CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Is there any DMT containing plant worth cultivating Options

_Trip_
#21 Posted : 10/19/2023 8:50:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Data discrepancies could be down to where the station is located and website limitations etc. Also I don't think this year has been updated for Mt Buffalo's weather data. I would think Acacia phlebophylla has a good chance at lower temps and perhaps prolong cold temps as it snows every year at Mt Buffalo. I would say however it regularly snow/ gets colder further in land, further north and at lower altitudes.

For example Bathurst in NSW has had lows of -10c and Armidale further north gets lows of -11c - -12c. this is quite a few degrees cooler than Mt Buffalo despite 1000m elevation difference and the fact it is located further south. What I'm getting at is perhaps natives local to those areas could be more cold hardy than at Mt Buffalo. They would also likely be more heat hardy too. So Acacia floribunda (which i think is found in Armidale) could technically be more cold hardy than Mt Buffalo wattle? Worth an experiment.

It would not surprise me if there are a nice number of active acacia's that can handler colder temps. Keep in mind A. phleb is one of the few acacia's that can thrive and tolerate pots well.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

acacian
#22 Posted : 10/19/2023 9:17:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am in the latter area you mentioned (A) Smile .. the little phlebs have handled everything that our winter threw at them this season.. In fact they germinated during this time. To me if a seedling just a few days old can survive the cold here - then I suspect matured specimens will probably do okay in even colder conditions.

Floribunda is happy as larry up here.. they are commonly planted around the area and once established, are not phased by the harsh climate. Even during juvenile stage will survive.. young specimens grown from seed in Victoria are also doing well.. dormant during the winter but has taken off with Spring. I wasn't sure how seed from warmer areas would do but so far is looking very good. It was one of the only species that consistently braved the cold..

Species like A. longifolia also do fine up here although are not commonly cultivated.. juvenile stage might be a bit trickier though.

Thats great to know about phleb tolerating pots well.. I'm a way off owning a place so renting is unfortunately a reality for the foreseeable future.

Actives from the tablelands areas need more research.. there are a couple more uncommon sources, but hoping to figure out some of the more common ones.. Acacia implexa has shown some promise

_Trip_
#23 Posted : 10/19/2023 10:21:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm building up a few samples at the moment. Just make sure the phlebs have good drainage if using pots they'll require more watering in summer. They literally grow in pockets of granite naturally, which is why I theorize they do so well in pots. Just remember they do need drainage and like most Australian acacias don't require compost or heavy fertilizers.

Freebase69
#24 Posted : 10/29/2023 5:07:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I always thought sensitive plant (mimosa pudica) was a good candidate. It is small shrub and fast growing and is said to contain DMT. Imagine that, DMT made from a plant which seems to be more alive than most others. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimosa_pudica

yentzee
#25 Posted : 10/29/2023 6:09:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Location: somewhere between present past and future if there is such a thing
Thanks a lot for your answers.
I ordered seeds of A. Acuminata (narrow) as well as A. Floribunda (just found 1 vendor so no idea if those are any good) and I will try. I thought to raise them indoors to a certain height first, then leaving them on the balcony and if they are fine trying to put some in the park.
Unfortunately solar panels just don't seem strong enough (at least not at a reasonable size and price) to be put up to charge a battery that during night just very gently powers a heating strip and pulling mains of a street light probably isn't going to last very long until spotted Sad

BundleflowerPower
#26 Posted : 10/29/2023 8:28:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think psychotria can be a good fit for your place. It grows in the forest understory, therefore inside the house can work in the freezing months, as the forest understory has low light. Then in the warmer months one can move the plants outside. Perhaps plant them in the ground, and create a green house around them for the next freezing months. Or simply leave them in pots and bring them back in when it gets too cold again.

yentzee
#27 Posted : 10/30/2023 12:00:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the tip.
I haven't considered this one so far as I was under the impression it needs a certain level of humidity.
If grown indoors is it realistic to collect a certain amount of leaves over the time that allow extraction? It doesn't need to serve as a source to cover the needs but it would be nice if it could be used maybe once a year or so.
Also can dropped leaves just be collected and stored until there are enough of them? Considering that the compound seems pretty stable within the mhrb rootbark that should be ok, shouldn't it?
I suppose proper harvesting of the plant wouldn't be the best thing to do if it should be kept alive. The leaves look pretty tall, I read 0,3 - 0,6 % alkaloids. Do you have any idea how many leaves are needed to lets say source a gram under ideal conditions?
There certainly would be space for another plant or more but it seems to be quite demanding on being watered and I don't know if I want to have that "responsibility" just for decorative purposes, especially considering that there are some monotubs that need to be taken care of as well.
I think I saw that there are different types of psychotria - are there any to favor about the others?

_Trip_
#28 Posted : 10/30/2023 12:11:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Unless you can keep up the humidity pyschotria is going to be hard to grow. Even the active hybrid 'nexus' requires humidity to grow despite being crossed with p. carthagenensis (which I believes requires less humidity and can tolerate colder conditions).

the red squirrel
#29 Posted : 10/30/2023 2:28:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Currently, I have like 20 medium-sized P. viridis growing indoors & I can say it is a real hassle to keep them healthyConfused...

You have to keep the humidity constantly up (they grow now in large closed plastic boxes where I keep the humidity up by spraying them with rainwater every couple of days). I've noticed that as soon as the humidity isn't between 70 - 90% (which are the values of an average rainforest), the leaf primordia start to crumble as they develop into mature leaves. As a result, these leaves don't develop completely and have an awful wrinkled unhealthy shape.

Then I also have a problem with giving the P. viridis optimal light. As they are understory growth of a rainforest they don't receive direct sunlight (which results in brown burnt leaves) so I'm currently figuring out how I can give them optimal indoor light with my LED growth lamps.

In the meanwhile, I've collected a lot of fallen leaves as these plants are several years old now but I hadn't yet performed an extraction yet to see what the yield could be (shame shame). But the leaves are happily staying in the freezer until I've found some time and a good TEK to perform an extraction Cool . Altogether, I would say that growing P. viridis is a good choice if you're also up for a challenge regarding having to deal with botanical difficulties of growing rainforest plants indoors!
May there be peace and love and perfection throughout all creation
~ John Coltrane

yentzee
#30 Posted : 10/30/2023 6:06:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That sounds interesting.
However it seems that a greenhouse or any other closed environment is needed to deliver the humidity. If you have that I think things like temperature, ph, humidity, light cycles, watering etc could easily be automated using an arduino or any other mcu. No need to spray you probably could use ultrasonic air humidifiers.

brokedownpalace10
#31 Posted : 10/30/2023 8:26:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Acacia implexa actually shoed zone 6 hardy on one website I was on, although it only shoed hardiness down to -7c on another. I'm zone 6, so I'd be interested in any info on that.

yentzee
#32 Posted : 11/3/2023 1:40:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, my seeds of A floribunda arrived today. I will let them start germinating once the mini greenhouses are not occupied anymore, probably within the next weeks, and keep you updated.
Have a nice weekend everyone Smile

acacian
#33 Posted : 11/4/2023 7:57:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

brokedownpalace10 wrote:
Acacia implexa actually shoed zone 6 hardy on one website I was on, although it only shoed hardiness down to -7c on another. I'm zone 6, so I'd be interested in any info on that.

Acacia implexa can comfortably go below -7c.. they grow everywhere around here - where below -7 is not uncommon and they shrug it off like its nothing. Very beautiful plant too.. I know of someone who tested it and found it very potent.

So far there's really no data that I know of as far as it's alkaloid content.. and no one to my knowledge online has ever even posted tests they've done. Its a plant in need of further investigation for sure.

I'd also not be surprised if Acacia oxycedrus handles pretty much whatever temperature you throw at it. But that's my own heresay.

I'd like to put an offer to any members wanting to grow Acacia floribunda.. I have seed from 2 varieties that I have had very good results with and have always found reliable for DMT content. I gathered a lot of seed with the intention of growing lots as well as sharing with those interested. Floribunda is a great ally to have in the psychedelic arsenal Thumbs up

the red squirrel
#34 Posted : 11/4/2023 10:59:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

acacian wrote:

I'd like to put an offer to any members wanting to grow Acacia floribunda.. I have seed from 2 varieties that I have had very good results with and have always found reliable for DMT content. I gathered a lot of seed with the intention of growing lots as well as sharing with those interested. Floribunda is a great ally to have in the psychedelic arsenal Thumbs up

Dear Acacian, sharing the seeds with the nexus sounds awesome. I would love to have some experience with growing Acacia's Very happy . Which two varieties are you currently growing?
May there be peace and love and perfection throughout all creation
~ John Coltrane

acacian
#35 Posted : 11/4/2023 4:10:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the red squirrel wrote:
acacian wrote:

Dear Acacian, sharing the seeds with the nexus sounds awesome. I would love to have some experience with growing Acacia's Very happy . Which two varieties are you currently growing?

One with very pale off white loose and long flowers, dark green, papery phyllodes with lots of appressed hairs, .. longer more oblong seeds

The other has tighter, slightly shorter, pale cream flowers (slightly more yellow).. phyllodes slightly more glabrous (appressed hairs still present but not in abundance as the former), smaller/slightly rounder seeds..

floribunda is not formally recognized as having differen't strains.. it currently just has really broad taxanomic parameters.. which I think is due for a change.. within the one species you can have trees up to 8m tall with soft pendulous foliage.. others more of a prostrate bush with stiffer/more erect phyllodes. Flowers vary from pale yellow to off white/cream.

PM within Smile

PREV12