CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Template for comparative analysis of bioassays Options

Enoon
#1 Posted : 3/23/2011 9:51:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Let me know what you think and we can edit this together. I feel something like this is a good idea for us to be able to compare experiences, especially when dealing with relatively little documented mixtures, forms of administration or substances.

PRE-CONDITIONS
(mind)Set:
(physical condition) Set:
Setting (location):
time of day: (12 or 24 hour system, daylight? starlight? overcast?)
recent drug use: (list also any kind of medication)
last meal: (Time and type)

PARTICIPANT
body weight: (in kg pls)
known sensitivities:
history of use: (experienced, novice, first timer - in general and for this specific substance/form)

BIOASSAY

Substance(s): (list all taken substances)
Dose(s): (in the same order as Substances pls, use metric system i.e. g/ mg/ µg)
Method of administration: (dissolved in water, capsuls, insufflated, vaporized...)

EFFECTS

Administration time: T=0:00 (expand this if you used delayed administration for multiple substances or the same substance with multiple doses. Use indices.)
Duration: (x hours)
First effects:
Peak: (estimate a time range and note as e.g. T=2:00-4:00 for a range of 2 hours beginning 2 hours after administration)
Come down:
Baseline:

Intensity (overall): (use HRS-like scale i.e. 0-4: 0 = "Not at all;" 1 = "Slightly;" 2 = "Moderately;" 3 = "Quite a bit;" 4 = "Extremely."Pleased
Evaluation / notes:

OPTIONAL
Pleasantness: (0-4)
Unplesantness: (0-4)
Visual Intensity: (0-4)

AFTER-EFFECTS

Hangover: (0-4 ; what type of impleasantness ; duration)
Afterglow: (0-4 ; what type of positive effects ; duration)

(write your trip report as you would normally write it here)

Ideally you would just copy the code and fill in the blanks if you were going to write a report. This would help standardize our reports and give everyone a good overview of what was done before reading the report which can and should be creatively written which often obscures the technicalities.

Code:

[u][color=green]PRE-CONDITIONS[/color][/u]
[b](mind)Set[/b]:
[b](physical condition) Set[/b]:
[b]Setting (location)[/b]:
[b]time of day[/b]: (12 or 24 hour system, daylight? starlight? overcast?)
[b]recent drug use[/b]: (list also any kind of medication)
[b]last meal[/b]: (Time and type)

[u][color=green]PARTICIPANT[/color][/u]
[b]Gender[/b]: (m / f)
[b]body weight[/b]: (in kg pls)
[b]known sensitivities[/b]:
[b]history of use[/b]: (experienced, novice, first timer - in general and for this specific substance/form)
[u]
[color=green]BIOASSAY[/color][/u]
[b]Substance(s)[/b]: (list all taken substances)
[b]Dose(s)[/b]: (in the same order as Substances pls, use metric system i.e. g/ mg/ µg)
[b]Method of administration[/b]: (dissolved in water, capsuls, insufflated, vaporized...)
[u]

[color=green]EFFECTS[/color][/u]
[b]Administration time[/b]: T=0:00 (expand this if you used delayed administration for multiple substances or the same substance with multiple doses. Use indices.)
[b]Duration[/b]: (x hours)
[b]First effects[/b]:
[b]Peak[/b]: (estimate a time range and note as e.g. T=2:00-4:00 for a range of 2 hours beginning 2 hours after administration)
[b]Come down[/b]:
[b]Baseline[/b]:

[b]Intensity (overall)[/b]: (use HRS-like scale i.e. 0-4: 0 = "Not at all;" 1 = "Slightly;" 2 = "Moderately;" 3 = "Quite a bit;" 4 = "Extremely.")
[b]Evaluation / notes[/b]:

[color=green]OPTIONAL[/color]
[b]Pleasantness[/b]: (0-4)
[b]Unplesantness[/b]: (0-4)
[b]Visual Intensity[/b]: (0-4)

[u]
[color=green]AFTER-EFFECTS[/color][/u]
[b]Hangover[/b]: (0-4 ; what type of impleasantness ; duration)
[b]Afterglow[/b]: (0-4 ; what type of positive effects ; duration)

[u]
[color=green]REPORT[/color][/u]
(write your trip report as you would normally write it here)
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 3/23/2011 10:20:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome work, I would hope people would try to answer this simple template before adding their qualitative review of experiences, so that we can have a better base for comparison Smile

kyrolima
#3 Posted : 3/25/2011 2:14:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cool idea - my next report will contain that
elusive illusion

Global
#4 Posted : 3/27/2011 3:38:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

If anyone thinks like me (and I'm sure if I'm thinking like this, some others might be as well), then what I would suggest is that if one were to use the template, I would recommend writing the experience report first, and then before submitting it one would fill out the template. I feel like the spontaneous memories that flicker here and there should be gotten down in words first and then you can go fill out the template. I can fully understand how others may find it helpful to make a list of the effects first and whatnot, and so whatever works for you. I just feel it could be distracting if you're filling out a chart like you're in the doctor's office instead of getting it down in the right words first.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Rivea
#5 Posted : 3/27/2011 6:23:47 PM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

One of the things I love about you Enoon is that you are so methodical. It reminds me of talking about airflow in an extended chat with you.
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

Enoon
#6 Posted : 3/27/2011 7:49:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

globalswg,

I would think anyone submitting a noteworthy report would probably have it written down elsewhere, that is to say outside of the nexus e.g. on their own computer or even in a diary or some such contraption, anyway. Posting it here would ideally be just a matter of cut and paste, then fill out the template, done. Smile
At least that's how I would do it. Alas none of my trips are really noteworthy so far...
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---

Dorge
#7 Posted : 5/22/2011 9:30:23 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

Looks good
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

EuphoricHavoc
#8 Posted : 11/28/2011 6:23:58 AM

Monster Entity Mom

Should Implesantness be Unpleasantness?

Enoon
#9 Posted : 11/28/2011 9:01:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yup, thanks, changed.
---
---

cheiron
#10 Posted : 11/27/2013 2:34:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the hyperlink in the "we like you to check this thread: Template for' etc links to the .com instead of the .me domain.

I guess the same reason why the 'add the template to your post' button doenst work...?

I
#11 Posted : 5/9/2018 3:41:05 AM

EYE

Will be applying this to my next report , great idea!