CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Never had it work at all Options

squidnotguitar
#1 Posted : 10/8/2023 6:48:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

When I first tried DMT I was an enthusiastic if occasional psychonaut; tried a number of things, but mostly stuck to mushrooms and rarely more than monthly. Friends invited me to share a DMT vape cartridge with them, was stoked to finally try this one. I went last to observe the process. Using the vape was easy: draw deep, hold for 10+, repeat until you couldn't. Watched a half dozen people blast off after 3-4 hits; don't remember if anyone hit hyperspace, but I know a few reached the waiting room. Come my turn though, after 8-9 huge hits I gave up. Nothing. My lips tingled a bit, but otherwise I may as well have been vaping water.

Later that night, everyone went again. I watched everyone else take off after a few, some had even stronger experiences the second time, and again, I got nothing at all no matter how much I sucked down or how long I held it. Huge let down that evening.

Tried again some months later. Thought maybe my body just metabolized it way too fast, so I drank some lemon extracted syrian rue tea and waited an hour. This time tried the sandwich method, in the 30-40mg range IIRC. Again, drew all the way down to my feet, and this time it wasn't nothing, but still damn close to it. Bit brighter colors and very subtle patterning on surfaces and that's all, almost exactly like slightly overdoing a shroom microdose but only for 15ish mins.

It's been a few years since then and I never figured out what went wrong, never had any other psychedelic just utterly fail like that. Wasn't on meds, no built up tolerances, nothing I know of that would effect it. I'm interested again, but dunno if it'd just be a waste of time. Have heard some people are just functionally immune to the stuff, which would suck. Thoughts? Suggestions? Worth giving it another shot?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Phenethylamine23
#2 Posted : 10/8/2023 12:05:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've heard a few reports like this. Perhaps it is something to do with biology, genetics, enzymes ect. Whether it's transient or life long is another question.

murklan
#3 Posted : 10/8/2023 9:54:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes. I've read somewhere (I've looked but can't find it right now) that Rick Strassman had some percentage of people in his studies on DMT that didn't respond at al. Doesn't say if it was permanently of not.

Phenethylamine23
#4 Posted : 10/9/2023 6:09:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dont give up until you've tried other tryptamine structures.
A friend who is fairly immune to the DMT is blown away by Bufotenine.
Try Yopo snuff.

fink
#5 Posted : 10/9/2023 4:31:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

If you didn't already, you could also try learning the extraction process. Fill the work with your love and your desire to experience something more. At the very least it is a satisfying process to learn.
You'll also be 100% certain that you've got good stuff. You'll also have the ability to dose as high or low as you want multiple times with a set and setting of your choosing.

Even if nothing works, after working on yourself you can make a friend happy with a lovely gift.

I wish you luck.
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

illa
#6 Posted : 11/8/2023 2:33:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

squidnotguitar wrote:
When I first tried DMT I was an enthusiastic if occasional psychonaut; tried a number of things, but mostly stuck to mushrooms and rarely more than monthly. Friends invited me to share a DMT vape cartridge with them, was stoked to finally try this one. I went last to observe the process. Using the vape was easy: draw deep, hold for 10+, repeat until you couldn't. Watched a half dozen people blast off after 3-4 hits; don't remember if anyone hit hyperspace, but I know a few reached the waiting room. Come my turn though, after 8-9 huge hits I gave up. Nothing. My lips tingled a bit, but otherwise I may as well have been vaping water.

Later that night, everyone went again. I watched everyone else take off after a few, some had even stronger experiences the second time, and again, I got nothing at all no matter how much I sucked down or how long I held it. Huge let down that evening.

Tried again some months later. Thought maybe my body just metabolized it way too fast, so I drank some lemon extracted syrian rue tea and waited an hour. This time tried the sandwich method, in the 30-40mg range IIRC. Again, drew all the way down to my feet, and this time it wasn't nothing, but still damn close to it. Bit brighter colors and very subtle patterning on surfaces and that's all, almost exactly like slightly overdoing a shroom microdose but only for 15ish mins.

It's been a few years since then and I never figured out what went wrong, never had any other psychedelic just utterly fail like that. Wasn't on meds, no built up tolerances, nothing I know of that would effect it. I'm interested again, but dunno if it'd just be a waste of time. Have heard some people are just functionally immune to the stuff, which would suck. Thoughts? Suggestions? Worth giving it another shot?

It seems like a singular problem which is more than frustrating so I hate to suggest anything that might not help, but MAOI's? According to what they accomplish from the "blood brain barrier" it would make sence in theory but only a suggestion and not anything else. Like I said I hate singular problems with things that make no sence.

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 11/8/2023 3:13:28 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

illa wrote:
It seems like a singular problem which is more than frustrating so I hate to suggest anything that might not help, but MAOI's? According to what they accomplish from the "blood brain barrier" it would make sence in theory but only a suggestion and not anything else. Like I said I hate singular problems with things that make no sence.
Eh, rue tea is MAOI...
squidnotguitar wrote:
I drank some lemon extracted syrian rue tea and waited an hour. This time tried the sandwich method, in the 30-40mg range IIRC. Again, drew all the way down to my feet, and this time it wasn't nothing,

Maybe a higher dose of harmalas would help, possibly with oral DMT. A small proportion of people are virtually unaffected by DMT for whatever reason. Go easy in your further experimentation all the same - there may have been some other unidentified factor which was holding you back at the time and has since changed.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Homo Trypens
#8 Posted : 11/8/2023 4:53:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Yeah i think harmalas and dmt with the same ROA might be worth a try. That's either oral DMT with (~30min after) your rue tea, or you could make changa and smoke that in a bong or pipe.

The nice thing about MAOI/harmalas is that it removes the need to get the DMT dose in quickly. So, where more tokes wouldn't do very much with the dmt only vape, effects should intensify when you take multiple hits of dmt while you're on a MAOI.

I hope you can make it work, it's worth it! But if not, i guess you'll just have to stick with psilos and mescaline etc...

illa
#9 Posted : 11/9/2023 2:27:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
illa wrote:
Eh, rue tea is MAOI...
squidnotguitar wrote:
I drank some lemon extracted syrian rue tea and waited an hour. This time tried the sandwich method, in the 30-40mg range IIRC. Again, drew all the way down to my feet, and this time it wasn't nothing,

Maybe a higher dose of harmalas would help, possibly with oral DMT. A small proportion of people are virtually unaffected by DMT for whatever reason. Go easy in your further experimentation all the same - there may have been some other unidentified factor which was holding you back at the time and has since changed.

Hey sorry I did miss that Rue tea part of the story. I do find Changa with Caapi Vine mixed in to be very strong, compared to the few times I have orally ingested Harmaline, Harmales extract powders before hand. That Caapi makes you trip longer and different and I can't see someone not feeling all that it would be surprising.

Sometimes I disappoint myself by not taking deep enough hits. There are receptors in your lungs and when I do a good job of filling my lungs and holding my hits I get the deepest of trips.

The_Embalmer
#10 Posted : 1/12/2024 10:53:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Phenethylamine23 wrote:
I've heard a few reports like this. Perhaps it is something to do with biology, genetics, enzymes ect. Whether it's transient or life long is another question.

I had thought something similar like how some people remember their dreams better than others. Perhaps it is something that can be worked on through other practices? I'm not sure. Maybe deep meditation or lucid dreaming could be something good to look into for trying to solve some of these issues in trying to open some of these parts of yourself up because if your radio isn't working then you're going to miss the world series regardless of the connection. Just a thought.

I believe In you OP!
“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”