CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Looking for tek suggestions (Natalensis, first non PF cake grow) Options

Mister_Niles
#1 Posted : 4/12/2023 1:49:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Disclaimer - I had a TBI several years ago. It largely resolved and then I got COVID... twice! That turned into long COVID and many of my brain injury symptoms returned. I am also someone with high functioning autism. COVID pushed that to the surface and, probably to my benefit, prevents me from masking. I am now easily overwhelmed if I attempt to consider too much info at once. I also have a bit of a difficult time with feeling as if I have successfully grasped a concept and tend to second and third guess myself. I know people here are nice, patient and helpful, as opposed to some other sites. Thank you for indulging my questions.

I'm considering doing a P. Natalensis grow. I've read huge chunks of the 400 page natalensis thread on the shroomery, and I'm more confused than ever.... although I do know they need more FAE than many varieties Smile

I want to try a bulk grow of some sort, but I'm not sure where to start. I only have an instant pot for sterilization, so I'll have to use smallish jars. (I may also be able to borrow a larger PC)
Also: and I've never worked with grains before. Only brf. And I do not have a flow hood or gear and experience for agar prep, but will go that route if highly suggested. I'm trying to stick with a SAB and MS syringe or LC.

I'm thinking I'll try rye berries and inoculate them with a LC if I go the grains route, but I've heard good stuff about popcorn and even whole brown rice. I know people tend to avoid LC, but I have only ever had success with the corn syrup microwave LC tek I use.

A big question is, should I just do a couple dozen BRF PF cakes and then use a cheese grater to spawn them to bulk or should I take the leap to grains? My brain is messed up, but I can follow instructions fairly well and I can comfortably do things that are already familiar to me. The sheer volume of available information is daunting.

Does anyone know if a recommended tek for natalensis is currently being favored? I understand that they are very similar to cubes, and many say they are easier to grow. Any opinions on a good tek to use or if I should stick with BRP cakes or attempt grain?

I know this is sort of a nebulous set of questions, and I know there is no single correct answer. I'm just needing some guidance. I appreciate any help anyone can offer. Unfortunately for me the only thing that helps with the depression and anxiety amped up by a TBI and COVID are psychedelics and creating my own supply of medicine is my only viable option. Thanks for any input and help.

as a side note, I will also be simultaneously inoculating some Mexicana jars for the truffles and future attempts at fruiting. I've successfully done truffles with PF tek, but I've never attempted to fruit them, but plan to this time. I add this to see of this has others opinions leaning toward rye or another grain instead of BRF cakes.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!