DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
Deciding on a DMT extraction Tek for my first time Options

Madhattress
#21 Posted : 5/8/2023 1:32:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys,

So i am going to do my first extraction the weekend using Normans tek.

Just wondering if i can add all the solvent pulls into one jar or if it has to be multiple jars for each pull as i read in the recipe?

Do i cover the solvent jar with cling wrap before the freezer or can i use lids to close the jar?

Any other tips using the extraction tek will be appreciated.

“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence McKenna

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Madhattress
#22 Posted : 5/8/2023 1:34:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
- Cybs max ion TEK is tried and true, but it does take a while. I would do this at least once, it is a standard for yield. For a given root bark source, all good teks should converge to the yield you get with this TEK.
- Noman's TEK is less work and relies on lazily grinding the bark finely and breaking it up with lye (a great shortcut in my opinion). In my humble opinion it uses too much water/lye and solvent separation is a little tedious.
- There are experimental TEKs such as CITLO and HIELO that are very promising for the lazy hippie. HIELO would be the fast and lazy way to make a DMT salt e-juice. Hoeevdr, these TEKs are still in development and I can't recommend them at this time. Maybe in the future.

Hi Loveall,

How much water and lye do you suggest to use for the normans tek recipe at 50g as you mentioned you think it is too much?
“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.” - Terence McKenna

Loveall
#23 Posted : 5/8/2023 2:18:35 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Madhattress wrote:
Loveall wrote:
- Cybs max ion TEK is tried and true, but it does take a while. I would do this at least once, it is a standard for yield. For a given root bark source, all good teks should converge to the yield you get with this TEK.
- Noman's TEK is less work and relies on lazily grinding the bark finely and breaking it up with lye (a great shortcut in my opinion). In my humble opinion it uses too much water/lye and solvent separation is a little tedious.
- There are experimental TEKs such as CITLO and HIELO that are very promising for the lazy hippie. HIELO would be the fast and lazy way to make a DMT salt e-juice. Hoeevdr, these TEKs are still in development and I can't recommend them at this time. Maybe in the future.

Hi Loveall,

How much water and lye do you suggest to use for the normans tek recipe at 50g as you mentioned you think it is too much?

Noman's TEK is 1:15:1 for Bark:Water:Lye. Works great, but need to separate liquid layers.

What I have been using is 1:1.5:0.25. This creates a viscous paste and warm naphta pulls can be poured off witout dealing with two liquids.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Toshido
#24 Posted : 5/8/2023 2:23:10 PM

Research & Development

While we wait for Loveall to chime in... most TEKS including Norman's and Earthwalker's call for 1:1 Rootbark to Sodium Hydroxide.

I'm still running experiments but I'm almost certain it's overkill depending on how much water you use. I'll still trying to find the sweet spot but if I'm doing 50g powdered bark with my TEK, somewhere in between 30-40g should be plenty.

The thing is, if you over basify to a full on 14 pH, you'll still get DMT. But if you can successfully get it closer to 12.5, you'll maximize your yield.

I think the TEKs on here just call for 1:1 bark to lye out of simplicity for others.
🌳👨‍🔬🌳 - My A/B Hot Plate TEK - 🌳👨‍🔬🌳
🍜🍜🍜 - Don't Heat Your Naphtha, Heat Your Soup! - 🍜🍜🍜
✴✴✴ - White Spice vs Yellow Spice - 🌟🌟🌟
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness." - Terence McKenna
🙌 "Dang, that's really impressive for a first extraction. Those xtals are nicely resolved." - Benzyme 🙌

Madhattress
#25 Posted : 5/8/2023 3:16:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Madhattress wrote:
Loveall wrote:

Hi Loveall,

Noman's TEK is 1:15:1 for Bark:Water:Lye. Works great, but need to separate liquid layers.

What I have been using is 1:1.5:0.25. This creates a viscous paste and warm naphta pulls can be poured off witout dealing with two liquids.

Thanks for the info.

Just curious, do i have to do warm napha pulls with normans tek? As it does not mention anything about warming the solvent?

Just want to make sure i do everything to maximize my yield.

Loveall
#26 Posted : 5/9/2023 2:10:34 PM

❤️‍🔥

Madhattress wrote:
Loveall wrote:
Madhattress wrote:
Loveall wrote:

Hi Loveall,

Thanks for the info.

Just curious, do i have to do warm napha pulls with normans tek? As it does not mention anything about warming the solvent?

Just want to make sure i do everything to maximize my yield.

I have done Noman's TEK (no warm naphtha) and needed a few more pulls to exhaustbthebbark. Also, any DMT oil (aggregated DMT) will be mostly left behind.

Warm pulls will exaust the bark faster have a DMT oil yield bonus (if present).

This is just my experience. I could be wrong.

Madhattress
#27 Posted : 5/14/2023 11:10:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys,

So i did my first dmt extraction yesterday using Normans tek.

I am quite happy with my first attempt and did 2 X 50g MHRB extractions.

Here are some pictures of my two jars. I still need to scrape and weigh it but i will update soon once i weigh in 🙂

Madhattress attached the following image(s):
20230514_114644.jpg (3,763kb) downloaded 247 time(s).
20230514_114720.jpg (1,702kb) downloaded 247 time(s).
20230514_115055.jpg (1,817kb) downloaded 248 time(s).
20230514_115105.jpg (1,488kb) downloaded 248 time(s).

Madhattress
#28 Posted : 5/15/2023 9:32:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So the total Yield for the 100G MHRB was 300mg. So not the best yield but I am quite happy with the look of Xtals i got which were pure white.

So in theory Normans tek should pull all the DMT out or is the Max Ion tek better for yield? I will have to do the test to see if it is rather my quality of bark or if another tek will help with a better yield increase. (as mentioned in Normans tek that .5% is achievable)

Anyways, i still have more bark to do experiments on but I am overall happy with my first extraction attempt even though the yield isn't something to write home about and I am so glad i finally got to do it after wanting to for many years.

Onwards and upwards from here.

Thanks everyone for the advise, i love you allLove Smile

_Trip_
#29 Posted : 5/15/2023 10:10:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Try hot solvent pulls on the same base soup (which I hope you've kept). You'll get a better yield (just maybe more yellow).

Xylene or toulene could also be used as a final pull ro get any extras missed this may come out more oily though. (You'll also have to evaporate this it won't freeze precipitate).
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

Madhattress
#30 Posted : 5/15/2023 10:14:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
Try hot solvent pulls on the same base soup (which I hope you've kept). You'll get a better yield (just maybe more yellow).

Xylene or toulene could also be used as a final pull ro get any extras missed this may come out more oily though. (You'll also have to evaporate this it won't freeze precipitate).

Hey there,

I did indeed keep the soup, which I left some solvent in and am agitating every couple of hours. But I will pull that solvent and then try some hot solvents pulls on it.

If that fails I do have some Xylene and will give that a shot as well.

Thanks for the advise, I will definitely be trying those steps.

_Trip_
#31 Posted : 5/15/2023 10:21:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hot pulls with naphtha (i assume your using) will increase yeild a lot. Just don't heat with an open flame Big grin .

Xylene will help pull any extras, keep in mind this will be an oil that if given enough time should solidify to a wax. This can take anywhere from hours to weeks. MHRB may not be as oily.

Good luck.

Madhattress
#32 Posted : 5/15/2023 10:39:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
Hot pulls with naphtha (i assume your using) will increase yeild a lot. Just don't heat with an open flame Big grin .

Xylene will help pull any extras, keep in mind this will be an oil that if given enough time should solidify to a wax. This can take anywhere from hours to weeks. MHRB may not be as oily.

Good luck.

Well where I live we dont get Naptha but I have been using Benzine which Merkin suggested as the solvent of choice here, which is similar.

How hot would you say the solvent should be to do more pulls? Would you do a few pulls or one?

and yes, of course, I'll use a double boiler method on the stove.
Smile

_Trip_
#33 Posted : 5/15/2023 10:57:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe go until you see it boiling (once you see a few bubbles forming). Yeah do 2-3.

With naphtha I just heat it in hot water boiled from the kettle. Sitting it in that usually gets it to boiling point or close to which I then do the pulls with. Sitting the soup in hot water bath should help too.

Madhattress
#34 Posted : 5/15/2023 11:06:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
Maybe go until you see it boiling (once you see a few bubbles forming). Yeah do 2-3.

With naphtha I just heat it in hot water boiled from the kettle. Sitting it in that usually gets it to boiling point or close to which I then do the pulls with. Sitting the soup in hot water bath should help too.

okay great!

Thanks for the tips, i really appreciate it.

Lets see if this bark has anything left to give. I will report back when i have tried those steps. Very happy

Loveall
#35 Posted : 5/15/2023 1:23:07 PM

❤️‍🔥

If you do try xyleme or toluene you can salt them with benzoic acid. Then convert the salt xtals to freebase.

Madhattress
#36 Posted : 5/15/2023 1:44:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:

Okay, so i took all the advice.

I first heated up my soup, in a pot of boiling water until it was hot.(not on direct heat)

Then heated up the solvent until it bubbled.

I did 2 pulls in each jar, with 4 agitations per pull. After every agitation i put it back into the hot water pot while busy with the other jar and so i did the rotaion each time. The soup stayed hot the whole time while pulling.

I will see now if i get anything from these pulls and my last resort will be to do a Napha pull as suggested.

Here is a picture of the solvent pulls i did now. It has color to it now compared to my original pulls. So hopefully something is in there.

Madhattress attached the following image(s):
20230515_143623.jpg (3,022kb) downloaded 146 time(s).

Madhattress
#37 Posted : 5/15/2023 1:47:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
If you do try xyleme or toluene you can salt them with benzoic acid. Then convert the salt xtals to freebase.

Hey Loveall,

I just did the hot solvent and hot soup pulls so lets see if something happens.

I will use xylene as a last resort if nothing comes out.

When and how exactly do you salt when pulling with xylene?

Loveall
#38 Posted : 5/15/2023 7:07:04 PM

❤️‍🔥

Toluene is less stinky, but I guess you have xylene from Kash's A/B already.

Simply dump a teaspoon of benzoic acid into the xylene. It dissolves and
DMT xtlas precipitate out. BS recommended freezer xtalization.

Essentially it is like a CIELO solvent/acid combo but for DMT.

Benzoic acid is easy to find. It is used in the food and cosmetic industry.

Madhattress
#39 Posted : 5/15/2023 8:37:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Toluene is less stinky, but I guess you have xylene from Kash's A/B already.

Simply dump a teaspoon of benzoic acid into the xylene. It dissolves and
DMT xtlas precipitate out. BS recommended freezer xtalization.

Essentially it is like a CIELO solvent/acid combo but for DMT.

Benzoic acid is easy to find. It is used in the food and cosmetic industry.

So after doing a pull with Xylene i would add benzoic acid and then a freezer precipitation or evaporate? And how many pulls should be done at how many ml of xylene for a 50g mhrb extraction?

How much benzoic acid would one use?

Sorry for all the questions just want to understand for if i do this.

_Trip_
#40 Posted : 5/15/2023 11:54:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One thing i forgot to mention, the solvent (Benzine/ naphtha etc) will still hold on to some dmt even at -20c in the freezer. Granted it'll be minimal hence precipitation. However, it wpuld be a good idea to evaporate say 50% before freezing to increase saturation in the benzine this will help extra dmt precipiatate.

Once you have freeze precipiatated the dmt you can evaporate the decantted benzine from the freeze step to recover some dmt (and impurities) or use it on your next extraction as it will be slightly loaded with dmt making the freeze precipiatate yield more next extraction.

Also Norman's tek calls for you to roll the naphtha around I suggest shaking it IMO, however this could create emulsion issues so it becomes a balancing act. Emulsion can still be fixed with a by adding a bit more lye (this is more of an issue with ARB bot MHRB). Downside to adding more lye is the dmt could be more oily/ yellow due to more impurities due to higher pH.

PREV1234NEXT»