CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Spice Slang Options

Hyperspace Fool
#1 Posted : 9/1/2011 6:45:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As you can tell, I am rather enjoying this whole Lexicon project.

So, my newest phrase:

=== Spice Slang ===
(noun)
The informal usage in vocabulary and idiom relating to Spice and Hyperspace. It is characteristically more metaphorical, playful, elliptical, vivid, and ephemeral than ordinary language. Use of any terms in the Hyperspace Lexicon in one's speech or writing is an example of Spice Slang. It also includes the purposeful mis-spelling of words for added meaning amongst those in the know. (i.e. smoalk for smoke and moar for more)

Spice Slang can be characterized by the use of vulgar and socially taboo vocabulary alongside its idiomatic expressions... Or not. It is, in practice, the jargon of the particular class or subsection of the population who are interested in, and often regularly partake in the consumption of DMT. It is a flexible and ever expanding set of terminology, and its use can sometimes lead to confusion amongst the un-initiated.

This phrase could also be used as a verb, adjective, or other article of speech.

Interestingly enough, the term slang, on its own, has its roots in the "special vocabulary of tramps or thieves," and grew into the "jargon of a particular profession." First usage in English appears in the mid 1700's. It is likely of Scandinavian source. (cf. Norw. slengenamn "nickname," slengja kjeften "to abuse with words," lit. "to sling the jaw," related to O.N. slyngva "to sling." )

Matching Quote

"All slang is metaphor, and all metaphor is poetry."

-Gilbert Keith Chesterton

"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

AstraLex
#2 Posted : 9/1/2011 7:16:19 PM

Russian-Orthodox Christian

Hehe nice one, Hyperspace Fool Smile

Just like soldiers, prisoners, teenagers etc. have their own slang, so do we, mind explorers, have our own slang. And to call it Spice Slang is not only right on the spot, but also quit funny as the word ‘spice’ is a slang word by itself Smile I like it Pleased
I took the red pill.

Purges
#3 Posted : 9/7/2011 1:52:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dinkledonk - the genre of music that can only be heard in hyperspace. Bizarre and Joyous.
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Hyperspace Fool
#4 Posted : 9/7/2011 9:17:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Purges wrote:
Dinkledonk - the genre of music that can only be heard in hyperspace. Bizarre and Joyous.

I dig it. You want to put it up on the Lexicon?

I could do it for you if you want.

I would think that there are a number of genres of music that can only be heard in Hyperspace. No? Pleased
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

Purges
#5 Posted : 9/7/2011 9:28:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Why not?! Very happy That was the name that sprang to mind after an extended Changa session last night. Seemed quite fitting for the weird jangly music I was hearing Laughing
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3