CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Trouble with oil burner.... Options

Xenogears
#1 Posted : 2/19/2010 1:49:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So the oil burner has had quite a learning curve but Im getting there....

Although it seems quite inefficient...

sometimes it hits quite well and then sometimes I feel like alot was wasted because I ended up with a feeling of wonder still but I was slightly disappointed...

I cannot decide if it is better to just hold the flame on the outside of the oil burner and suck in slow and smooth so the flame actually goes in the bowl, or if I should just put the flame up to the outside of the glass let it melt and vape....

any advice on an oil burner and good methods of breaking through with this device???

Thanks for any help dewds!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

gammagore
#2 Posted : 2/19/2010 2:32:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, I doubt if sucking the flame in through the hole will help. Best bet is to keep the flame on the outside of the bowl.

The oil burner does seem to be quit inaffective for alot of people.

Have you tried enhancing some leaf and smoking it through a bong?

Xenogears
#3 Posted : 2/19/2010 3:08:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Not changa yet but I do need to make some..

Any suggestions on some good blends? I would probably love a MJ based changa if there is a recipe somewhere.

The strange thing about the oil burner is it seems to give pretty damn big rips...

but they must not be big enough because lately I have been having to hit the thing like 7 or 8 times in a row to get the desired effect, and that seems rediculous when I hear of people breaking through on one hit.

Maybe I just don't pack enough of the good stuff in there. Never loaded up over 40 mg....

SnozzleBerry
#4 Posted : 2/19/2010 3:37:52 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

what kind of lighter are you using? if it's not a torch lighter, this method is pointless. I pretty much only use an "oil burner" for my straight spice trips and can tell you that the difference between a bic and my three flame jet lighter might as well make my bulb two different pieces. I personally don't get how people have issues with these bulb-pipes as the only thing you really need to get down is the distance from flame to glass as too close results in burning the spice . The only downside of being too far from the glass is that it doesn't heat up, but this is easy to diagnose and rectify. The only other thing i can think of is that your dose is maybe too small at times...i dunno, just a possibility.

When i was perfecting my method with this type of piece i probably loaded it with between 50 and 75 mg for each experience, i never vaped all of it and would just add more to the bowl along with the residue that was in there. It eventually accumulated so much that one of my roommates hit just the residue while i was out at class, not expecting a full experience, and apparently, hit the piece, staggered outside to our porch, plopped down in a chair and proceeded to come just short of breaking through. We were definitely not efficient, but it really wrecked the learning curve and made it quite easy to develop an efficient method once I had a scale and had gotten some familiarity with the molecule.

As to mj changa, i've never made mj changa (or really any changa at all, and technically mj doesn't qualify as changa, it's got no maoi's so it's enhanced leaf/enhanced bud) but i do smoke both ganja and passionflower joints that have been sprinkled with 50-150 mg of spice for wonderful effects. The difference between the two herbs is quite noticable, with mj kind of anchoring you, giving you the sense that you bring some of "there" here, almost like you're in a terrarium of earth looking out at spiceland. Passionflower makes the whole thing very smooth and gentle, like smoked ayahuasca almost, and lengthens the experience.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Xenogears
#5 Posted : 2/19/2010 3:47:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the reply snozzle...

I have been using a regular lighter so you could be on to something there, I guess I need to go buy a torch lighter today and give it a try again!! Very happy

Can I get a good torch lighter at like wal mart, home depot, anywhere like that?

I am excited now, can't wait to give it a go!

And the way you describe the MJ laced with spice as perfect. I have tried this a few times and had great experiences. Most of the time it was exactly as you described crazy visuals taken from hyperspace into this realm, grounded with the great MJ high...

One time though me and a buddy put probably like .2 in a blunt and smoked it, and I had such a beautiful experience. We smoked the whole thing, and I took monster rips and held them all in. As we walked in to go lay down on the couch and float away I knew things were gonna get intense when crazy psychedelic patterns started cascading up and down the carpet and the walls had crazy geometric patterns as well before I even got to the couch...

This time, It wasnt a complete breakthrough, just beautiful beautiful closed eye visuals. Same thing I usually see on sub breakthrough doses but the MJ complemented it so much. Only way I can describe is three deminsional goo like neon colors swirling and morphing into all kinds of crazy shapes together. But with the blunt method these visuals were enhanced greatly by the MJ, I could just feel the MJs presence in the visuals, cant really explain it lol.

Thats not something I do alot though because thats like 4 breakthrough doses in the blunt, and while it is a great experience, it would be a waste to do it all the time Pleased

gammagore
#6 Posted : 2/19/2010 4:09:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A torch lighter is good to have, although a few other members have had luck with a regular bic lighter.

Yes you can make enhanced bud, 1:1 ratio. I feel it's a bit of a waste of spice when you sprinkle it onto a joint.

Rather enhance some bud, mullein, Paul d'arco, caapi, passionflower, peppermint, blue lotus, calea, just about any herb works.

Not sure where to get a jet lighter in that side of the pond.

SnozzleBerry
#7 Posted : 2/19/2010 4:19:28 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

I got my torch from a gas station, it was pretty lucky, its been going strong for like 10 months or so, with refills. I know others who got the same lighter and broke it after a week. Do not get the fake torches, you know, the shitty green and other colored flames that you can blow out if you try hard enough. It's pretty much gotta be the blue whooshing flame that's real dense, almost like a pin of flame. I'll see if I can't find any identifying marks on my lighter when i get home, as I have a sneaking suspicion that many people would find the bulb-pipe amazingly easy if they had the right lighter.

Actually, as far as lowes and home depot goes, those butane torches would probably work great, although i would imagine they'd be a little clumsy for blast off and you'd have to hold them real far back. I had a buddy who used to use one of those torches to light bongs/bowls of weed and the heat from the flame would be hot enough that you could ignite the bowl with like 6+ inches between the end of the flame and the bowl.

I feel you on the blunt, I have a roomie who's been asking to do that for a while, I always veto him in favor of a joint. If you put enough in, you can definitely breakthrough. I think ive gotten some of the most beautiful subtler visuals from mj/dmt joints.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Xenogears
#8 Posted : 2/20/2010 3:50:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

LOL! HOLY CRAP!

All I can say is thanks for that advice snozzle, because I used the torch lighter and after one rip I was too far gone to even attempt to take another! LOL! I swear it looked like the bowl start shrinking in my hand or something.

Anyway, thought I would share in case anyone else ever has the same problem.

Wow.

SnozzleBerry
#9 Posted : 2/20/2010 6:19:00 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Xenogears wrote:
LOL! HOLY CRAP!

...I used the torch lighter and after one rip I was too far gone to even attempt to take another! LOL! I swear it looked like the bowl start shrinking in my hand or something.

Wow.

Yea, I know exactly what you mean, I still remember my first time using the torch, it's completely different. Might as well be night and day. Glad to hear it was successful Very happy .

SB
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

Xenogears
#10 Posted : 2/20/2010 12:48:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Xenogears wrote:
LOL! HOLY CRAP!

...I used the torch lighter and after one rip I was too far gone to even attempt to take another! LOL! I swear it looked like the bowl start shrinking in my hand or something.

Wow.

Yea, I know exactly what you mean, I still remember my first time using the torch, it's completely different. Might as well be night and day. Glad to hear it was successful Very happy .

SB

yeah it is not even funny how much more effective it is.

the whole pile of stuff melted down and vaped in about 2 seconds compared to how big of a pain it was before to do it with a bic. I am not even kidding the last few times I have used a bic I have been having to take like 7-8 rips just to get it all.

After I held the one hit in I was like holy crap that was a big one do I even need another?

I tried but then it looked like the bowl was either shrinking or something, I had that sensation I have heard other people talk about of looking at my spaceship and thinking what the hell is this thing and what is this thing holding it (my hand) and patterns started forming on everything so I said so much for another hit, gotta lay down ;P

I expected it to work better, but hell, this is a whole new ball game.