CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Help I need help Options

Timmyt
#1 Posted : 9/11/2023 8:16:52 AM

Timmyt

I have gotten ahold of bufo venom dried a gram and do not know how to consume it or if it needs purification please ask around and send me a pm or add to this post

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

AwesomeUsername
#2 Posted : 9/12/2023 3:37:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Some people have consumed it raw, traditionally it is not purified AFAIK.

However bufotenin is not that safe, you can look up how they do it in the Amazonian forest, but it will not be pleasant.

It is said that it heals a lot of diseases, but thus hasn't been proven.

A strong purge will happen, and mentally it will be unpredictable.

I would suggest to not do it, and uf you do it, be really careful.

I cannot give you tips because I didn't try it, but seeing what I have saw, I would advise you to do your research, and if you conclude it to be risky, don't do it.

_Trip_
#3 Posted : 9/12/2023 5:18:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AwesomeUsername wrote:

However bufotenin is not that safe, you can look up how they do it in the Amazonian forest, but it will not be pleasant.

I believe Bufo venom is mostly 5-meo.

As far as I'm aware you can use it raw but it consists of other compounds other than 5-meo and bufotenine, compounds that I would not be familiar with enough to ingest.

As bufotenine is a polar alkaloid and 5-meo is non-polar you could separate them fairly easily. But other impurities could make it in the end result. So perhaps salting them out with the right solvent and salt combination could be a good idea. This is assuming the actives are naturally in FB form, if not a mini A/B could be the go.

BW's data could help you decide on what solvents are best to use
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1090273#post1090273

Of course there's also the ethical aspect of using an animal as your source material, something to consider?
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

famine
#4 Posted : 9/12/2023 9:42:05 AM

Entheogen Enthusiast

Chemical expert

You must smoke it. It breaks down the toxins.
No further purification is necessary

Pandora
#5 Posted : 9/12/2023 3:19:05 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Make sure your heart is in good health. iirc, bufotenin involves cardiac stress
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

OneIsEros
#6 Posted : 9/12/2023 4:16:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Both 5-MeO-DMT and bufotenin are capable of killing you. Bufo venom is predominantly 5-MeO-DMT, not bufotenin as the “bufo” would suggest, though bufotenin is present. Hamilton Morris has stated he finds pure 5-MeO-DMT identical in experience with bufo venom. As has been said, if you use it, smoke it, do not eat it. I do not know what the correct dose is, get a milligram scale. Also: it is overwhelmingly intense, most people do not walk away declaring it rewarding, though many do.

Twilight Person
#7 Posted : 9/12/2023 7:42:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the poison also contains quaternary tryptamines, similar and possibly acting toxic through their similarity with acetyl choline. But being charged molecules they probably dont vaporize. Otherwise if you eat them, they instead can get into your body. So licking a toad is just poisonous, while smoking it will not be.
~ O ~

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 9/12/2023 8:24:41 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

The other part of the poison is cardiac glycosides, which are large sterols with polar sugar molecules attached; these are not easily vaporisable.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli