PREV12345NEXT»
Deciding on a DMT extraction Tek for my first time Options

Loveall
#41 Posted : 5/16/2023 12:06:18 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Madhattress wrote:
Loveall wrote:
Toluene is less stinky, but I guess you have xylene from Kash's A/B already.

Simply dump a teaspoon of benzoic acid into the xylene. It dissolves and
DMT xtlas precipitate out. BS recommended freezer xtalization.

Essentially it is like a CIELO solvent/acid combo but for DMT.

Benzoic acid is easy to find. It is used in the food and cosmetic industry.

So after doing a pull with Xylene i would add benzoic acid and then a freezer precipitation or evaporate? And how many pulls should be done at how many ml of xylene for a 50g mhrb extraction?

How much benzoic acid would one use?

Sorry for all the questions just want to understand for if i do this.

No evaporation. About a teaspoon per quart of xylene/toluene is plenty. It will cloud/crash at room temperature, to fully crash it all put in the freezer per BW (now BS, sorry). However, time alone also helps crash it well at room temp.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Madhattress
#42 Posted : 5/16/2023 11:32:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
One thing i forgot to mention, the solvent (Benzine/ naphtha etc) will still hold on to some dmt even at -20c in the freezer. Granted it'll be minimal hence precipitation. However, it wpuld be a good idea to evaporate say 50% before freezing to increase saturation in the benzine this will help extra dmt precipiatate.

Once you have freeze precipiatated the dmt you can evaporate the decantted benzine from the freeze step to recover some dmt (and impurities) or use it on your next extraction as it will be slightly loaded with dmt making the freeze precipiatate yield more next extraction.

Also Norman's tek calls for you to roll the naphtha around I suggest shaking it IMO, however this could create emulsion issues so it becomes a balancing act. Emulsion can still be fixed with a by adding a bit more lye (this is more of an issue with ARB bot MHRB). Downside to adding more lye is the dmt could be more oily/ yellow due to more impurities due to higher pH.

Okay,that's great information to know. Thanks.

I weighed in my extra yield i got from those two hot pulls and got 200mg.

I am going to attempt one or two more pulls using all the solvent i used for the other pulls. I am going to evaporate all of the liquid down to a small amount and use those to do the last pulls and see if i manage to get anything out.

Some of my pulls i did i think i may have put too much solvent in my jars for the freezer precipitation. So maybe by taking all the liquid/solvent i used for this extraction(from the first pull to the last) i can manage to get more dmt out. I will make sure to have more jars with less solvent in each.

Worth a shot. Lets see..

Here are some photos of the the extra spice i managed to get out thanks to your advise Smile
Madhattress attached the following image(s):
20230516_072302.jpg (2,892kb) downloaded 208 time(s).
20230516_105417.jpg (4,966kb) downloaded 209 time(s).
“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence McKenna

Madhattress
#43 Posted : 5/16/2023 11:37:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Madhattress wrote:
Loveall wrote:
Toluene is less stinky, but I guess you have xylene from Kash's A/B already.

Simply dump a teaspoon of benzoic acid into the xylene. It dissolves and
DMT xtlas precipitate out. BS recommended freezer xtalization.

Essentially it is like a CIELO solvent/acid combo but for DMT.

Benzoic acid is easy to find. It is used in the food and cosmetic industry.

So after doing a pull with Xylene i would add benzoic acid and then a freezer precipitation or evaporate? And how many pulls should be done at how many ml of xylene for a 50g mhrb extraction?

How much benzoic acid would one use?

Sorry for all the questions just want to understand for if i do this.

No evaporation. About a teaspoon per quart of xylene/toluene is plenty. It will cloud/crash at room temperature, to fully crash it all put in the freezer per BW (now BS, sorry). However, time alone also helps crash it well at room temp.

Okay that is great! So would you use the same amount of xylene to do pulls than is used in the recipe(50ml per 50g mhrb) and would you do multiple pulls as well?
“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence McKenna

_Trip_
#44 Posted : 5/16/2023 11:54:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Try to shake it this time, but only shake a bit at a time and keep an eye on emulsion, if emulsion occurs let it rest, if it still remains add a little extra lye, give it a quick shake and let it rest again. If the emulsion is still there add a little bit more lye (maybe 3-5 grams at a time for example). If you add way too much lye, the lye will turn the soup into gelatin and the solvent gets trapped.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

Madhattress
#45 Posted : 5/16/2023 12:03:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
Try to shake it this time, but only shake a bit at a time and keep an eye on emulsion, if emulsion occurs let it rest, if it still remains add a little extra lye, give it a quick shake and let it rest again. If the emulsion is still there add a little bit more lye (maybe 3-5 grams at a time for example). If you add way too much lye, the lye will turn the soup into gelatin and the solvent gets trapped.

I will make sure to shake it well and be patient with each agitation and pull. This is the last pulls i am going to attempt so I will give it my all in hopes to get some more spice out. Will keep an eye out and see if i need to use the Lye. Would keeping the soup in a hot water bath after shaking also help the emulsion settle?

Thanks so much for all the advise, it has been very informative and so useful for when I do more of my extractions in the future. Learned so much already with my first attempt.

Madhattress
#46 Posted : 5/16/2023 12:27:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also curious as it is my first time extracting dmt. What do i do with this dmt wax? Do i try and disolve it in solvent and re precipitate? Not even sure how store or use this.

Madhattress attached the following image(s):
20230516_131350.jpg (1,110kb) downloaded 190 time(s).

_Trip_
#47 Posted : 5/16/2023 12:39:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Xylene will get whatever has been missed.

As for the wax. Just put it aside, over a day or couple weeks (sometimes a month or 2) it will solidify and harden. You can smoke it, it'll be safe. It's still DMT just a polymer form.

Madhattress
#48 Posted : 5/16/2023 3:03:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
Xylene will get whatever has been missed.

As for the wax. Just put it aside, over a day or couple weeks (sometimes a month or 2) it will solidify and harden. You can smoke it, it'll be safe. It's still DMT just a polymer form.

Okay cool. Got itSmile

After these last pulls i'm going to do the Xylene pull and call it a day. Just need to order my benzoic acid as Loveall has suggested and then I will finish this extraction off.

Just need to ask how much Xylene do I use for that last pull and if i should do multiple pulls as with the Naphtha?

Wow this has been quite the learning curveVery happy But i love it! thanks again for all the input, I think my next extraction will go much better. I will definitely be doing the Max Ion tek next. I have read through it a couple of times and it seems like a super solid tek and a fun one to do.

_Trip_
#49 Posted : 5/17/2023 12:06:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you shake it thoroughly, one pull should be fine (watch for emulsion).

Toshido
#50 Posted : 5/17/2023 6:34:34 AM

Research & Development

Sent you a PM before I saw your updates here. Good job! Those xtals are nicely resolved for a first extraction!

Like Trip said, I evap down until the solvent is saturated and pee yellow before freeze precip. But I'm also stewing my soup at 70C before doing my pulls thanks to the hot plate.

Heating your solvent if you are doing a room temp extraction should help you.

To what Trip said, I didn't realize the solvent still held onto DMT past -6C. You said -20C!

If I had, say a medical freezer, what temp should I slowly set it to to maximize precipitation?
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

_Trip_
#51 Posted : 5/17/2023 6:56:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Toshido wrote:

To what Trip said, I didn't realize the solvent still held onto DMT past -6C. You said -20C!

If I had, say a medical freezer, what temp should I slowly set it to to maximize precipitation?

BW's results showed:
Naphtha in the freezer (-20 °C, C6-C7, 60-80 °C)
1,09 g in 1 L
109 mg in 100 ml

It is minimal but it would vary depending on the type of distilled naphtha I would imagine.

I think -20celcius is fine, most freezers will do -20.

Madhattress
#52 Posted : 5/17/2023 9:58:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Toshido wrote:
Sent you a PM before I saw your updates here. Good job! Those xtals are nicely resolved for a first extraction!

Like Trip said, I evap down until the solvent is saturated and pee yellow before freeze precip. But I'm also stewing my soup at 70C before doing my pulls thanks to the hot plate.

Heating your solvent if you are doing a room temp extraction should help you.

Hey there! yeah i got you PM. Thanks for the tips anywaysBig grin

And thanks! I am pretty happy with my first extraction, it can only go better from here. I will definitely be using a flat pyrex dish with a lid next time Laughing Thumbs up

Madhattress
#53 Posted : 5/17/2023 10:03:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So those last pulls were very minimal but got a little out. So my total yield this far is around 560mg.

Do you think it is worth doing the Xylene pull after i did so many hot pulls on this soup? (i really was very thorough these last two days with my hot pulls i have done. I shook the shit out of the soups yesterday with my pull i did and this pull was over a couple of hours with around 6 agitations.

Do you think i can safely assume that my bark is on the lower end of % alkaloids contained?

Smile

_Trip_
#54 Posted : 5/17/2023 10:18:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe, seems low for MHRB, what's the PH?

Madhattress
#55 Posted : 5/17/2023 10:26:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:

The PH is 12.5....

Madhattress
#56 Posted : 5/17/2023 10:33:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:

Also feel like it is quite low... Should this tek i used be able to pull it all in theory? Or would a tek such as the Max Ion maybe be more effective?

_Trip_
#57 Posted : 5/17/2023 10:34:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Might be the bark then, worth testing a pull with xylene.

Could be multiple issues, how fine the bark is ground, how effective the acid cook was, how long the lye had to breakdown the bark etc.

Likely you did everything right. Try a max ion of you want. It takes most people multiple extractions to find out what works for them.

(It still could be the bark itself).

Madhattress
#58 Posted : 5/17/2023 10:41:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:

Could be multiple issues, how fine the bark is ground, how effective the acid cook was, how long the lye had to breakdown the bark etc.

Likely you did everything right. Try a max ion of you want. It takes most people multiple extractions to find out what works for them.

Yeah i guess ill have to see with the next extraction to really know if it is the bark. I still have 200grams left to extract so hopefully i get better yields and if not then I will have to look elsewhere. Nonetheless, atleast I have done my first DMT extraction and I have learned alot in a short amount of time.

I will do a pull with Xylene and then call it quits on this soup haha.

Thanks Trip for everything. You are a starThumbs up Smile

Madhattress
#59 Posted : 5/17/2023 10:48:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:

Just realized,

In Normans tek there is no Acid Cook involved..... it goes straight to making a Lye Solution and letting it sit....

Do you think it would be more worthwhile to look at a tek that does involve a acid cook before bringing the PH up with Lye?

_Trip_
#60 Posted : 5/17/2023 10:57:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah its a straight to base, look try a A/B tek and see if your yeild increases.

No worries good luck.Big grin

PREV12345NEXT»