CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Changa: clarity on terminology Options

wikiwahwah
#21 Posted : 3/27/2010 10:37:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Caapi leaf and DMT are changi, at least thats what I always thought. The first place I heard of its existence was at Boom Festival. Erik Davis has an article on his website describing his experience at the festival and his use of it.

I thought the name originated from Australia where it was first made using a DMT containing Acacia bush/tree and caapi.

I wasn't aware of different blends being given distinct names like "The Electric Sheep". Did that originate on this website?

W

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

gammagore
#22 Posted : 3/28/2010 11:51:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wikiwahwah wrote:
Caapi leaf and DMT are changi, at least thats what I always thought. The first place I heard of its existence was at Boom Festival. Erik Davis has an article on his website describing his experience at the festival and his use of it.

I thought the name originated from Australia where it was first made using a DMT containing Acacia bush/tree and caapi.

My thoughts too, but looks like we are using DMT from MHRB mostly, but still using caapi leaf as the herb.
wikiwahwah wrote:
I wasn't aware of different blends being given distinct names like "The Electric Sheep". Did that originate on this website?

I believe it did, there have been a few more additions to the list of blends. I think its easier for most members to refer to their blends by giving the enhanced leaf a name.

Dorge
#23 Posted : 3/28/2010 6:48:36 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

So here is what I am seeing so far as a trend... Changa is caapi leaf or vine, mixed with spice. that seems to be the consensus. We need to get it straight and put that out there across the web too.... because its way to confusing when people start calling what ever enhanced leaf recipe they have out there changa because people are going to assume that its one thing or the other... clarity is important... but knowing what your taking or some one else is taking is also important especially at festivals ect...

because here is a genuine concern... someone is on SSRI like prozac of something... they are at a festival and they get offered some "changa"... they smoked it before on prozac and from all they know its just enhanced leaf and its just dmt and safe to smoke while on an SSRI (so people say) and hes done it before and all his friends call that changa... so this changa that he is being offered that some guy got from some guy who got it from some guy who got it from some guy... "told him it was changa and it had Spice in it"... so this guy smokes it... but its actually changa not enhanced leaf and there are HIGH concentrations of beta carbs in it that are going straight to this guys brain competing with receptor sites that prozac is messing around with and the guy has a toxic reaction... all because people are not being clear in their communication. whi8ch then leads to negative attention from the law and such...

So this is a slight matter of community safety as well.

-On the use of clever names for mixes...
names like electric sheep and one i heard recently blood honey fire... which sounds awesome... thats great! but if people get that some how from a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy they dont know what it is... if we call it changa and every one knows changa has caapi or at least some sort of harmala in it... then that is whats important. then we can have blood honey fire changa, or electric sheep changa... or pau pau changa... or what ever the blend maker wants to call it... I love this i think its amazing...
but yes... another name needs to be used for enhanced leaf... totally. "talking leaf" maybe i dont know... but it cannot be synonymous with changa, more people know changa as having caapi in it... and changa was originally made in aus because they did not have enough caapi to make tea but they did have enough to smoke it... and viola changa was born... mother of invention... so thats SWIMS take on it..
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

jamie
#24 Posted : 3/28/2010 6:59:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I thought that origionally changa, when it first was being used in Australia was spice from acacia that was infused into passionflower leaf..so when I think of changa I think of spice with harmalas..

Long live the unwoke.

narmz
#25 Posted : 3/28/2010 7:02:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dorge wrote:
if we call it changa and every one knows changa has caapi or at least some sort of harmala in it... then that is whats important.

So mixes with passion-flower, or purified rue extracts evapped onto them should also be considered changa? correct?

Personally I like the name changa for any sort of mixture of leaves enhanced with tryptamines. Why not just make the umbrella bigger and include any sort of enhanced leaf?
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

۩
#26 Posted : 3/28/2010 7:05:46 PM

Quote:
Why not just make the umbrella bigger and include any sort of enhanced leaf?

Because the difference between harmala spice (ESPECIALLY caapi) and enhanced leaf spice is HUGE! It's two different medicines completely.

gammagore
#27 Posted : 3/28/2010 7:07:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Enhanced leaf like mullein/lotus and changa are two diff smokes. Caapi adds a big influence with changa.

Keeping the two separate is a good idea.

Dorge
#28 Posted : 3/28/2010 7:58:56 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

fractal enchantment wrote:
I thought that origionally changa, when it first was being used in Australia was spice from acacia that was infused into passionflower leaf..so when I think of changa I think of spice with harmalas..

Sure i think that works... rue, passion flower, caapi, THH, harmals in general... i am still wondering about tribulous terrestrius... From what Swim has found caapi was the original additive. GrACIE AND zARKOV reported some of the original reports of smoking spice while taking harmalas... which is linked on the site, and inspired changa in the first place...

but yes keeping the two separate is not just a good idea because its a hugely different experience, but if you read swims last post... it could be potentially dangerous to confuse the two. Chnaga should not be smoked by people who are using specific medications. Just like with drinking ayahausca. So a bigger umbrella would actually be detrimental in the long run. narrowing it down, and I believe historically it is accurate, that changa being known as caapi leaf or harmala based with spice added avoids potential harm. so essentially is a harm reduction issue as well.
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

PREV12