CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How to "Dry Cactus" for extract prep Options

Sky Motion
#1 Posted : 7/21/2023 3:35:05 AM

<3

Have 3 beaten big pieces of bridg in the garage I need to extract, microwave tech talks a lot about the cactus being in dried powder form.

How do I accomplish this? and any best tips for first timer extraction / prep of the cuts?

cheers

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Kash
#2 Posted : 7/21/2023 4:18:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

There's no shortcut when it comes to drying cacti other than putting it in a food dehydrator for 8-12 hours. First remove spines, cut thin, and dry. Then you have to blend it up to get powder. But that is totally unnecessary really.

It's actually easier just to cut up into cubes and freeze/thaw, then do an extraction. Cacti powder tends to form snot but you dont get that with whole chunks. Generally the only reason to do cacti powder extraction is because thats how it ships easily. Whole chunks are better imho. Try out my A/B tek if you feel like it. Smile
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

antichode
#3 Posted : 7/21/2023 7:09:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oetzi said he just freezed, thawed and then pressed his cacti. Have you tried this Kash? I still prefer STB using lye or KOH for ease of use however it does consume a lot of chemicals.

Kash
#4 Posted : 7/22/2023 4:07:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

antichode wrote:
Oetzi said he just freezed, thawed and then pressed his cacti. Have you tried this Kash? I still prefer STB using lye or KOH for ease of use however it does consume a lot of chemicals.

Hey antichode. Yes one used to do STB but doesn't like the excessive chemicals. Preferable to skip the heavy fumes and solvent use if there is a way, which there is! Smile

There really is no reason to use excessive solvent and then have to dispose of it or go to greater lengths and distill it for future use when you can keep it as environmentally friendly as possible and save money also.

STBs can be quicker if done right so there is that, but there is the added factor that STBs are very easy to mess up with water concentration. A little bit too much water and you have a mess, but you also need just the right amount so extraction is possible. STB is an expensive delicate dance.
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

Twilight Person
#5 Posted : 7/23/2023 9:36:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kash wrote:
First remove spines, cut thin, and dry.

Why remove spines? They also just get pulverized to dust in the coffee blender Twisted Evil
~ O ~

Sky Motion
#6 Posted : 7/26/2023 4:57:57 AM

<3

Thank you all Smile I have over 50+ trichs bridg and perus and never consumed yet. These ugly bridg that were in danger of slugs will be the perfect for time chem experiment for me!

I will also check out the a/b tekk w/ freezing Smile

Quetzal7
#7 Posted : 7/26/2023 5:39:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If it's for cooking, best to cut in cubes and cook as is
If it's for an extract type CIELO or q21 dry tek, you do need a dry powder ;
An original approach : Blend it fresh in a normal blender, spread the soup in a plastic box and put it under the summer sun ; 3 days after it's dry and you don't need a coffee grinder or fancy blender...