CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV45678NEXT»
Deciding on a DMT extraction Tek for my first time Options

_Trip_
#101 Posted : 5/21/2023 10:56:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hard to tell with that photo, maybe take a heater or hair dryer to it to ensure the moisture is gone then do the EA wash. Any water content may enable the EA to hold a small amount if dmt citrate. Unfortunately it does pull moisture from the air over time. You wont get a fine crystaline product, but if you're confident it's almost moisture free, scrape and do an EA wash and see what gets left behind.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Madhattress
#102 Posted : 5/22/2023 11:22:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
Hard to tell with that photo, maybe take a heater or hair dryer to it to ensure the moisture is gone then do the EA wash. Any water content may enable the EA to hold a small amount if dmt citrate. Unfortunately it does pull moisture from the air over time. You wont get a fine crystaline product, but if you're confident it's almost moisture free, scrape and do an EA wash and see what gets left behind.

Okay cool, so i dried it properly and then did 2 x warm EA washes just to be safe.

It looks like i got quite a substantial amount out. But now the question is, what is the strength of citrate in comparison to freebase by weight?

Im going to do a final weigh in soon and report back.

Here are some photos after the washes.

Madhattress attached the following image(s):
20230522_113000.jpg (3,449kb) downloaded 225 time(s).
20230522_115845.jpg (4,188kb) downloaded 225 time(s).
20230522_115910.jpg (1,120kb) downloaded 225 time(s).
20230522_120016.jpg (1,197kb) downloaded 224 time(s).
“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence McKenna

_Trip_
#103 Posted : 5/22/2023 11:32:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Has it formed a goo yet? It should.

With a couple EA washes there shouldn't be any citric acid left. In terms of potency, if ejuice is your goal Loveall's Hielo tek states Mono-DMT citrate hydrate (which would be 398.413g/mol, roughly half the strength of freebase-i think).
He's dialed in a good ratio for an e-juice mix https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/HIELO.

Madhattress
#104 Posted : 5/22/2023 11:44:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
Has it formed a goo yet? It should.

With a couple EA washes there shouldn't be any citric acid left. In terms of potency, if ejuice is your goal Loveall's Hielo tek states Mono-DMT citrate hydrate (which would be 398.413g/mol, roughly half the strength of freebase-i think).
He's dialed I'm a good ratio for an e-juice mix https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/HIELO.

It was a sort of goo, then i dried it with a hairdryer. Then washed it twice and now it is in the sugarlike form.... must i be doing more washes?

I cant think that it would be just the excess citric acid to make it this form because i used very little... is it acting like a combining agent of sorts then?
“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence McKenna

_Trip_
#105 Posted : 5/22/2023 11:48:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Whenever I've made dmt citrate in EA it's turned from a crystal like cluster to goo, presumably due to mositure from the air. Loveall noticed the same thing in the hielo tek. What's the weight of the original freebase pull and the dmt citrate?

Madhattress
#106 Posted : 5/22/2023 12:04:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
Whenever I've made dmt citrate in EA it's turned from a crystal like cluster to goo, presumably due to mositure from the air. Loveall noticed the same thing in the hielo tek. What's the weight of the original freebase pull and the dmt citrate?

So my dmt freebase pulls yielded 590mg.

And this citrate sticky sugar says it weighs 5.76g.

I dont smell any EA on it anymore either.

Maybe i should wash again?
20230522_130156.jpg (3,064kb) downloaded 197 time(s).
20230522_130208.jpg (3,361kb) downloaded 197 time(s).

_Trip_
#107 Posted : 5/22/2023 12:27:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah that would be like an approx 3.5% pull from 100g. Unless you have somehow made dmt tricitrate in the water solution?
Try to cut/crush it up and wash again with EA maybe. Worst case you can do a mini a/b. Simply base it (as its already an acid) in a small amount of water and repull with naphtha (or equiv).

Madhattress
#108 Posted : 5/22/2023 12:31:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
Yeah that would be like an approx 3.5% pull from 100g. Unless you have somehow made dmt tricitrate in the water solution?
Try to cut/crush it up and wash again with EA maybe. Worst case you can do a mini a/b. Simply base it (as its already an acid) in a small amount of water and repull with naphtha (or equiv).

Dmt tricitrate?

The only thing i did was my xylene pull(which was very thorough) i spent a whole day agitating it and getting rid of emulsions before pulling, i then pulled and added RO water, around 1/4 teaspoon (probably less) citric acid and shook everything up. Waited for separation and pulled and evaporated.

I crushed everything up now and will do more EA washes and see what happens.

Madhattress
#109 Posted : 5/22/2023 12:56:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:

Did another EA wash after crushing it. Seems more formed into one mash now, which i think is good?

Will let it dry and see and maybe do another wash....
20230522_135513.jpg (1,356kb) downloaded 163 time(s).
20230522_135506.jpg (3,883kb) downloaded 162 time(s).

Madhattress
#110 Posted : 5/22/2023 2:00:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:

Okay so after crushing and washing again in EA and then drying it under a fan its looking more and more like you are describing it should.

Now the weight has gone to 4.17g. What do you think of consistency?

20230522_145829.jpg (4,366kb) downloaded 149 time(s).

_Trip_
#111 Posted : 5/22/2023 2:26:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's looking better still sounds too high. 2.4g approx would be theoretic max if it is forming mono dmt citrate, which would be about 2% total pull on the bark. So 4.17 is still too high.
Having said that iirc, the times I've played around with dmt citrate it was much heavier than it should have been. Hard to know exactly what's going on. Could be forming a di or tricitrate form? Mean the dmt is binding to multiple citric acid molecules per dmt molecule instead of one hence the heavier result.

You could try either:
Another couple EA washes.
Min a/b
Or try a small portion in an e-juice mix and see if it's strong enough for vaping.

I think there's a very good chance you've pulled extra dmt.

Madhattress
#112 Posted : 5/22/2023 2:34:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
It's looking better still sounds too high. 2.4g approx would be theoretic max if it is forming mono dmt citrate, which would be about 2% total pull on the bark. So 4.17 is still too high.
Having said that iirc, the times I've played around with dmt citrate it was much heavier than it should have been. Hard to know exactly what's going on. Could be forming a di or tricitrate form? Mean the dmt is binding to multiple citric acid molecules per dmt molecule instead of one hence the heavier result.

You could try either:
Min a/b
Or try a small portion in an e-juice mix and see if it's strong enough for vaping.

Okay cool. I will try another wash or two and see where we are at.

If i were to preform a conversion, you mentioned basifying(with lye?) And then pulling with naphtha.

Would you then evaporate the naphtha or how exactly do you get to freebase?

I have been looking at wiki but couldn't find a recipe for converting dmt citrate to freebase.

_Trip_
#113 Posted : 5/22/2023 2:38:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, you'd mix the dmt citrate in a small amount of water add lye and pull with naphtha. Then you can evaporate or freeze precipitate. No different than what you did before. No need to use large amounts of water or even lye just enough to dissolve the citrate and enough lye to base it to ph 12-13.

The lye will convert the dmt citrate into freebase so the solvent can then pull it.

Madhattress
#114 Posted : 5/22/2023 2:41:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
Yeah, you'd mix the dmt citrate in a small amount of water add lye and pull with naphtha. Then you can evaporate or freeze precipitate. No different than what you did before. No need to use large amounts of water or even lye just enough to dissolve the citrate and enough lye to base it to ph 12-13.

The lye will convert the dmt citrate into freebase so the solvent can then pull it.

Awesome, thanks. 👌 ill freezer precipitate it then if i decide to do the mini ab if my washes arnt soing what i want.

Madhattress
#115 Posted : 5/22/2023 3:10:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:

You could try either:
Min a/b

Okay, we getting somewhere now. Might do 2 more washes and then hopefully i got it all.

20230522_160845.jpg (3,773kb) downloaded 125 time(s).

Madhattress
#116 Posted : 5/22/2023 4:58:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:

You could try either:
Min a/b

So after 3 more washes it is this consistency and at 2g.

Do you perhaps have a photo of what yours looked like in consistency?

20230522_175545.jpg (2,690kb) downloaded 113 time(s).
20230522_175601.jpg (1,034kb) downloaded 113 time(s).

_Trip_
#117 Posted : 5/22/2023 11:06:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That looks about right for dmt citrate (colour and consistency) for memory, from when I've converted it in EA. If you've done multiple washes and it's staying at 2g I'd say that's about right then. The numbers add up too. So your final yield is about 1.6% approx all up with the dmt citrate and freebase.

If you choose the benzoic acid route next time you will find its much less work.

It may have been a bit of work for your first time but I would guess you've learnt a lot and you got there in the end with a good yeild all up.

Let us know how you go with the ejuice. Worst case you can always convert it.

Madhattress
#118 Posted : 5/23/2023 7:43:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
That looks about right for dmt citrate (colour and consistency) for memory, from when I've converted it in EA. If you've done multiple washes and it's staying at 2g I'd say that's about right then. The numbers add up too. So your final yield is about 1.6% approx all up with the dmt citrate and freebase.

If you choose the benzoic acid route next time you will find its much less work.

It may have been a bit of work for your first time but I would guess you've learnt a lot and you got there in the end with a good yeild all up.

Let us know how you go with the ejuice. Worst case you can always convert it.

Hi trip,

So after doing a final wash last night, i left the dmt in EA overnight and had minimal loss to my previous wash. So the citric acid is definitely all out now and matches consistency described.

Total yield for the dmt citrate is 1.54g.

So overall i am happy i did it and got a pretty decent yield after all. Good to know the bark isnt too bad.

I definitely will go the benzoic acid route next time as ill make sure i have it on hand. But i am happy to have put in all the work for this first extraction because i really did learn alot!

I gave it my all Laughing

Thanks again for all the guidance, you were so helpful! Excited about my future extractions.

Heres a pic of the final dmt citrate.

I will definitely post some updates once ive made some ejuice.

20230523_083719.jpg (3,055kb) downloaded 77 time(s).

_Trip_
#119 Posted : 5/23/2023 9:02:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah that looks right. Well done. 1.4% approx yeild overall with the freebase. I'd say the bark is good.

Madhattress
#120 Posted : 5/23/2023 9:15:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
Yeah that looks right. Well done. 1.4% approx yeild overall with the freebase. I'd say the bark is good.

Thanks Smile im quite happy with the outcome.

Just makes me think though that i need to try a different tek because of how much was leftover in the bark.... i really pulled and pulled and was thorough with my bezine pulls.

Going to try an AB instead and see if it makes a difference.

«PREV45678NEXT»