CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Getting sick Options

Fourcrows
#1 Posted : 7/3/2023 5:49:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wanted to post what happened to me the last few journeys. I got very ill about 8 hours after freebasing. First, there was none of the normal colors, fractals, patterns, just this swirling of hues of brown, no matter the dose. I felt fine afterwards, but then about 8 hours later, I began to feel very sick.

My skin became hyper sensitive, it felt like even my hair hurt
Every joint and muscle in my body ached badly
I had chills and a low grade fever
Nausea
Very lethargic
Migraine

This lasted for about 24 hours, then quickly resolved. After the third time this happened, I quit, and haven't tried again in 6 months.
Have to throw this into the mix, I'm histamine intolerant, and when I get sick from this condition the symptoms are the same as what I was experiencing after the last three journeys. People with histamine intolerance do not produce enough Diamine Oxidase naturally, to be able to break down excess histamine, so they get sick. With everything that I've experienced, it appears that DMT may trigger a strong histamine response in certain individuals.

Yesterday I tried just a few mg to see how I would respond. I had a typical histamine response, although it was mild. I took a Diamine Oxidase supplement, slept for an hour and felt a lot better.
I've thought about taking the Diamine Oxidase prior to journeys as a test. I'm reluctant at this point to continue, until I know more about what is going on.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Peace
Fourcrows

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

fink
#2 Posted : 7/3/2023 7:34:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

Would you share more about the DMT you consumed? Did you extract yourself? If so what tek did you use? If self extracted, how diligent were you with equipment and with purity? How did you consume the freebase? Were the experiences all from the same stash/batch? Any other information you can think of?
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Pandora
#3 Posted : 7/3/2023 8:56:55 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Wow Fourcrows,

That does not sound right. Unless , . . . you know when I run the scenarios the one that seems to be sliced nicely by Occam's razor the the idea that you did not extract your own DMT. If you did, then this is a conondrum wrapped in an enigma.

If you did not extract your own DMT it is probably contaminated. With what? Only the extractor or provider knows. Just thank all the Gods and Goddesses you have ever met in hyperspace that it wasn't Fentanyl because if it had been you would have been dead rather than sick.

On my end, I am hoping it is a conundrum wrapped in an enigma. If so I am so sorry you are experiencing this and hope you find some answers soon.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 7/3/2023 9:09:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

After seeing this post I googled histamine response and DMT and from my brief search it seems that others with delicate histamine responses have similar experiences.

One love

Note: my search was very brief. I do encourage independent research.
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Fourcrows
#5 Posted : 7/4/2023 1:57:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pandora wrote:
Wow Fourcrows,

That does not sound right. Unless , . . . you know when I run the scenarios the one that seems to be sliced nicely by Occam's razor the the idea that you did not extract your own DMT. If you did, then this is a conondrum wrapped in an enigma.

If you did not extract your own DMT it is probably contaminated. With what? Only the extractor or provider knows. Just thank all the Gods and Goddesses you have ever met in hyperspace that it wasn't Fentanyl because if it had been you would have been dead rather than sick.

On my end, I am hoping it is a conundrum wrapped in an enigma. If so I am so sorry you are experiencing this and hope you find some answers soon.

I extracted my own. I researched for weeks, looking for consistent and reliable extraction methods, including methods and formulas on this site. I am confident of my method. I was extremely methodical at every stage. However, that said, I am open to the possibility of contamination. In retrospect, the issues began after a new batch, and now that makes me wonder if something went wrong. Perhaps I need to dissolve and recrystalize the batch for the sake of safety.
Fourcrows

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 7/4/2023 2:06:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Re-x that batch and try again. See if you have similar experiences. And perhaps make it a light dose in your attempt.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Fourcrows
#7 Posted : 7/4/2023 2:19:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I smoked it in a standard pot pipe, brass bowl with a wooden stem, that was first layered with mullein, then the spice, approximately 20mg, heated from the top with a standard Bic lighter. This worked great for me in the beginning. No problems at all.

Now, I also remember, after that, I graduated to a torch lighter, same scenario as above. The draw tasted bad and was strong on my lungs (too much heat?). Maybe I burnt the spice and caused toxic residue to accumulate in the pipe and that may have also contributed to my issue.

I will desolve and recrystalize the batch, scrub the pipe bowl and replace the pipe stem with a new one.

When I first started, all experiences were beautiful, enlightening, calming and enriching. I hope I can get it resolved and continue the journey.
Fourcrows

Fourcrows
#8 Posted : 7/4/2023 2:21:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Re-x that batch and try again. See if you have similar experiences. And perhaps make it a light dose in your attempt.

One love

I think that is a wise choice. Thank you.
Fourcrows

Fourcrows
#9 Posted : 7/4/2023 2:25:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
After seeing this post I googled histamine response and DMT and from my brief search it seems that others with delicate histamine responses have similar experiences.

One love

Note: my search was very brief. I do encourage independent research.

I am proceeding cautiously because of my histamine issue. I'll do some research on this. Thanks for your input. Much appreciated.
Fourcrows

Fourcrows
#10 Posted : 7/4/2023 2:30:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks everyone for your input and information. It is greatly appreciated. This has helped me refocus and rise above the clutter of the frustration I was experiencing. I see things more clearly now and have a definitive plan that will hopefully resolve the issue.

I'll post the outcome.

Peace
Fourcrows

abecedarian
#11 Posted : 7/4/2023 2:41:14 AM

∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ęRhe✟ori© ABe©eDarian $✞ȉllĨn✞hę©®@✟ę

Fourcrows this sounds mostly much awesome and hopeful! Pleased Thumbs up
I'm a man from a place with hands and a face. Part of the heart of the human race. It illuminates. ∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ę®ȉ©

Voidmatrix
#12 Posted : 7/4/2023 2:44:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fourcrows wrote:
The draw tasted bad and was strong on my lungs (too much heat?)

Yep, too hot. For the method that you're going for you won't really need the torch lighter. That tends to be best for the VG or an oil burner pipe ("meth pipe" ). Your regular BIC is fine for the method you're using. Though I would recommend perhaps researching another method for more proper vaporization. Properly vaped spice will have you lowering your dose (thus saving spice) and will always be relatively smooth upon inhalation. Don't get me wrong, I cut my teeth on the "sandwich method" so sometimes still do it for the sake of nostalgia.

Fourcrows wrote:
When I first started, all experiences were beautiful, enlightening, calming and enriching. I hope I can get it resolved and continue the journey.

Not to alarm you in anyway, but don't be surprised if it changes over time and with use. The space shows you other parts of itself. DMT always has something new to show you. Love Twisted Evil

One love

Fourcrows
#13 Posted : 7/16/2023 3:21:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:

One love

Re-x the batch last week. This removed most of the darker organics that were present. Before, the batch was very yellow and had a strong spice smell. The re-x came out mostly white, very clean and a mild aroma.
Last night, tried a small amount, using a new vaporizer, didn't want to risk any contamination from the old pipe. The taste was mild, the experience was great, just what I was hoping for, very pleasant and relaxing.

It has been 15 hours, and I did not get sick. So here is my conclusion: I believe that I was having a histamine reaction, but not to the molecule, but to the organic impurities remaining in the batch. By removing the impurities, the issue was resolved. This particular batch was different from previous ones, in that it started with a very pre finely ground powder. Before that batch, a more course root had been used, still a little chunky. I believe that a finely ground root powder allowed more organic impurities to come through in the extraction process. From now on, a re-x will be a standard method the process.
Thank you, thank you, Voidmatrix and everyone for your input. I was able to get out of the weeds and navigate through this issue with you help. It's invaluable to have a good sounding board.

Peace,
Fourcrows
Fourcrows

Voidmatrix
#14 Posted : 7/17/2023 4:10:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm just glad it worked and you're able to more comfortably get into hyperspace. Love

One love

scaredofthedark
#15 Posted : 9/27/2023 2:13:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fourcrows,

I put together a Google search with multiple operators to return related results for you: https://tinyurl.com/558wu77d

Hopefully you can find some others who've experienced this issue with better results. Hope everything is well with you!

Fourcrows
#16 Posted : 12/28/2023 2:35:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

scaredofthedark wrote:
fourcrows,

I put together a Google search with multiple operators to return related results for you: https://tinyurl.com/558wu77d

Hopefully you can find some others who've experienced this issue with better results. Hope everything is well with you!

Thanks for posting this. All good reads, with a lot of insight. Every bit of knowledge adds to the foundation of understanding. Much appreciated.
Fourcrows

VoyagerGrey
#17 Posted : 1/16/2024 2:39:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Fourcrows wrote:

So here is my conclusion: I believe that I was having a histamine reaction, but not to the molecule, but to the organic impurities remaining in the batch. By removing the impurities, the issue was resolved.
Fourcrows

I was going to ask... if it is possible that you were having am alergic reaction (producing histamine) to something organic in your smoking material. Seems to have been the case.

Glad to hear you figured it out!

Mister_Niles
#18 Posted : 1/16/2024 11:39:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fourcrows wrote:

Last night, tried a small amount, using a new vaporizer, didn't want to risk any contamination from the old pipe. The taste was mild, the experience was great, just what I was hoping for, very pleasant and relaxing.

It has been 15 hours, and I did not get sick. So here is my conclusion: I believe that I was having a histamine reaction, but not to the molecule, but to the organic impurities remaining in the batch.....

Just wanted to chime in real quick. You may be right about the histamine reaction in your case. I just wanted to say that this sort of thing happened to me when smoking changa. I was getting full on immersion and a lot of it was very earth tone based and amazing. Very little in the way of colored fractals, more realistic scenes and washes of earthy color, like a morphing Rothko painting. Then I would come down, and feel terrible. I had all of the symptoms you describe... I stubbornly kept smoking changa and I ended up with a headache that lasted for two years. I was eventually able to cure it with psilocybin after avoiding psychedelics for quite awhile.
I stopped smoking changa. I stopped smoking dmt. I only vaporize it. Carefully. If I overheat my GVG, things start to get dark and I end up feeling a little bit crappy afterwards.
For me, it seemed to be burning dmt that caused my problems. I have many hypersensitivities. I'm on the autism spectrum and I'm a TBI survivor with long covid, so I have to be very careful with sensory input from the outside world. I wonder how much burning the dmt added to your problem.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

ShamensStamen
#19 Posted : 1/17/2024 2:39:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Just wanna add that apparently DMT does bind to the Histamine 1 receptor, and also Harmaline iirc can inhibit Histamine N-Methyltransferase. If you ever notice a Histamine response again, try taking an anti-Histamine to counteract Histamine 1 binding, see how that goes.

Technomancy
#20 Posted : 1/20/2024 2:29:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fourcrows

That is very interesting that your body had that reaction to the plant chemicals and not the DMT itself. The human genome is very complicated and it does not need to like everything you try to put in it. Never heard of this happening before but glad you are ok and and found the potential issue.

Safe travels!
As we tumble through time, we meet. We share, We grow..
LSD, DMT, Mescaline and Psilocybin 👁️