CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Effects of different mescaline containing cacti Options

69ron
#1 Posted : 1/25/2009 11:09:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has noticed some very distinctive differences between San Pedro and a Torch variety he recently purchased on-line. The Torch had effects that were identical to pure mescaline and not at all like San Pedro (it's usually like San Pedro). It didn’t have any sedative effects at all.

San Pedro is definitely a mellower experience and not at all like pure mescaline. It’s smoother.

The Achuma SWIM has tried is the most mellow of them all, extremely dreamy, and changes as the trip progresses in a way that is very like peyote. You can feel the different compounds as they fade in and out of the trip changing it as the trip progresses. It starts with a sedative dreamy effect that’s quite nice and comforting, and then this gives way to a more euphoric psychedelic stimulated effect. It’s a very blissful experience, but very different from mescaline.

By the way, nearly all the cacti SWIM has tried over that past 20 years has been extremely weak and required extractions in order for a reasonable dose to be had. Most had a mescaline content of less than 0.08%. Where’s all the potent cacti! SWIM can’t seem to find it anywhere!

I’m curious what others have noticed about these various different cacti available.

Are SWIM’s observations about their different effects also noticed by you guys?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

'Coatl
#2 Posted : 1/25/2009 6:17:49 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
I'm curious what others have noticed about these various different cacti available.

Your observations for Trichocereus seem pretty spot on... Brigesii contains more "Peyote-like" compounds while pachanoi/peruvianus is more like pure mescaline.

Predominant Cultivator (P.C.) pachanoi is a shit clone and is probably a cross between true pachanoi and bridgesii... I bet most (if not all) the pachanoi you have done come from this worthless clone.

Sacred Succulents has potent clones. As do I...

Sacred Succulents will always be the best place for cacti!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

polytrip
#3 Posted : 1/25/2009 7:44:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I also noticed this difference in effects. I find the come-up of peyote slightly comparable with that of XTC (MDMA). Like you, i never had very potent san-pedro, though and peyote i never had in large enough amounts to have full breakthrough experiences with. All the cactus trips i've had where in strength comparable with maybe 150/200 micrograms of acid. With acid, at a certain moment you can take a higher dose, but there won't be an increase in effects. I figure that this 'peak' lies somewhere between 800 and 1200 micrograms. From the trip-reports i've read and heard on mescaline it seems as if there's no such a limit and the strength of the trip keeps increasing with every extra amount you take. I would like to take an amount of mescaline once, that realy gives a full breakthrough experience. San-pedro would be the cheapest way to go, but coatl convinced me that peyote could be worthwile.

'Coatl
#4 Posted : 1/25/2009 7:47:21 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
San-pedro would be the cheapest way to go, but coatl convinced me that peyote could be worthwile.

Well... both are very much worthwhile... maybe I haven't discussed the power of my all time favorite entheogen enough... There are Trichocereus that reach 5% mesacline content in the green outer flesh.

Polytrip I would really love to hear about your Peyote experiences! Will you start a thread please?

Quote:
From the trip-reports i've read and heard on mescaline it seems as if there's no such a limit and the strength of the trip keeps increasing with every extra amount you take. I would like to take an amount of mescaline once, that realy gives a full breakthrough experience

People have taken up to 8 grams (8000mg!) of pure mescaline (Trouts notes).
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

69ron
#5 Posted : 1/26/2009 2:45:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Supposedly no one has ever died from taking mescaline or peyote. But there is one unconfirmed report of a death from a massive overdose of mescaline (15 grams intravenously). That’s a huge dose.

What's the best modern book about mescaline? I'd like to know all of what its bodily effects are. None of the books I own really go into detail about it.

Things I’m interested in knowing are effects on blood circulation, blood pressure, heart rate, digestive system, known interactions with other drugs, etc.

I found Trout’s notes on San Pedro to be a disappointment in that area. I’ve heard that Trout’s Sacred Cacti 3rd. ed. Part A has lots of information about mescaline. Is this a good book on mescaline or is the mescaline info too sparse?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

polytrip
#6 Posted : 1/26/2009 10:57:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
'Coatl wrote:
Quote:
San-pedro would be the cheapest way to go, but coatl convinced me that peyote could be worthwile.

Well... both are very much worthwhile... maybe I haven't discussed the power of my all time favorite entheogen enough... There are Trichocereus that reach 5% mesacline content in the green outer flesh.

Polytrip I would really love to hear about your Peyote experiences! Will you start a thread please?

I took peyote three times. The first time i ate the bud's and it took rather long for it to work, but i did not have an empty stomach then.
The other times it acted faster.
With peyote, first i started to see a slight enhancement of colors. Then there was i light feeling in my head. That first light, energized feeling has something in common with the feeling of MDMA and MDEA. To me it resembled MDEA more than MDMA, because of the energy and clarity i felt. This feeling of great mental clarity kept coming back a few times. Colours became more and more enhanced and energetic. With all cactusses i see aura's, like i don't see on tryptamines. But the effect that things start to come alive is pretty similar to that of LSD; i see trees 'growing', brick walls become caleidoscopic mosaïc's,etc. When i look at someone, i often see the person's (or even animal's) eyes glowing. One of the most interesting visual effects i ever had with peyote is that in a dark room, a white towel started to look like an icebear. sometimes it turned back into a towel again and then again, it became an icebear. Sometimes i had the LSD-like 'stroboscope feeling', although somewhat smoother. My thoughts seemed less chaotic then with LSD, but this must be dose related; with lower doses of LSD, my thoughts are clear and words come easy, while with higher doses, that i never had with peyote, my thoughts become completely chaotic and language becomes more difficult. I found peyote more LSD-like then mushroom like, but it also reminded me a lot of MDMA and MDA in it's clear and euphoric feelings. Thoughts became clearer and often it felt like puzlepieces naturally falling together. Bit's of thought naturally and easily fitted themselves in complex formations. I felt very blessed sometimes, but sometimes there also where moments in between that i felt completely sober and i wondered:'did i just imagine feeling that way?'

'Coatl
#7 Posted : 1/26/2009 6:14:16 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
What's the best modern book about mescaline? I'd like to know all of what its bodily effects are. None of the books I own really go into detail about it.

Zen and the Mind is pretty good in that area.

69ron
#8 Posted : 1/26/2009 6:16:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

'Coatl wrote:
Quote:

Zen and the Mind is pretty good in that area.

What about Trout's notes on Sacred Cacti, part A? Is that as good as people say?

'Coatl
#9 Posted : 1/26/2009 6:27:17 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Yes its a very good book.

I'll start a thread about it.