CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV56789NEXT
Deciding on a DMT extraction Tek for my first time Options

doubledog
#121 Posted : 5/23/2023 9:24:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is also my experience that pulls with benzine could be quite inefficient and some spice is left in the soup. It's not the best solvent.

I always separated dmt from acidic water by basifying, precipitating of freebase it and filtering it out. Much easier than evaporating the water, but of course this depends on your goal.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Madhattress
#122 Posted : 5/23/2023 9:35:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

doubledog wrote:
This is also my experience that pulls with benzine could be quite inefficient and some spice is left in the soup. It's not the best solvent.

I always separated dmt from acidic water by basifying, precipitating of freebase it and filtering it out. Much easier than evaporating the water, but of course this depends on your goal.

Oh really? That is interesting. That is kind of unfortunate because Naphtha is not available here. DO you think petroleum ether 40-60 would work better than benzine? Because this I can manage to get.

Otherwise I will just keep using benzine and do a Xylene pull at the end and then either make citrate or freebase, like you said, depending what the end goal is.

“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence McKenna

doubledog
#123 Posted : 5/23/2023 9:42:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

To be honest, I don't know, I no longer use these solvents due to its smell. Big grin but there should be something locally available to you.
My friend just used different kind of local "benzine" and his yield was better than mine.

Last time I used just xylene.

Madhattress
#124 Posted : 5/23/2023 9:49:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

doubledog wrote:
To be honest, I don't know, I no longer use these solvents due to its smell. Big grin but there should be something locally available to you.
My friend just used different kind of local "benzine" and his yield was better than mine.

Last time I used just xylene.

ahhh okay, got you Thumbs up Ill keep looking and testing to see if i can find something better. Smile

“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence McKenna

_Trip_
#125 Posted : 5/23/2023 10:00:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You should be bound to have some form of naphtha, weather as a camping fuel or lighter fluid. It just maybe under a different name, it's worth looking at the sds documents on certain available solvents.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

Madhattress
#126 Posted : 5/23/2023 10:35:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
You should be bound to have some form of naphtha, weather as a camping fuel or lighter fluid. It just maybe under a different name, it's worth looking at the sds documents on certain available solvents.

yeah, maybe ill try some lighter fluid and do a depper dive on what is available locally and under what names. Does it matter what lighter fluid is used when freezer precipitating? I can understand if you were to evaporate that trace elements would not be good.

_Trip_
#127 Posted : 5/23/2023 11:37:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You want to look at the safety data sheet (sometimes called the material safety data sheet) of the product. This will tell you exactly what the make up is, if it's heavy or light distilled naphtha or if there are other solvents mixed in or additives.

If it's heptane, hexane or naphtha mix it'll freeze precipitate.

Madhattress
#128 Posted : 5/23/2023 12:04:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
You want to look at the safety data sheet (sometimes called the material safety data sheet) of the product. This will tell you exactly what the make up is, if it's heavy or light distilled naphtha or if there are other solvents mixed in or additives.

If it's heptane, hexane or naphtha mix it'll freeze precipitate.

Cool, yeah ill have a little look again and see whats around here. Thanks

Madhattress
#129 Posted : 5/30/2023 10:23:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Madhattress wrote:
Loveall wrote:
Toluene is less stinky, but I guess you have xylene from Kash's A/B already.

Simply dump a teaspoon of benzoic acid into the xylene. It dissolves and
DMT xtlas precipitate out. BS recommended freezer xtalization.

Essentially it is like a CIELO solvent/acid combo but for DMT.

Benzoic acid is easy to find. It is used in the food and cosmetic industry.

So after doing a pull with Xylene i would add benzoic acid and then a freezer precipitation or evaporate? And how many pulls should be done at how many ml of xylene for a 50g mhrb extraction?

How much benzoic acid would one use?

Sorry for all the questions just want to understand for if i do this.

No evaporation. About a teaspoon per quart of xylene/toluene is plenty. It will cloud/crash at room temperature, to fully crash it all put in the freezer per BW (now BS, sorry). However, time alone also helps crash it well at room temp.

Hi loveall,

So i finally managed to get my hands on Benzoic acid. I am doing another extraction this weekend and then for my last pull with Xylene I will be doing your method using the BA instead of what i did the last time with my water pull.

Just curious, you mentioned about a teaspoon for a quart... but if i have lets say around 100ml in total, would I divide that teaspoon by around 9? or does this not matter as much in the end result?

I just dont want my DMT citrate to be weighed down by excess salt...

Also once it is added, how long does it usually take to crash out? And is it best to put it in the freezer once i added my acid?

Loveall
#130 Posted : 5/31/2023 12:46:43 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

How much dmt acid are you expecting? I would add 1 part beanzoic acidbfir every part of DMT. You cN verify toluene is salted with pH straps.

Freezer is good, a few days.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Madhattress
#131 Posted : 5/31/2023 1:06:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
How much dmt acid are you expecting? I would add 1 part beanzoic acidbfir every part of DMT. You cN verify toluene is salted with pH straps.

Freezer is good, a few days.

Well after all my bezine pulls, my last xylene pull i got around 1.5g of dmt citrate so roughly 750mg i would estimate. So would i then add 750mg of benzoic acid?

_Trip_
#132 Posted : 5/31/2023 1:18:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you have already done naphtha pulls start with 750mg. When you decant the xylene add a bit more and see if extra crashes out. I believe solubility is high so you could potentially go a bit more than 750mg.

Madhattress
#133 Posted : 5/31/2023 1:51:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
If you have already done naphtha pulls start with 750mg. When you decant the xylene add a bit more and see if extra crashes out. I believe solubility is high so you could potentially go a bit more than 750mg.

I am only doing the next 100g mhrb extraction this weekend. But i am basing it off of the dmt citrate i made my last extraction which was 1.5g so around 750mg dmt. I will see how much freebase i get out and work out roughly how much is left in the soup for my xylene pull. (Basing this off of the same bark i used last time)

Madhattress
#134 Posted : 6/2/2023 10:18:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraction 2 prep for the weekend.

Madhattress attached the following image(s):
20230602_104759.jpg (4,178kb) downloaded 123 time(s).

_Trip_
#135 Posted : 6/2/2023 12:24:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just a thought.
Base your calculations of 2%, dissolve the benzoic acid in 50ml of xylene (2g should work), make sure it all dissolves then add it to the xylene pull. That way you can guarantee all the benzoic acid dissolves before you add it to the xylene pull (if worried about excess benzoic acid).

famine
#136 Posted : 6/2/2023 9:44:51 PM

Entheogen Enthusiast

Chemical expert

_Trip_ wrote:
Just a thought.
Base your calculations of 2%, dissolve the benzoic acid in 50ml of xylene (2g should work), make sure it all dissolves then add it to the xylene pull. That way you can guarantee all the benzoic acid dissolves before you add it to the xylene pull (if worried about excess benzoic acid).

Also you can wash with fresh xylene

Madhattress
#137 Posted : 6/3/2023 6:52:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
Just a thought.

Awesome, i will definitely do that then. Thanks

Madhattress
#138 Posted : 6/3/2023 6:53:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

famine wrote:
_Trip_ wrote:
Just a thought.

Also you can wash with fresh xylene

Okay great. Will do that as well. ThanksSmile

Madhattress
#139 Posted : 6/5/2023 12:51:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So here is a photo of the first two pulls from the 100g mhrb in my pryex dish.

I still have another jar still in the freezer with some other pulls which is also looking quite promising. I think with everything we learned from my last extraction is resulting in more freebase.

I have also salted the xylene pull with Benzoic acid and is in the freezer as of a few mins ago. Will see what that does over the next few days.
Madhattress attached the following image(s):
IMG-20230605-WA0013.jpg (296kb) downloaded 84 time(s).

Madhattress
#140 Posted : 6/5/2023 3:17:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys,

So i am also just wondering that after i decant the DMT from the Xylene/benzoic acid mix.... Can this be vaped or must it be converted to freebase in order to do this?

ThanksSmile

«PREV56789NEXT