FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
making changa stronger Options

69ron
#41 Posted : 8/13/2009 9:35:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
Dorge wrote:
that 200x extract is vine not leaf extract... very differnt and super high in Harmaline. leaf has harmine and THH in it with out much if at all harmaline.

Really? Almost ever report I have read on the alkaloid profile of different type of Caapi have either no or extremly little harmaline in them. My understanding was that the entire plant's alkaloid makeup was dominated by THH and Harmine with extremely small amounts of other hamlaloids.

That's the other main thing (besides containing THH) that makes Caapi so different from rue, the absence of harmaline.

Not wanting to turn this into a debate, but could you site a reference for high harmaline content in Caapi?

Beware, SWIM has found that there are Peganum harmala extracts out there being sold as B. caapi extracts. One such site sells it really cheap and claims its caapi, but it’s not because it’s high in harmaline. It's a good way to make a quick buck. That might be what this 200x is.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Dorge
#42 Posted : 8/14/2009 5:11:50 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

i cant recall... i used to be a mod on the ayahausca forum for 8 years... maybe longer god...
over the years a lot of the info i have just seems to have lost sources... but i believe that harmaline plays a major factor in the effects of the vine when made into a tea. I think and no i cant source it but i recall that harmaline becomes dominated and potenitated when combined with the other harmalas in over all effects
may be totally wrong... but i beleive this to be the case... i cannot find my sources again saddly...

i did find this interesting in tihkal...

This leaves (3). Maybe over the years, harmaline spontaneously loses a molecule of hydrogen, and becomes harmine. Not an easy thing to reckon with, chemically, but I am running out of possibilities. I was led to a comment that had been once made by a quiet hero of mine, Bo Holmstedt in Sweden, concerning the analysis of an ancient sample of plant material from Banisteria caapi (now known as Banisteriopsis caapi). The herbarium specimens he was looking at had been collected by the 19th century plant explorer Richard Spruce in the Rio Negro area of South America and had, after a few years of storage in a moist and mildewy hut a few miles down river, been rediscovered and sent on to the Kew Botanical Museum where they had quietly rested for over a hundred years. When Holmstedt worked them up some 30 years ago, he reported that the alkaloid content was 0.4%. This was virtually identical to a newly collected, botanically verified specimen of Banisteriopsis caapi which he analyzed at the same time and found to contain 0.5% alkaloids. The latter material contained, as described by many authors, the main alkaloids harmine, harmaline and tetrahydroharmine. By contrast, the alkaloid content of the Spruce material consisted exclusively of harmine. It is open to question whether the samples collected by Spruce in 1853 originally contained only harmine or, perhaps more likely, that harmaline and tetrahydroharmine have with time been transformed into the chemically more stable aromatic b-carboline harmine.

but yeah its my understanding that the more intoxicating effects of caapi tea are due to the presence of harmaline...

on a personal note...
harmaline produces Numbness, visual disturbances, and cloudy thinking commonly and this describes nearly every cup of tea swims ever had...
and most people swim has drank with agree... swim has taken all three alkaliods separately and one can tell the difference.
though im really not found of internet debates either...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

frequentflyer
#43 Posted : 8/15/2009 2:44:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
frequentflyer wrote:
sorry for SWIM being such a newb, but is SWIM freebasing with sodium carbonate? or is this stage doing something different, not freebasing the dmt? does SWIM need to add a different stage to those SWIM previously mentioned?

I usually base by covering sticky acetate with sodium carbonate, mixing thoroughly, wet slightly to make a paste, then leave to dry naturally. Then extract using your solvent.

Is the leaving to dry naturally part important, could SWIM just chuck it in a food dehydrator? And also, does this process need to be repeated several times, or is once sufficient? Thanks

frequentflyer
#44 Posted : 8/15/2009 2:52:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
frequentflyer wrote:
wheres the best place to buy enhanced 10x caapi to evap onto? anywhere in the UK?

Buy a legnth or weight of some good Caapi
Mash it
Shred it
Put it into a pot with some vinegar
Boil for 5 hours on a light simmer
Pour off water
Boil again for 5 hours with just water
filter and combine
Boil down, very slowly, until almost all water is gone. Let sit, maybe with very low heat if needed until all water evaps.
Weight your final powder

#x=original weight of caapi (in grams)/amount of powder left over after boiling off water (in grams). You can adjust this by adding very fine Caapi powder.

That's just a simple water extraction that leaves the harmalas in the acetate salt. You could of course freebase them with any soluable base.

Other extractions may be more efficient or quicker.

Thanks alot for the info. Does anyone know any quicker (but still cheap!) methods of extraction? Cheers

balaganist
#45 Posted : 8/15/2009 3:29:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

frequentflyer wrote:
wheres the best place to buy enhanced 10x caapi to evap onto? anywhere in the UK?

Thanks alot for the info. Does anyone know any quicker (but still cheap!) methods of extraction? Cheers[/quote]

I just leave some Caapi leaf + vine in a jar with IPA for a few days. I then evaporate that onto some leaf. I dont know how well it works compared to acalon's tek, but it sure seems to make the Caapi leaf a lot stronger.
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

Dorge
#46 Posted : 8/15/2009 5:57:05 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

balag... man that would work great! a trend swims noticed here is people tend to make things more complicated then they need too.
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

frequentflyer
#47 Posted : 8/15/2009 6:11:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

excellent, cheers balag. SWIM can find alot of vine but no leaf suppliers in the UK? Any ideas? Also, SWIM was thinking about the active properties of caapi being MAOI inhibitors, and if the same precautions need to be taken with drug interactions when smoking it rather than just ingesting it? SWIM assumes it would be similar but alot shorter lived

balaganist
#48 Posted : 8/15/2009 6:26:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

frequentflyer wrote:
excellent, cheers balag. SWIM can find alot of vine but no leaf suppliers in the UK? Any ideas? Also, SWIM was thinking about the active properties of caapi being MAOI inhibitors, and if the same precautions need to be taken with drug interactions when smoking it rather than just ingesting it? SWIM assumes it would be similar but alot shorter lived

I dont think the same precautions need to be taken as when you drink a brew, but I am not sure.
Try Spirit Garden in the UK for Caapi leaf, or Maya Ethnobotanicals.
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

Dorge
#49 Posted : 8/15/2009 7:32:07 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

some of the same precautions would still apply. just use common sense and do your home work.
for isntance dont use kanna with it... kanna is an ssri... ssris and rimas do NOT go well together...
probably shoulndt do it with mdma either or amphetamines in general.

but swim thinks that there is a lot of room to grow there with plant combos... but play safe. remember you are not inhibiting any mao in the gut its doing so directly in the brain.

on another not... 10x caapi leaf sounds like it would be a great thing to roll into a joint during a mushroom journey, or perhaps even maybe with HBWR or vilca... swim would think that one could just keep smoking it with good effect. not sure what that would be like but seems like it would work.

۩
#50 Posted : 8/15/2009 8:01:52 PM

It's all about the J. Give it a shot.

obliguhl
#51 Posted : 8/18/2009 1:30:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone know if it's possible to evap harmalas? One could sprinkle some caapi copy or thh on some pau d'arco and melt it in with some spice...to vaporize in a vaporstar or vaporgenie. Would it work?

PREV123