CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How Do You Experience the Rue Spirit? Options

brokedownpalace10
#1 Posted : 9/23/2023 10:41:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

From the beginning, I have had a hard time with the anthropomorphizing of some of the feelings and things seen by people on DMT. I consider myself a Christian and was a bit afraid of where that would take me. However, now I am beginning to see these things as archetypes or aspects of myself and am not so worried. I may be wrong, I may be right. For now in my journey, parts of me or archetypes is a useful framework and anthropomorphizing is useful for description.

Some background. I've only really used light doses of DMT, maybe medium. The "overlay" of visuals with eyes open in daytime has nearly obscured the "real" world, but not quite. I prefer darkness with eyes closed and I see houses and rooms, kinda.

Some has been straight DMT, some has been Passionflower change, and I have lately experimented with smoking Syrian Rue before the main course. (5-6 hits of Rue, enough to definitely feel). The Rue dramatically changes the experience.

At these doses of DMT, I've not seen any entities but I have experienced a "presence" a couple times. Pure DMT seems to at times have a "goddess" visitor. I've come to see the goddess as the feminine side of me. She's helped me get comfortable with my feminine side and see that I have a strong feminine side but that I really like being a guy. This is good shit to really feel instead of just think.

Passionflower, especially predosing, seems to be a nervous girl. Hiding in the background, trying to be helpful, but without a lot of strength or power.

I can't completely figure Rue out. Thus this post.
Rue seems kind of dark, reptilian, but at the same time a strong and powerful teacher. The first time I predosed with the Rue was the only time I really felt the presence. I heard in my head, over and over, "What about...?, what about...?" with what I didn't type being a very useful but difficult insight.

Rue almost seems like a demon at first, but it's not at all evil at second thought. Strong and dark and powerful, scary and maybe not even particularly benign, but not evil.

I'm throwing words at this without hitting the bullseye. I reserve the right to revise to better words if I can find them. But anyway...

Again, I'm not sure this attribution of independence to these feelings is at all correct, it's useful for now. I've come to realize that doesn't really matter. Words is words and just words.

I've never experienced Caapi.

I do think that Ayahuasca is something which might be useful to me.

So my question ^^^
How do you experience the spirit/feeling/gestalt of Rue? Obviously masculine, but go deeper than that.

How does Rue Aya compare to Caapi Aya?

Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

AwesomeUsername
#2 Posted : 9/23/2023 10:31:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting question.

Atheist speaking here, the answer might be different from what you hope for but I'm gonna try and be helpful.

When drinking/taking rue on its own, the preparation method, dose and your set and setting alter the experience.

Overall it does have a "dirty" feeling, which could be explained by the fact that it contains a whole bunch of alkaloids, some of which are considered toxic at unknown concentrations.

There are ways to purify it and make it "cleaner".

At high enough doses it can get quite psychoactive, the feeling is like combining alcohol with prescription drugs. Nothing spiritual about it, but potentially dangerous.

When drinking ayahuasca, higher doses of rue make the experience more cloudy, and uncomfortable. Some important lessons might get lost this way.

Lower doses don't seem to do much on their own, but seem sufficient to activate DMT.

Lower doses on their own are do subtle, you forget that you took anything especially if it's "cleaned up".

At the end of the day it comes to your own personal preference, my preference is to use it strictly as an "activator" of DMT, that means as low as possible and as clean as possible.

The magic is in the DMT, and the "voice" or "entity" are DRASTICALLY altered by your set and setting, not just slightly.

Hope that helps.

Tomtegubbe
#3 Posted : 9/24/2023 2:03:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I made myself a promise at one point to never smoalk DMT without harmalas. The spiritual aspect is in the rue/vine and the DMT brings about the content.

The spirit of the rue is in my opinion the spirit of Ayahuasca. It is a very powerful spirit.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

ShamensStamen
#4 Posted : 9/24/2023 5:49:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Tomtegubbe wrote:
I made myself a promise at one point to never smoalk DMT without harmalas. The spiritual aspect is in the rue/vine and the DMT brings about the content.

The spirit of the rue is in my opinion the spirit of Ayahuasca. It is a very powerful spirit.

Agreed.

brokedownpalace10
#5 Posted : 9/24/2023 10:18:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Tomtegubbe wrote:

I am certainly coming to agree. Do you see differences in the Caapi and the Rue spirit? Passionflower?

Describe Rue. I'm new and nervous and having trouble getting a handle. Throw some words at it.

dithyramb
#6 Posted : 9/24/2023 10:40:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When used correctly, Rue is more of a truth serum / diagnostic tool, whereas caapi is a mystical gateway.

Both feel like the foundation of any potion meant to open the doors to Spirit.

Rue is more Divine/Upperworld associated, Caapi more general Spirit.

Both, when used correctly are bridges to the plant world and all plant spirits.

Rue has more of a "home" feeling and inspires love and connection with loved ones, whereas Caapi feels like a wild jungle.

Both are nootropic and especially together with DMT, open the doors of knowledge, activate the dormant faculties of learning.

Caapi carries the spirit of the Amazon, rue carries the spirit of whichever desert or steppe it was harvested from.

Edit: my perception of rue is skewed to the certain strain I am allied with. It is compassionate and love oriented. I am aware there are strains that feel like a sergeant kicking your ass in a boot camp. And also different strains of Caapi definitely should have a variety of characters also.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Tomtegubbe
#7 Posted : 9/24/2023 6:05:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

brokedownpalace10 wrote:
Tomtegubbe wrote:

I am certainly coming to agree. Do you see differences in the Caapi and the Rue spirit? Passionflower?

Describe Rue. I'm new and nervous and having trouble getting a handle. Throw some words at it.
There is more THH in caapi, which I believe makes it more visual, although in my experience the visuality also depends on what you focus on, especially when you are more accustomed with the medicine.

Can't say about passionflower. I have only used it in herbal tea brews and can't say that I've gotten any psychoactive effects out of it. Certainly a nice aroma.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

dithyramb
#8 Posted : 9/24/2023 6:11:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rue is the more visual one. Harmaline is what gives more visions.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

brokedownpalace10
#9 Posted : 9/25/2023 4:20:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

dithyramb wrote:
Rue is the more visual one. Harmaline is what gives more visions.

Thanks a bunch for your answers, both of you. And, even without anthropomorphizing which was great.

I have a "full" (not in a great way) life right now. I think Aya is in my future for sure... but not yet. The smokable substitute will have to do for now, but I do see the medicine aspect. The value in that.

dithyramb
#10 Posted : 9/25/2023 4:58:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You're welcome.

Elaborating on "Rue has more of a "home" feeling and inspires love and connection with loved ones," I find it interesting that rue was the plant of the god of home "Bes" in ancient Egypt.

https://kahpi.net/syrian...ganum-harmala-ayahuasca/

Quote:
Named in Egypt bésa or besasa, this term poses harmel in direct association with the god Bes, a deity of the Pharaonic Pantheon. Bes was mainly a good fortune deity of the domestic environment and protector of women giving birth, newborns, infants, and people sleeping.

~ Pablo Amaringo