

Loveall
#6 Posted : 10/21/2023 4:41:13 PM

โค๏ธโ€🔥

Twilight Person wrote:
I think citric acid does not dissolve in toluene. So i think that step would make no sense, if it already takes long in ethyl acetate. So i would assume no citric acid dissolved at all and you got all your citric acid left and the alkaloids still in your solvent?

It's an standard A/B where xylene is pulled with citric acid in water and then dried. Just a brute force generic A/B process step, not specialized/tuned for cacti and mescaline like CIELO is.

navegandouniversos
#7 Posted : 10/22/2023 4:47:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Not necessarily a mistake. It is possible to not have excess citric acid, just not trivial.

If there is a a big drop in weight during re-X, there was excess citric acid (and I would repeat the re-X until a big drop in weight doesnt happen). If there isn't a big drop then there wasn't a lot of excess citric.

thank you I'll give that orientation to himThumbs up