DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Clean Up the Outliers from the Survey Results Options

Pandora
#1 Posted : 8/18/2023 5:46:08 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hi Traveler, Moderators and Powers that Be,

I just participated in the Subjective Indexation Survey. I was excited to participate and really interested to see the results.

Of course, because this is the DMT-Nexus and owned by The Traveler, the results were presented as an option to see at the end.

I was very saddened to see things like maximum age 191 years and max weight something like 555 kgs. Clearly a few kids or bad apples or people who do not really understand what is funny decided to skew the results.

By doing this the means and medians are thrown off a bit, in particular with less than 400 entries.

Is there any way to get rid of outliers for the participant statistics that are clearly not possible or extremely improbable?

Or does that itself skew things? Or perhaps this is an old, forgotten project?

I felt it could not hurt to ask and if you have gotten this far I thank you and would hope to read your opinion/reply.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 8/18/2023 7:32:09 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Here is the subjective indexation survey, for those who may be interested.

And here's a more general post that puts things into context (being how I tracked down the survey via the search function).

Now I'd best do something to qualify for the survey so I get to view the results...

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli