CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Peyote causes no long term damage..in fact it may be good for you! Options

Jorkest
#1 Posted : 12/22/2008 3:02:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

polytrip
#2 Posted : 12/22/2008 3:43:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Slightly more interresting than rats on XTC having sex, wich is indeed something that needs to be studied thouroughly just as well.
Mescaline, although it's a phenethylamine, activates some of the same receptors as DMT does.
We already knew this about ayahuasca, so this leaves the question whether it's a neural mechanism that's involved here or whether the use of these substances is merely part of a lifestyle that's just very healthy.
I wonder if these substances are just straightforward 'good for you', or whether the religious and ritual context plays a role here as well.

Jorkest
#3 Posted : 12/22/2008 3:46:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

well it also goes to show that they arent harmful..which needs to be known
it's a sound

polytrip
#4 Posted : 12/22/2008 3:57:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Jorkest wrote:
well it also goes to show that they arent harmful..which needs to be known

by druggies like usRolling eyes

Jorkest
#5 Posted : 12/22/2008 4:32:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i was thinking more along the lines of the rest of the world
it's a sound

burnt
#6 Posted : 12/22/2008 4:41:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Well there is always the question of whether or not people who use these substances properly are getting the benefits from the context in which they are used or the substance itself. I think its fair to say thats its a little bit of both. Now I would just like to see an article like that appear on cnn or the bbc or what have you.

Although one comment the article does claim that mescaline being different from lsd or psilocin means that these results cannot be applicable to those substances. While yes ok every substance deserves its own analysis but lsd and psilosin also have no long term negative effects except if people experience a series of bad trips etc etc. In other words I think most psychedelics are reasonably safe in terms of long term cognitive effects.

'Coatl
#7 Posted : 12/22/2008 5:01:16 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Duh!

Here's some links-

Peyotl

Peyote Safe

Peyote Good

Peyotl Great

Aya'

The Holy Three are Safe!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb