FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Trouble Breaking Through??? Options

acolon_5
#1 Posted : 10/28/2009 9:33:25 PM

The Great Namah

Not breaking through on 40mgs +?

Here are some tips to help you along

1) take 6 days of not using any psycadelic, many tryptamines are cross tolerance with DMT and even a few days after use there may still be a slight tolerance

2) if you are using a vaporizer, or bulb style pipe where you heat the spice from the bottom try using LESS HEAT. If using a bic lighter switch to a torch lighter, yes this seems counter intuitive, but using short bursts of flame, held a few inches away, will give superior results. Plus with a torch lighter there is no black residue so you know where you spice is in the vaporizer. If the spice turns brown you have burned it.

3) if above does not work try switching smoking methods. Many have success with "the machine". Personally I have found that the EASIEST way for new users or people who do not smoke anything is a WATER BONG, with room temperature water in it. To use DMT in a bong one must use a bed of leaf or ash. I prefer leaf. So you have your screened bowl, on top of that put a layer of leaf down, then your 40-60+mgs of spice, then another THIN layer of leaf. The idea is to use enough leaf to catch the melting spice, but not so much that you can't finish it all in three hits. You want to only light the top layer, as soon as it is lit take the lighter away...relight as necessary.

4) if changing smoking methods still leaves you without a breakthrough you can
a) up the dose, if 50mgs isn't doing it, try 60-70mgs. Some need more than others
b) add a harmala alkaloid, such as rue tea, rue extract, Caapi leaves or bark as a
tea, or pure harmala alkaloids (THH, harmine, harmaline, etc) smoked; snorted
(ack); sublingually; or just eaten.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 10/28/2009 9:48:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well said Acolon.. Added the link to this thread in the FAQ

(I just wonder if 'dmt experiences is best place for this thread.. but wherever it is, its good Smile )

acolon_5
#3 Posted : 10/29/2009 1:59:44 PM

The Great Namah

endlessness wrote:
Well said Acolon.. Added the link to this thread in the FAQ

(I just wonder if 'dmt experiences is best place for this thread.. but wherever it is, its good Smile )

Because I find a lot of questions about breaking through on the "experiences" subforum I thought this would be an ok place to put it, endlessness, you are 100% free to move this to a better suited subforum if you would like....and everyone is welcome to post any tips they have on breaking through.

The Spice extends life
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

jacetea
#4 Posted : 10/29/2009 3:59:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just to confirm, using the water-bong and leaf bed method...

You light the top layer of leaf, then pull the lighter away. The leaf will smolder a bit and that is enough to melt the DMT?
SWIM is accustomed to a pipe where you suck in air and it helps keep the leaf smoldering.
We're the new hippies, we get high on life, not drugs.
We thrive in drama, and bathe in activeness.
Fashion is a religion and vocabulary defines you.

Politicians load the gun, and celebrities fire it, killing all humankind.

ismokecrystals
#5 Posted : 12/4/2009 6:05:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, that's the idea. The leaf burns which applies less heat to the spice than direct lighter contact would provide.

acolon_5
#6 Posted : 12/4/2009 3:23:29 PM

The Great Namah

ismokecrystals wrote:
Yes, that's the idea. The leaf burns which applies less heat to the spice than direct lighter contact would provide.

Exactly, the heat from the cherry is not a direct flame, and doesn't combust the DMT, only vaporizes it. You do want to fully light the top layer of leaf, not just get it smoldering but fully lit.

With the bed of leaf (that turns to ash) I find that the spice can take a lot of heat without being destroyed. This gives the leaf bed method more room for error than a traditional vaporizing pipe (glass bulb, meth pipe, etc...)
The Spice extends life

_FOOL_
#7 Posted : 5/22/2010 7:47:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I learned very fast that inhaling dmt vapour is not something like smoking herbs. As acolon_5 already described, the best method to vapor is with a shotgun type glass pipe and over some ashes/leaf, I prefer ashes myself. You don't want the flame of the lighter touch DMT, thus your only warming air above it and suck only hot air pass through the pipe. After the DMT is put on top of the leaf/ash layer, you want to melt it before the actual vaporizing process. This is done with the same fashion as vapourizing; sucking the hot air through. When DMT is melted thoroughly, you can catch some air first and then start the actual fun.

I personally didn't need anywhere near the suggested 40-50mg doses. I put 30mg at maximum and get two breakthroughs from it. This means 15mg per breakthrough. My technigue is very simple; I inhale deeply and calmly but not a whole lungfull to give some muscle power to the following. Then I hold my breath with excess force. It's almost I'm pressing the last bit of carbon dioxide from my bloodstream to my brains. I can feel my face getting red and the big vessels in my forehead bursting, normally first caleidoscopic visuals start here. Then, If I'm not through with the first toke, I slowly and calmy release this excess force of keeping my breath and just let the vapur come out. Sometimes I need to catch a breath after this but normally I just take another hit the same way. I have no memory of exhaling the vapour, because when it happens(if it happens) I'm already way out focusing to somethin else. Last thing I can remember is putting the pipe down and closing my eyes.

EDIT: Just took the huge cock from my forehead and cleaned the text a little. Smile

Samadhi-Sukha-Upekkha
#8 Posted : 5/22/2010 11:57:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: Not separate from the rest of the universe. So, everywhere.
Hmm... increasing the gas pressure for the vaporized DMT in the lungs might be an effective way of making it enter the bloodstream faster.

Time for some bioassays, nexians!

corpus callosum
#9 Posted : 5/29/2010 10:08:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Interesting observation _FOOL_!

Respiratory physiology is pretty interesting.Unless youve got an autonomic neuropathy, slow steady inhalation increase the heart rate which increase blood flow in the systemic and pulmonary circulations which are like 2 separate circuits, thereby allowing more of the red stuff to perfuse the alveoli hence picking up more of the goodies.

If you hold your breath with excessive force, effectively performing a Valsalva-type manoeuvre what you end up doing is actually increasing intrathoracic pressure which quickly leads to reduced venous return to the heart and therefore reducing the flow through both the pulmonary and systemic 'circuits'-so your technique gives you increased pick-up of DMT into the blood initially but it then reduces to a rate of transfer somewhat LESS than if you didnt use such force.

Speaking for me and me alone, smoking the freebase on foil is the most consistent method Ive come across for breaking through every time.I am aware that many of the more experienced members here at the Nexus have concerns/reservations about this method but I only like to breakthrough infrequently so its not so much of an issue for me.40mg in one lungfull is too intense for me;doing it in 3 allows a more manageable breakthrough and this is my preferred method-most of the time!!
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

olympus mon
#10 Posted : 12/13/2010 6:11:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

amazing! simply amazing isnt it?

when i looked at your art i literally jumped back a little. it was that familiar! your report really made me smile ear to ear. i need to read trip reports to remember the little things. i think we all do.

you just brought me right back to my first contact with the other beings. it truly turned everything on its head for me. i didn't know what to believe. the intelligence and communicativeness of the beings is so profoundly odd and unique only to dmt that it gets you thinking. well actually it gets me wondering Laughing . wondering if i am honestly just a tiny speck in a perfect system so massive and complex its beyond comprehension in 3 dimensions. or is it simply brain chemistry at is finest and everything is just what it seems. \\

dmt is just so odd. it really leaves me in awe. the alien-ness that is a common traight amongst users is just hard to understand? why such a mass delusion? why often so similar?

some say that mother aya resides in the caapi vine. she appears often as the jungle herself under her effects. if there is a host spirit in dmt it truly must be alien and not at all terrestrial.

thank you.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

mailorderdiety
#11 Posted : 12/13/2010 7:03:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah olympus it was the most amazing thing i've seen. I really like host spirit for DMT being alien. truly i was inundated by these beings that seemed to be literally waiting for me the instant i arrived. I also realized something now that i look at the art, i should try and do some on a black background as it seems dark with electric colors on top. I'll try some and add them if they work.

Thanks for the thoughtful and heartfelt reply, i'm really blown away by this site!

Dr_Sister
#12 Posted : 12/13/2010 3:20:27 PM

Synaptic cleft explorer

Chemical expert | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, MarketingSenior Member | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, Marketing

Thanks for the drawing MailOrderDiety! How much dmt did you smoke and in how many hits? Can you describe your departure/lift off at all?

peace & light

mailorderdiety
#13 Posted : 12/13/2010 5:45:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I don't know amounts as antrocles handled that part. I just took three really big hits. I was already starting to leave at hit number one. It was hard to take pulls off of this really cool glass vapor pipe. I had to draw as deep as I could to fill my lungs. Antrocles has a metal sound bowl for sending you off. I didn't even hear him hit it but was incorporated into the trip. I was sitting on the bed with pillows against my back. I thought my eyes were closed but they later told me they were open. I was so gone I couldn't see the room. I immediately saw entities upon arrival. It took almost the whole duration of the trip before I saw entities on my other jungle spice trip. This was pure white dmt this time. Man what an experience

Myco
#14 Posted : 12/13/2010 7:09:27 PM

73ฮผ

mailorderdiety wrote:

I thought my eyes were closed but they later told me they were open. I was so gone I couldn't see the room. I immediately saw entities upon arrival. It took almost the whole duration of the trip before I saw entities on my other jungle spice trip. This was pure white dmt this time. Man what an experience

Wow.

I also loved the drawing, thank-you for sharing it with us.

arrive without traveling.

Rove
#15 Posted : 12/13/2010 7:29:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Verry interesting expieriences and drawing thanks for sharing SmileDid this expierience changed you as personality doese it changed your vievs on life swim curious >?

mailorderdiety
#16 Posted : 12/13/2010 9:14:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Funny you should ask if it changed my view. It did. I was pretty an atheist going into this and after seeing these beings I have had to completely rethink my view on reality. The sensation of meetings the entities is so strong and unique that I can't simply dismiss it as a mere "hallucination" I feel as those I saw into a legitimate other reality and met real beings that are not limited by matter as we are.

lowjackal
#17 Posted : 12/17/2010 7:55:53 AM

PuddinTane

what friggin drawing? Am I missing it somewhere?
"Keep your friends close and your enemies dismembered."
Lowjackal original quote

mailorderdiety
#18 Posted : 12/17/2010 9:07:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lowjack the drawing got moved to dmt experiences and under the title my friend the artist

wingchun
#19 Posted : 5/2/2013 12:54:31 PM

Sifu

On topic of having trouble breaking through .....

- Have you let go of your fear? I recall one of my first times, where fear alone prevented a breakthrough, despite sufficient dosage.

- Are you well rested and in the right mind-set? I would advise against trying if you are in a bad mood.

- What setting ? Do you feel safe to enter hyperspace - and leave your body in the place it is while you are gone? Are you are processing sensory data from the mundane reality? if there is noise, light, anything distracting / anything that keeps you mentally focused here in this world - these will make breakthrough harder.

- How polluted is your body? I have gone so far, and then been informed that until I purify my body / mind I wont be shown deeper places / things.

- Diet helps, lots of B group vitamins and serotonin based foods like walnuts, bananas, Swiss cheese, helps ensure the neural hardware has the necessary fuel for the journey.

And - for Corpus Callus - is calling someone a fool a good idea - ?

I'm no respiratory dynamic expert, and I agree - venous return is decreased temporarily while breath is held hard, however - is it possible that the technique described
would also increase the pressure gradient across the alveolar wall, causing a larger amount of DMT to enter the blood?

The lack of venous return would reduce alveolar blood flow, increasing the time that DMT has to enter the blood. I suggest that DMT is slower than 02 to cross the wall?
Once breathing resumes, the pulmonary venous backup would quickly clear / flush through to Left heart circuit - which means the blood would have higher [] of spice, when it hits the brain - no ?

Suggest a good research Q - no ?

How long must one hold the breath for maximal spice transfer ?

I wonder also - would holding the breath screw with the blood pH,
particularly for the alveolar blood in temporary stasis ?

Maybe one of our brilliant Nexians - can have a play with the
Henderson-Hasselbalch and Alveolar Gas EQ's - and see what is suggested ?
(Sorry - bit beyond me - but I'm still learning...Confused )

Here's a resource re same -

http://www.globalrph.com...n-Hasselbalch%20Equation

Jorkest
#20 Posted : 5/2/2013 10:37:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

_FOOL_ is the persons user name
it's a sound

12NEXT