CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT tripping with distractions.. bad, or good? Options

Viracocha
#1 Posted : 7/19/2007 6:27:23 AM

..still lc..

I've always been pretty insistant that my dmt tripping be done in pure silence and mostly black, but now i'm starting to think a little differently once, ages ago, i had the pleasure of breaking through to dmt hyperspace to my favorite ever miles davis song, blue in green: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC8sDz_V1uY and it was sooo nice. a rediculous reverb was applied to the audio, and it was like i took a thousand steps back and i could just hear the music in the far distance. the reverb was like i was in a massive chamber, it sounded amazing. i did it pretty politely though, stereo was real low and definitely in the background so i tried the other night to a boards of canada song, but i wanted the music to really be in focus so i used comfy headphones set quite loud hehe i lasted about 10 seconds and 'nup these have to come off' but it was really interesting eitherway, i could still hear the music and after a while i put the headphones back on, all kinds of strange effects were being applied to the music anyway i plan to try this again has anyone played around with this? do you thnk it is a positive effect or negative on the trip? my mate would like to try it to very loud hardcore metal, which i wouldn't personally do but i'd be really interested to see what happens! i imagine i'd find it too hectic but perhaps this guy would be ok with it.. i'm also finding that breaking through with the lights on or in full daylight can be different again, last week i had a very large cone and tried to lie down but i'd been drinking and my tummy started to bitch, i think i thought i threw up, i didn't, but eitherway it was very uncomfortable especially as i had just passed the threshold of usefulness.. so i sat up with my eyes wide open and you know how usually it's just a fractal mess with eyes open? yeah well.. this time the different layers of 'mess' worked in sync with eachother to equate to a place, the dmt universe, except i was looking at it with eyes wide open. my room was suddenly filled a large sphere, and inside was about 30 blue fellas running around some kind of center-piece (very tall buddah like thing, but not so chubby more slender and egyptian if anything). and i was there, eyes wide open, looking at the world inside this sphere in my room, eyes OPEN, fuck me first time every that at breakthrough level eyes open made sense.. incredible. anyway, after a few minutes the sphere started turning black and i could progressively see less and less until it was a large black sphere and it suddenly collapsed into nothing and that was it.. what the hell hey the only distraction i hate is being hold or uncomfortable rubbish

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Chakra Vajra
#2 Posted : 7/19/2007 8:54:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Nice Report...

Viracocha
#3 Posted : 7/19/2007 9:33:17 AM

..still lc..

hehe well thanks very much, but i'm keen to hear what YOU think! Very happy

freedominphilly
#4 Posted : 7/19/2007 11:34:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

My friend hasn't toked the spice in total darkness yet, but he has toked in several different degrees of light. Once at dusk was very cool, purplish-orange skies that just exploded into so many different variations of color. Another time was at night in his bedroom, the lamp he has, has adjustable brightness and the it was set to very dim. He felt as tho he could see spaces in between the the space between him and the wall. The spaces got larger and larger and started to spin wildly like pinwheels until the spaces between the space, was larger than the space itself, if you know what I mean. One other time, broad daylight, in the woods under a bunch of trees. This was particularly interesting. Instead of everything moving around at a trillion miles an hour, like things usual do for him, everything was very very still, the trees created a beautiful ceiling with amazingly shaped skylights. I haven't had the pleasure of listening to music with headphones yet. I'm still somewhat of a noob, with still less than ten hyperspace trips.

XENONSION
#5 Posted : 7/19/2007 12:37:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I love adding music to the mix. The choice of music can have a big effect. I usually pick out something not specific, ambient background music to tune into.

Do not be
-seen-on-see-on-

Garulfo
#6 Posted : 7/19/2007 4:05:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM prefer silence with DMT. He think that music is too much distorted to be interresting/enjoyable. But he love music and Salvia. In that case the music gives the trip direction and atmosphere.

Viracocha
#7 Posted : 7/20/2007 1:24:30 AM

..still lc..

Fucker.. i can't see the salvia space Sad i gave a buddy a modest 5x cone and he completely spun out, burst out laughing explaining how my coffee table was being sucked into my fire place and some little dude was hiding from him in my ceiling decorations.. i had three of these in succession exact same method and i didn't get anything except for a wierd vertical forcefield i could feel, it made me fall over actually, but that was it - it could tell it was totally holding back.. anyway, dmt ambient music works for me too, i'm right into Boards Of Canada at the moment, but even some of their stuff can be a little too freaky to listen to.. i can't wait for summer again so i can get into daytime dmt trips, maybe in forests, beaches, nightime beaches Smile that'd be so nice i dunno if the headphones thing is too much or not.. i've only tried once and freaked out a little but i'm keen to give it another shot

El Ka Bong
#8 Posted : 7/20/2007 8:11:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have only launched at night and indoors ... I know, I gotta 'get out' more; daytime launches outdoors in a forest or in nature seem highly recommended But when alone I like it with lights out or very dim / almost dark, and silent - it feels I can reduce variables so the experience is mostly dose depandant. I can breakthrough in one lungful now ... With other folks in the room it'll be with lights on, music, and who knows what might 'interrupt' (pizza delivery ... for eg ..!). This is rare for me to try, but even with lots of sights and sounds around, upon launching I have left all distractions 'behind'... the music disappeared, people disappear ... until you re-enter ... and start to try to remember ... With folks in the room you can recount what happens, to help memorize more ... And in reality I prefer to not be alone and have one or two participant-sitters in a quiet space. I'm lying-down most of the time I get all nervous during the pre-burn and burn-stages, so I insist on calm and quiet if I'm with friends. Then the re-entry stage needs music I feel; when you know you've returned to 'just trippin', the music should go on. Miles Davis' "On The Corner" did it to me once - I knew that Miles knew God too !... a super psychedelic Miles album ! I know of someone who only does it in bed, alone in darkness, in silence and naked ... He says it's the 'most natural' way to go; as in the womb ! ~! as an aside question - does anyone think the brain's biochemistry of day vs night time, affect the experience..? I have a hunch we have different levels of dmt-receptors in our brains in the morning than just before bed ... Is dmt 'differently' potent after sleeping for a night..?

halou
#9 Posted : 7/20/2007 7:50:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I enjoy music with my dmt trips as well, though dont always have something on when i smoke. Always some kind of nice psychedelic music. The standard 'Divine Moments of Truth' by shpongle, 'From the mountains of Tangier' by Trial of the Bow, and various tracks from a cd by a sitar player by the name Sangeet (whose cd i bought from a suitcase after watching him play at a music festival while on acid, man that was good) I havent actually had a full breakthrough while listening to music now i think of it. Must do so soon. But yeah the best experience while listening to music was probably with Divine Moments of Truth. Rotating spherical room (felt like the interior of a flying saucer or something), the walls made from incredibly complex rotating mosaic patterns (bright and so colorful!), with this female-ish fairly humanlike individual in the middle of the room kind of suited up like an ancient eqyptian pharaoh who was dancing to the music while shooting colors at me in what seemed like a 4th dimension. Every second or so She would alternate being made out of pure light and from the same endlessly shifting mosaic patterns like the room itself. One of my favourite trips so far.

XENONSION
#10 Posted : 7/20/2007 9:31:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Best dmt themed song by sphongle, is Chucumba. One of the "unknown releases" from 2002. That song is awesome to trip to.

Do not be
-seen-on-see-on-

El Ka Bong
#11 Posted : 7/21/2007 3:00:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chucumba is in this video, right..? http://www.shpongle.org/video/flashback1.swf

XENONSION
#12 Posted : 7/21/2007 4:40:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:718f621ff5="El Ka Bong"]Chucumba is in this video, right..? http://www.shpongle.org/video/flashback1.swf[/quote:718f621ff5] pretty fucked up video, but yes, that's the one, lol

Do not be
-seen-on-see-on-