CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Looking for a online community similar to but slightly different from Nexus. Any ideas? Options

Th3k1d93
#1 Posted : 10/3/2023 9:53:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Not that i plan on leaving here at all. This place is honestly akin to a digital Mecca for serious Psychonauts. However, there's a WORLD of botanically sourced compounds with myriads of effects on human health and spirit that we do not discuss at all here.

Example, currently,. trying to deep dive into some specifics on Atropa Belladonna, Khat, some novel "nootropic" type compounds like magnolia bark extracts etc, and generally non-psychedelic but still valid for mind/body/soul enhancement type plants. Both being a medicinal botanist, and being immersed in a spiritual path where i have legitimate use for many other plants than just those that act on 5ht2a, I'm desperately trying to find a community with a bar of excellence like here, but is more expansive in content.

Almost if the Nexus and Erowid had a baby i guess.

I'm not super internet savvy, i mean i grew up with it, but most of my time is spent in either lab work, parenting, or in nature. So this type of forum/community could very well already exist and I'm just not in the loop.

If any of y'all have any ideas, it'd be wonderful!
Without growth, what's the point?

Avid gardener and Ethnobotany enthusiast

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Espurrr
#2 Posted : 10/3/2023 9:57:42 AM

β—‹

ive been interested in nexus-like places since 2014 and yet have not found anything that even comes close, but im interested to see what other people say

scaredofthedark
#3 Posted : 10/3/2023 10:07:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

brokedownpalace10
#4 Posted : 10/3/2023 12:22:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

https://bluelight.org/xf/forums/

https://drugs-forum.com/forums/

drugs-forum is certainly eclectic, but doesn't have the traffic of bluelight

Th3k1d93
#5 Posted : 10/3/2023 12:26:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, i was definitely hoping for something better than the three mentioned. Shroomery isn't horrid, but it's loaded down with a lot of nonsense.

Something like it needs made.

A board for all around human enhancement. Psychedelics, nootropics, plant medicines, cutting edge therapies, while all still keeping the independent research and level of maturity/congeniality bars set where they are. Not just stuff for getting high, but all form of enhancement. Spiritual, mental, medical, physical, etc.
Without growth, what's the point?

Avid gardener and Ethnobotany enthusiast

clearlyone
#6 Posted : 10/3/2023 4:18:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The nexus is really unique from a quality of content perspective. I have found nothing like it on the topic of psychedelics.

It really comes down to the community. The historical quality of the conversation attracts and encourages like minded new members. I do wonder if it can keep going so well - hopefully it does.

I really appreciate the members. I don’t post here much, but I haven’t posted in any other forum in nearly a decade. Those here think more like me than any other group I associate with, IRL or otherwise. I attribute that to it being more likely here (due to the DMT experience) that the consensus world view is challenged- which I consider a cornerstone of personal growth and right understanding.

Peace
"Blinded by their own sight, hearing, feeling, and knowing, they don't perceive the radiance of the source. If they could eliminate all conceptual thinking, this source would appear, like the sun rising through the empty sky and illuminating the whole universe." - Huang Po

Triglav
#7 Posted : 10/3/2023 6:06:07 PM

In the gap between thoughts nonconceptual wisdom shines continuously.

Th3k1d93 wrote:
Example, currently,. trying to deep dive into some specifics on Atropa Belladonna, Khat, some novel "nootropic" type compounds like magnolia bark extracts etc, and generally non-psychedelic but still valid for mind/body/soul enhancement type plants. Both being a medicinal botanist, and being immersed in a spiritual path where i have legitimate use for many other plants than just those that act on 5ht2a, I'm desperately trying to find a community with a bar of excellence like here, but is more expansive in content.

From what I've read and seen here in the DMT-nexus all of those topics are being discussed more or less actively. Also you're always welcome to start a topic like mentioned and share your experiences and thoughts.

dreamer042
#8 Posted : 10/3/2023 7:20:33 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Agreed, let's start the topics and make that place here. Thumbs up

With the new platform migration coming up I think expanding a bit further into these areas would be a wonderful addition.

For a small part of that, the supplements, nootropics, health and self development stuff I sometimes find good discussions on longecity.

If you are into gardening, permaculture, sustainable living and like a bit more environmental development than self development stuff permies is pretty solid.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

RowRowRowYourBoat
#9 Posted : 10/5/2023 3:01:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This forum does really have something special. The quality level of the discussions, thoughtfulness, and character of the posters can really be through the roof at times. I don't even contribute that much because I sometimes I don't feel I live up to the standards of content or attitude at times, which I don't think is a bad thing. I post a lot on other forums more freely but there definitely seems something special about this place that sets it apart. I wonder if it has to do with the onboarding process, the adherence to the attitude page, our shared experience of dmt, the passed on examples of good behavior and quality content, good moderation, something else, or all of the above - but it certainly comes through. I guess I'll just say thanks to everyone and everything that make this such a special place of maturity and support that feels so rare on the internet these days.
Things have turned a deeper shade of blue

Why you should NOT take DMT

scaredofthedark
#10 Posted : 10/5/2023 10:18:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
With the new platform migration coming up

Oh, is this a thing? That'd be amazing. The forum is actually pretty damn solid for how old it must be, but something more modern would be excellent. At the very least, I wish it was responsive on mobile.

the_Architect
#11 Posted : 11/27/2023 4:46:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I´d like to hear more about "hexing herbs", like Belladona, Henbane, Mandrake...
This plants have been used for withcraft and dark things...
They say they can protect you from phychic attacks... or used for casting spells.

Even more about Datura and stramonium; I found a book from some gringo shaman living in peru... I got some datura from peru, leaf and pods. I ate a few seeds, bath in an infusion, but was relectant to trying higher dosis.

Well, let me know if you have good sources on this.

"...after five seconds I was no longer a marxist, no longer a materialist, no longer a rationalist.
It killed those things, it cauterized them..."

Terrence McKenna

PsyDuckmonkey
#12 Posted : 12/11/2023 7:39:26 PM

witch

the_Architect wrote:
I´d like to hear more about "hexing herbs", like Belladona, Henbane, Mandrake...
This plants have been used for withcraft and dark things...

Oh, the deliriants.. Honestly, the only member of that broad family of drugs that I ever experimented with is the fly agaric mushroom, which I can say I love dearly at this point. I keep it at an arm's length though, and am always mindful of dosage.

I know a few people who have the atropine and scopolamine plants as part of their mystical practice, but none of them are too open about the exact what and how. Of course erowid has some resources, and iirc James DeKorne wrote about them extensively, but as most underground literature from the mid twentieth century, I'd take his word with a grain of salt.

tl;dr these plants are known to be lethal poisons is because they are. If you decide to commune with them, the training wheels are off, in more ways than one.
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

Metatronology
#13 Posted : 12/12/2023 5:07:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Deliriants are the scariest drugs on the planet. A single dose of Datura tea turned my otherwise well-adjusted, experienced psychonaut friend into a paranoid, antisocial wreck. Permanently. While other hallucinogens may induce latent mental health issues, deliriants will create entirely new ones out of healthy minds. With very few exceptions, stay away from them.