CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cautionary First Four Attempts Options

pattern
#1 Posted : 1/5/2008 4:26:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"First Attempt: Tried a small amount of powder in a glass pipe specifically blown to use DMT. Was extremely anxious, scared, and worried about the potential effects. I heated it up and smoked one puff, held it in, then quickly put aside the pipe. Laid back, covered my eyes, and nothing happened. Second Attempt: Tried about three times as much crystal powder, smoking frequently this time. Must have inhaled at least a dozen times, and kept smoking until effects were felt. Was much more comfortable this time, and began to feel mild effects. Not entirely sure if it was placebo effects or not. Felt a slight consciousness expansion, subtle closed-eyed geometrical patterns, and very peaceful thoughts. The experience was far more peaceful and calming than I expected! I felt like I was exercising my brain. After a few minutes however, the effects quickly went away, and was left with a very light throbbing head. Not a headache, but more like someone pressing their fingers against my temples. Third Attempt: Tried in the morning at about 9:15 am. Used a different method, chucked out the ruined glass pipe, and tried a stone pipe. Layered leaves of basil: one thin layer above a screen, a chunk of DMT in the middle, and a large layer on top to protect against the flame. Upon inhaling a few tokes, a sudden psychedelic rush came on, causing reality to wobble geometrically. After closing my eyes I could see amazing morphing geometrical patterns. The initial patterns had a lot of “eyes”, akin to Eastern mythology. The effect faded quickly after a few minutes, but I remained glowing. The sunlight and the presence of Sera helped a lot. She was very angelic. Watching her, I could see her hair “flow” and she looked extremely beautiful. This time was much more intense, but not over a threshold. The substance is magical, heavenly in nature. It is unlike any drug or expectation I had. The state does not feel drug-induced. I still retained full consciousness and awareness, and no alteration of mood, other than amazement at the visuals. Instead of a drug, it seems more like an elevation to a higher natural state. I am ready for a high dose. Fourth Attempt: This was it! I loaded up the remaining dose and smoked it. The effects came on as a rush. I think I may have come to the “second” level. I lost all concept of myself, of everything around me. I was in this space. My mind, it seemed. But it was real, solid. Three dimensional, I could see what looked like my own heart, washing over with waves of psychedelic multicolored patterns. I couldn't look away, not really. My eyes were already closed. I could shift the focus of my consciousness around to try to look away. I wanted to see more, other things. I was in a space, my own mind, and I was saying “No, dont come to me, I'm not ready yet. I dont want to meet anyone!” In fear of some aliens or something scary that I had read about. I was alone in this space. It was stunning. It was mostly beautiful but I was concerned about my heart, which seemed to have a malicious streak to it. It wasn't pure. It relished the fact that I was staring at it, and I couldn't look away. It hypnotized me. Maybe it wasn't my heart, but it was connected to everything, in weaving strands that were pulsing with geometrical patterns. I seemed completely “normal”. I wasn't “high”. I wasn't feeling any different. It's just that I was in a different state, seeing different things. It seemed completely real, like I was seeing another dimension. I can't believe it! It wore off very quickly, in a matter of minutes, but at one point I was stuck in a timeless moment. I ran upstairs and exclaimed everything to Sera, and she was amazed. She said I was completely coherent and rational. I was so excited and awe-struck by the whole thing, I was waving my arms around and very emotional." Note: the above were notes that some guy wanted me to post for him. He shall remain nameless. hehe

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

El Ka Bong
#2 Posted : 1/5/2008 8:19:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great tales ! we all re-live Hyperspace vicariously though these reports ! ... Well done with learning quickly the technique for vapourizing - from 12 to just a few tokes..! That's the thing to get adept at ! But one can completely inhale 30 mg in one toke, try 'the machine' or just go super slowly using a dry, clear-glass bong. The bed-of-leaf method works well too, but remember the first 'toke' / flame-contact is just to melt the spice into the leaf and screens. then let it solidify again and prepare for a one toke breakthrough. Breakthroughs are not what you might imagine, and often it's hard to remember much ... You ought to try again, see if there is a new threshold to reach. I say there are three stages, and the third is the one you forget - it's a state like dreaming which fades, but HOLY SHEET - you were just there !... Fear is the ego's clothing, and underwear ... just tell yourself to get ready, let all the sheets fly and 'get naked' .. ! Elves, mantises and aliens, that can conjure fear, are what we call them when they are considered separate from ourselves - if they exist in hyperspace (or where ever you see them), then they depend on our minds and imaginations and require us to percieve them. They do notice us and will play with us when we acknowledge them. "Entities" will likely appear to you in a way that is unique to you, and more personalized than you have imagined - probably appearing in forms that are nothing like you've heard about. But entities are a constant it seems for many of us... It makes me wonder ... if the heart you saw had 'tentacles' ..!? .. it sounds like that cosmic-octopus full of love, others have also percieved..?! Like a neuron cell-body with tentacles instead of dendrites and axon...?~ So keep us up on your explorations ...

pattern
#3 Posted : 1/6/2008 12:52:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"Thank you very much for your thoughts and advice. I was concerned that my tales were too boring for here, after reading so many magnificent and wild adventures. This was very profound to me though. After living so long, even experiencing various entheogens, it was a shock to experience something so "different" than normal reality. Even if I didn't fly around meeting aliens. Smile The fact that my mind "expanded" to witness a "space" larger than my own mind was very liberating. It is proof to me that there are things beyond this life, that can be experienced here and now by anyone rich or poor, and I find that exciting and freeing. I didn't feel like the "heart" was an octopus, or even an external entity. It didn't move. It was definitely either my heart or the equivalent part of my brain (pineal?). It was definitely part of me. The strands represented connections to other parts of me. I did not meet any entities. At one brief point I felt some presence calling from far away, but I immediately told it to go away. Another thing I forgot to mention: how my "ego" disappeared piece by piece during the trip. The concept of all physical things around me disappearing one by one. The concept of a computer beside me vanished. The realization of footsteps of my loved one simply popped out. It was neat, and made me realize, the selfishness and inherent negativity of my thoughts. I was aware that they were disappearing. It was a little scary too. As for further attempts, it is not in the cards anytime soon. I only stumbled upon the stuff out of pure luck. I'll be sure to report back any new experiences here. Smile" Note: the above were notes that some guy wanted me to post for him. He shall remain nameless.

El Ka Bong
#4 Posted : 1/6/2008 2:26:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just to offer another musing, about wtf is going on, maybe the effects of dmt are to bridge our awareness ('I or ego'Pleased to other brain cells that are present all the time, but doing secondary, or 'other' things than firing waves of depolarization to the synapses. Like the Glial cells - specifically 'astrocytes'. They are support or 'mother' cells to busy neurons, and waay out number regular brain neurons. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glial_cell http://members.tripod.com/blustein/index.htm and the photo of Glia here, looks very cool ! http://www.sfn.org/index...rainbriefings_astrocytes Any one seen these before..?

MagikVenom
#5 Posted : 1/6/2008 2:33:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"It was mostly beautiful but I was concerned about my heart" Its easy to dwell on the intense effect on the heart. My solution was to buy a blood preasure heart rate monitor that I could wear on my wrist for 50 bucks. After watching the numbers I knew I was in no danger and quit thinking about it. M.V.

El Ka Bong
#6 Posted : 1/6/2008 10:25:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hah ! .. Oh excellent ! .. we should all get a heart and blood pressure monitor ! and then post that data too with each trip report ! I'm gettng one asap ! .. .. And then I want a bio-feedback brain wave monitor that connects to my PC, and REM goggles ! I have this theory, but it needs more testing, that when one raises blood pressure 'evenly' say by immersing in a very warm bath, then the effects of inhaled dmt are much more pronounced. In a warm bath, dmt-breakthroughs are kind of easy to achieve, and I assume this must have a simple physiological basis, like higher blood pressure and flow. When you have absorbed the bath's heat, your blood starts to circulate faster - heart pumps a little stronger and all arteries and capillaries open up more to let blood in to cool tissues, especially to the head as the brain must NOT overheat. Sitting in a deep, full, warm bath tub, your head is actually a cooling-block ! So arterial-blood is just rushing there, under increased pressure to send cooler venous-blood back to your immersed body. The blood from the lungs will also 'rush' to the head to get cooled ... Hydrotherapy exploits this physiological response of increased/ decreased blood flow to heal the body ... We could found a school for dmt-balenotherapy, maybe..? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balneotherapy So maybe more blood flow to the head is what helps dmt be effective ? I wonder what dmt does when you are 'cold' with blood leaving the head to warm other parts, and blood pressure is low..?

Trickster
#7 Posted : 1/6/2008 11:58:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

SWIM also had 4 experiences. The last one scared him shitless. Although he used "the machine" all the time, first 3 attempts were rather shallow due to lack of experience with the device. First attempt was made in a garden on a dark, cold and windy winter night. The machine did not work properly, so after more than 10 tokes he only had some CEV and slight change of music perception. Visuals had some disturbing quality. There were various shifting geometric forms made of cold unblinking alien-looking eyes. After SWIM's first try, he introduced to the spice a friend who has a long history of smoking weed. He managed to take 4 inhalations. The last one knocked him cold. For about 5 min. he laid still and then started to shake with rather high frequency. At +8 min he started to groan. Sometimes the sound was more like "O-o-o-o-m-m-m-m". At +20 min he was completely back to the baseline. He did not talk much about his experience, but one if his first sentences were: DMT is not a substance, it is a separate universe. In 2 days SWIM smoked the spice again. This time he did it in a well lit room using a candle. Again, he was not very successful. Lots of fumes were coming out of the wrong end of the machine. In order not to waste the spice SWIM decided to stop and think of a different approach. He's got beautiful visuals, both CE and OE. It was very interesting to watch his hands that looked as if the skin was peeled off but the sight was not scary. The 3rd attempt was the same. This time SWIM tried a torch lighter that worked much better creating some draft so the vapor was not coming out of the bottleneck. The trip was mildly psychedelic. Then SWIM decided to dive deeper. That is when the spice bit him by the ass real hard. This time he started to inhale slowly as soon as the machine began to generate smoke. He managed to get 2 good lungfuls of spice and then the lighter broke and its flame became small and weak. Was it luck? He doesn't know. The 3rd toke was very small. Next thing he sees is this utterly alien green multi-eyed creature performing an indescribable operation/implantation/sexual act on him. Extremely unpleasant and frightening. So now he's reading every bit of info available on interpreting the vision and on proper preparation for the next journey. He doesn't know if he can gather enough courage to do it any time soon.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

Garulfo
#8 Posted : 1/7/2008 12:00:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I find quite dangerous the association of a bath and breakthrough. When you lose all control on your body and possibly on your breathing, slipping down in a tub full of water seems not a good idea to me. However, taking a bath BEFORE smoking seems a good idea, to relax and prepare the body as you said. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ [quote:a1e87a6d1c] Next thing he sees is this utterly alien green multi-eyed creature performing an indescribable operation/implantation/sexual act on him. [/quote:a1e87a6d1c] The 10-20 first times my friend smoked some spice, he felt very weird "body" feelings, inside his head for exemple. It's not hard to imagine that the automatic input translator we may host in our head (the natural dream machine) + the visual cortex super-stimulated by the DMT, worked together to produce a strange scene like the one you described.

Trickster
#9 Posted : 1/7/2008 12:47:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Speaking of weird body feelings, SWIM had this strange feeling in his mouth; as if there is something alien - kind of slippery meaty muscular tissue. He tried to explore it with his tongue. It seems alive but not moving. He had this feeling 3 out of 4 times he tried the spice. It is noticeable at the early stages of a trip, before the mind is overwhelmed.

El Ka Bong
#10 Posted : 1/7/2008 5:55:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

... ha ha .. yes ! the 'fear' of drowning in a bathtub ! Can that really happen to adults, on psychedelics..? survival instincts seem intact for me when tripping in the tub. When perfecly 'straight' I have fallen asleep in the tub, many times - and so maybe I am due for a Darwin award, too..?! My ego played that fear card too - about drowning in the tub ! But I have tried a warm, full tub as a launch-pad only 3 times, and in reality I take baths everyday, long soaks, in which I have survived falling asleep in the tub 1000 times at least...! I found each dmt-balenotherapy experience (15, 25 and 30 mg ) to be perfectly suited to having your body all warm and womb-like in a tub - it was really positive, as though the nightly bathe might always need a little spice to make it sacred... !

Garulfo
#11 Posted : 1/8/2008 1:12:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:c67d62f90b]... ha ha .. yes ! the 'fear' of drowning in a bathtub ! Can that really happen to adults, on psychedelics..?[/quote:c67d62f90b] No need to be sarcastic here I guess. I don't know what can 'really' happens to anyone under psychedelics. I'm glad your survival instinct is still intact but I read recently some crazy (but fun after all) things on this forum (see sally topic). Not fun things would probably not be reported here anyway. Anyone can pretty easily imagine a simple scenario where ones not aware of the 'outside' world could slip in the tub while wanting to move and hurt badly on the head. Let's go for a brainstorming about cool things to do under psychedelic and check how strong is our survival isntinct... Hmm... deltaplane, scubadiving just came to my mind and might be really cool under DMT I read this on another topic, great advice IMO Pleased [quote:c67d62f90b]...well somethings are worth picking at - stupidity, dangerous things and bad ideas, ignorance and mis-information, bigotry,[/quote:c67d62f90b] Hmm, time for my bath. What 'friend' will I bring up with me ? Sally, DMT, Ketamine or a strong dose of DXM ?... Laughing

El Ka Bong
#12 Posted : 1/8/2008 5:29:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh lol @ the scuba-vapourizer! how would one of those work.!?... Or how about skiing on acid ..!? . You just have to remember how to be able to get off the chair-lift... hmmm now I can see it - a prototype of a hyperspace-launch-tub The "Hyperbathic Space Chamber" ! ... A sensory deprivation chamber/bubble containing a tub with special contoured shape to support your body and head in an ideal position. Imagine a modified geriatric-bathtub (you sit up in). This tub is inside an environmentally controlled mini-dome with stereo, lights and dmt-vapourizer. Also comes with video and audio recording system and attachments for monitoring vital signs (BP, REM, ECG)... A super thermal control system to regulate body temp - the water can go hot or cold really quickly.

Trickster
#13 Posted : 1/9/2008 1:26:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Speaking of accidents. After 6 unsuccessful attempts to make aya SWIM once brewed 600 g of caapi. He already tried 50/100/150/200/250/300 g before with very disppointing resluts. This time he started with 300g of vine. In 20 min he felt slight change in mood and some vibrating energy but soon all feelings subsided so he decided to take remaining 300 g. Again in 20 min he had similar symptoms that disappeared soon. Then he decided that he failed again and went to sleep. Luckily he laid face down. In another 20 min he woke up because his throat was full of vomit. He gulped the stuff and continued to lie for a few minutes. Then came an irresistable urge to shit and barf simultaneously. Drenched in cold swet he sprinted to the bathroom - just 15 feet away. You should have seen him trying to aim at the washbasin while sitting on the toilet!

delafonze19
#14 Posted : 1/9/2008 7:44:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have heard of people ussing the sensory dep tanks as well. Aparentlly Joe Rogan has one in his basement for DMT launches. I think they work good because of the weightless-ness and temp more than bp issues. I have ofund that when on lSD if I can clear my mind I get better NO2 experiences. I am too scared to try NO2 on DMT. The craziest shit I read was about a guy who hit the DMT then jumped out of an airplane. It was posted on the shroomery. He was an avid skydiver. He landed safely. not for me

pattern
#15 Posted : 1/9/2008 8:59:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Man all these wacky adventures. DMT while skydiving? Good god. I gotta really step up my game! Shocked

pattern
#16 Posted : 1/23/2008 7:25:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This picture is *kinda* what it looked like:

http://www.shroomery.org...rs/154166a1200669635.gif

you might have to copy and paste this into your browser