CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Rue Tea Anyone ? Options

MuteUSO
#21 Posted : 7/3/2023 5:17:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone here just boil bigger batches of seeds and then just take from that brew portion wise? I am wondering what the shelf life would be of such a brew?

Somewhat relatedly - if doing cold soaks, for how long can you safely let the seeds soak? I am a bit concerned that pathogens can form.

And to answer the OP: I do the same as Dragonrider, I just cover some seeds with boiling water, let it sit a 12-24h and then drink the water. I don't even bother to pulverise the seeds. Works pretty well, although I probably lose some potency when compared to doing a 'proper' brew.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Voidmatrix
#22 Posted : 7/4/2023 3:17:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

MuteUSO wrote:
Does anyone here just boil bigger batches of seeds and then just take from that brew portion wise? I am wondering what the shelf life would be of such a brew?

I'm starting to just brew big batches now. It's convenient for daily dosing. My current dose is between 3g-4g. Based on how much I reduced it to, I only need to drink 40ml-50ml.

I roast and then boil my seeds. For this batch, I did so with 100g of seeds. I added a lot of honey to the jar that it sits in in my fridge.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

MuteUSO
#23 Posted : 7/4/2023 7:29:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
MuteUSO wrote:

I'm starting to just brew big batches now. It's convenient for daily dosing. My current dose is between 3g-4g. Based on how much I reduced it to, I only need to drink 40ml-50ml.

I roast and then boil my seeds. For this batch, I did so with 100g of seeds. I added a lot of honey to the jar that it sits in in my fridge.

One love

Thanks for explaining. I think that makes sense, also ecologically. Thumbs up So that means that you keep your brew in the fridge for 25+ days without having it going bad - that's good to know. I wonder whether prolonged periods of cold soaking the seeds are also possible.

Just for clarification - you do take the seeds out of the brew after you boiled them, right?

Voidmatrix
#24 Posted : 7/5/2023 12:33:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

MuteUSO wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:
MuteUSO wrote:

One love

Thanks for explaining. I think that makes sense, also ecologically. Thumbs up So that means that you keep your brew in the fridge for 25+ days without having it going bad - that's good to know. I wonder whether prolonged periods of cold soaking the seeds are also possible.

Just for clarification - you do take the seeds out of the brew after you boiled them, right?

Well, because I have a bad habit of not doing my best for myself Razz yes, it should be good after 25 days in the fridge since I made mine and let it sit in the fridge for over a month...

As for cold soaking, perhaps you can do an experiment and then share the results with us Smile

And yes, I filter the seeds out with a strainer as I pour the brew into its storage jar.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

MuteUSO
#25 Posted : 7/6/2023 9:28:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:

As for cold soaking, perhaps you can do an experiment and then share the results with us Smile

One love

Aye, captain. Will try that. IME experience short cold soaks (like 12-16 hours) reduce a little the potential for nausea, but make for a less 'full' experience than boiled (or eating the seeds). For me, in terms of effect 'spectrum' it's: swallowing seeds>boil>cold soak. Actually, I think my favourite is holding crushed seeds sublingual for 25 minutes and then swallowing; although I have ever done that with lower doses like less than 2g.

PREV12