PREV123NEXT
pulling crystals from tea Options

Loveall
#21 Posted : 1/13/2024 12:45:48 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

doubledog wrote:
CIELO describes use of ethyl acetate, not any other solvent. Wink
I have never worked with MEK, but I would assume that it can extract mescaline base pretty well. Due to higher solubility with water, crystalization would be most likely different than method used in CIELO, if even possible.

I was not able to get MEK to work. It was one of the solvents tested during cielo development.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

doubledog
#22 Posted : 1/13/2024 7:56:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for info, Loveall, that is not very surprising. My understanding is that solvent must be quite nonpolar/not soluble with water to work properly.

jingamin
#23 Posted : 1/13/2024 8:37:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you both, actually it is not my fault because the cielo writer wrote MEK along with ethyl acetate Smile I have one more question, is it okay if I do this cielo application at 4-5c? Or should I do it at room temperature, i.e. 18-23c degrees?

Loveall
#24 Posted : 1/13/2024 12:31:37 PM

❤️‍🔥

jingamin wrote:
Thank you both, actually it is not my fault because the cielo writer wrote MEK along with ethyl acetate Smile I have one more question, is it okay if I do this cielo application at 4-5c? Or should I do it at room temperature, i.e. 18-23c degrees?

I wrote the TEK. It calls for ethyl acetate. I do mention it is sometimes sold as "MEK substitute", did that make you think MEK was OK?

You should xtalize at room temperature. OK to extract and or rest at 4-5C.

jingamin
#25 Posted : 1/13/2024 6:00:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
jingamin wrote:

I wrote the TEK. It calls for ethyl acetate. I do mention it is sometimes sold as "MEK substitute", did that make you think MEK was OK?

You should xtalize at room temperature. OK to extract and or rest at 4-5C.

Wooww Are you the owner of Cielo?

Loveall
#26 Posted : 1/16/2024 8:24:21 AM

❤️‍🔥

Not the owner. One of the people that developed it on this forum with others.

jingamin
#27 Posted : 1/16/2024 2:03:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes I read this later. I have especially been following you and your doubledog for a long time. Let me share the latest situation; I returned the Mek. I ordered ethyl acetate, it is arriving in the cargo now

jingamin
#28 Posted : 1/22/2024 11:06:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Thank you both,

doubledog wrote:
Thanks for info, Loveall,

https://ibb.co/9tB8nhT
There is white residue in the 1st picture.

https://ibb.co/Y8DByjd
In the 2nd picture, I separated it by pulling it from the top with a syringe. I separated it from the white residue and obtained a transparent green liquid.

Hello friends.
I did it up to the citric acid step. I haven't thrown away the citric acid yet, I have some questions for you;
I kept the total liquid from the French press in the refrigerator and there was a white residue at the bottom. I took the green liquid from the top with a syringe and separated the white residue at the bottom like this. What I'm wondering is; Has the mescalin precipitated along with the white residue at the bottom of the liquid that I kept in the refrigerator for 15 hours? I don't want to throw away the mescaline while trying to separate the white residue. I separated it, but I kept the white residue, I didn't want to throw it away without asking you. Did I do it right?

Loveall
#29 Posted : 1/22/2024 1:28:30 PM

❤️‍🔥

jingamin wrote:
Loveall wrote:
Thank you both,

doubledog wrote:
Thanks for info, Loveall,

https://ibb.co/9tB8nhT
There is white residue in the 1st picture.

https://ibb.co/Y8DByjd
In the 2nd picture, I separated it by pulling it from the top with a syringe. I separated it from the white residue and obtained a transparent green liquid.

Hello friends.
I did it up to the citric acid step. I haven't thrown away the citric acid yet, I have some questions for you;
I kept the total liquid from the French press in the refrigerator and there was a white residue at the bottom. I took the green liquid from the top with a syringe and separated the white residue at the bottom like this. What I'm wondering is; Has the mescalin precipitated along with the white residue at the bottom of the liquid that I kept in the refrigerator for 15 hours? I don't want to throw away the mescaline while trying to separate the white residue. I separated it, but I kept the white residue, I didn't want to throw it away without asking you. Did I do it right?

There is minimal mescaline in the water layer from the fridge rest. When I checked with mini A/B I got traces only.

You seem to have enough of a water layer that you should make a drier paste next time.

How much EA do you have? How much cactus did you extract?

You should be using jars that can be sealed. You may get too much evaporation and issues otherwise. Looks like you are using a wine glass?

jingamin
#30 Posted : 1/22/2024 1:37:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:

There is minimal mescaline in the water layer from the fridge rest. When I checked with mini A/B I got traces only.

You seem to have enough of a water layer that you should make a drier paste next time.

How much EA do you have? How much cactus did you extract?

You should be using jars that can be sealed. You may get too much evaporation and issues otherwise. Looks like you are using a wine glass?

But it's not a layer of water. very fine white powder?

I temporarily put the wine glass in the existing closed jar.

doubledog
#31 Posted : 1/23/2024 12:42:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Without acid, you still have your mescaline in freebase form, so any white powder is something else.

Loveall
#32 Posted : 1/23/2024 1:03:30 PM

❤️‍🔥

doubledog wrote:
Without acid, you still have your mescaline in freebase form, so any white powder is something else.

Agreed it is some kind of sediment. Not mescaline.

jingamin
#33 Posted : 1/24/2024 11:31:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
doubledog wrote:

[quote=doubledog]Without acid, you still have your mescaline in freebase form, so any white powder is something else.

https://ibb.co/0srqc8G
https://ibb.co/HqbptSg

I put citric acid in it. 12 hours have passed. Did I do something wrong? Or is everything normal? There are very small white balls sticking to the glass. yours They are not like snowflakes ❄️ like in your jars. Mine are very small and round.

Loveall
#34 Posted : 1/24/2024 3:02:43 PM

❤️‍🔥

jingamin wrote:
Loveall wrote:
doubledog wrote:

[quote=doubledog]Without acid, you still have your mescaline in freebase form, so any white powder is something else.

I put citric acid in it. 12 hours have passed. Did I do something wrong? Or is everything normal? There are very small white balls sticking to the glass. yours They are not like snowflakes ❄️ like in your jars. Mine are very small and round.

I think you have a little bit too much water and formed the beginnings of goo. This is either because your paste was too wet to begin with and/or too much water was in the extract during salting (not cold enough when decanting after fridge rest, or a few drops sneaked by).

It should be easy to recover. You can decant and re-X the white blobs with 99% IPA (everything may not dissolve since you have little water, but the water will be removed). Do you have 99% IPA? If not you can decant and try washing with warm EA (older process which may work with your borderline goo).

jingamin
#35 Posted : 1/24/2024 3:53:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
jingamin wrote:
Loveall wrote:
doubledog wrote:

I think you have a little bit too much water and formed the beginnings of goo. This is either because your paste was too wet to begin with and/or too much water was in the extract during salting (not cold enough when decanting after fridge rest, or a few drops sneaked by).

It should be easy to recover. You can decant and re-X the white blobs with 99% IPA (everything may not dissolve since you have little water, but the water will be removed). Do you have 99% IPA? If not you can decant and try washing with warm EA (older process which may work with your borderline goo).

I don't have IPA, I have ethyl acetate. but more importantly; I didn't understand what to do from what he told me. I have no knowledge of chemistry. Now what exactly do I do with ethyl acetate?

jingamin
#36 Posted : 1/24/2024 4:05:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

doubledog wrote:

@doubledog help me Sad

doubledog
#37 Posted : 1/24/2024 5:48:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Try to wait for at least another day, to better separate your mesc citrate candidate from EA, then decant EA, these blobs will probably stick to glass. If not, use some kind of filter.
Wash your product in fresh EA (you need just small amount of it), this should remove most of the water and hopefully give you some crystals.

Chemistry behind: mesc citrate is not soluble in EA, but can attract little bit of water from it. It forms a goo/blobs, not crystals, in such case. Washing the goo with EA (or some other suitable solvent which is at least partially miscible with water) will remove the water.

jingamin
#38 Posted : 1/24/2024 6:02:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

doubledog wrote:
Try to wait for at least another day, to better separate your mesc citrate candidate from EA, then decant EA, these blobs will probably stick to glass. If not, use some kind of filter.
Wash your product in fresh EA (you need just small amount of it), this should remove most of the water and hopefully give you some crystals.

Chemistry behind: mesc citrate is not soluble in EA, but can attract little bit of water from it. It forms a goo/blobs, not crystals, in such case. Washing the goo with EA (or some other suitable solvent which is at least partially miscible with water) will remove the water.

Is it true?
-After adding citric acid, sticky substance was formed.
-Green EA discharged
- Added ~80ml of fresh EA to the goo.
-Let it sit for another 24 hours. Drain the EA again and add fresh EA.
-After another 24 hours, drain the EA. and all 3 different EA's are combined.

Loveall
#39 Posted : 1/24/2024 6:14:31 PM

❤️‍🔥

jingamin wrote:

I don't have IPA, I have ethyl acetate. but more importantly; I didn't understand what to do from what he told me. I have no knowledge of chemistry. Now what exactly do I do with ethyl acetate?

1) Decant EA and leave the white blobs behind
2) Add new EA to the the blobs. About 200ml. The EA should slowly absorb water and citric acid in the blobs and leave behind a powdery product. Heat may help this move along. Alow to cool before decanting this EA (save it, it can be recycled and reused).

Make sense?

Loveall
#40 Posted : 1/24/2024 6:53:11 PM

❤️‍🔥

Loveall wrote:
jingamin wrote:

1) Decant EA and leave the white blobs behind
2) Add new EA to the the blobs. About 200ml. The EA should slowly absorb water and citric acid in the blobs and leave behind a powdery product. Heat may help this move along. Alow to cool before decanting this EA (save it, it can be recycled and reused).

Make sense?

Oops, I missed doubledog's answer. His suggestion should work.

PREV123NEXT